zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

Ultimate fighter

You know...it irritates the sh*t out of me hearing a dude sit there and argue about getting the arm with the guillotine. I mean i know some of these hybrid teaching mma schools don't teach all the little details sometimes, but when you take important details and ignore them, makes me a little sad for BJJ.

jtuner77 is offline Member
    Funny story, I was at the gym last night and on the mats I see two kids in the guard, doing arm bars, etc. I watched their technique and it was so sloppy at some point I just had to same something. The kid tells me he has been training for 3 years at some school near the gym. I laughed and was like how about you actually learn Jujitsu from someone that is truly trained in Jujitsu and not teachin you some half ass moves, none of his holds were tight, no bridge in his arm bar, it was just slop. I see so many MMA fighters on UFC that has some of the worst form ever and at the local fights here as well.

Not saying I can compete on that level but so many people are opening up Dojos without even knowing the basics.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Exactly...McDojo's left and right. I feel bad because I have now seen a school that trains mma that teaches proper technique bjj moves as well as good stand up and for them to get grouped in with this tripe is just horrible.

groundfighter1 is offline Junior Member
    oh I could go on and on about this!...lol
    but clearly we agree, so i won't

if a school has no affiliation... it's prolly for a reason

just my 2 cents

AbusedYam is offline Junior Member
    some people dont have access to real gyms

Thread Information