Thread: PBF vs Ortiz

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member

PBF vs Ortiz

Anyone got the underdog taking this with an upset against PBF? I just can't see it happening.

plisk is offline New Member
    Yeah there was no way that was ever going to happen.

Nothing against Ortiz, he's a tough aggressive fighter and blazed up Andre Berto (who is a ****ing machine), but there was no way he was ever going to give Mayweather a run for his money. I don't even like Mayweather, but my dislike for him as a person aside, he will go down in history as quite possibly the greatest defensive boxer EVER. Not a single boxer in the entire history of the sport has ever gotten defense down to a fine art like that, and he's just an outstanding talent in general.

But jesus what a bit of controversy at the end of the fight. The headbutt was certainly uncalled for, but the two punches when Ortiz had his guard down were technically legal but still dirty none the less.

At this point Pacquiao vs Mayweather needs to happen. Pacman is the only guy in the WW division that I think has a truly legit shot at dethroning Mayweather, and mayweather is either scared or is trying to drag this out as long as he can to make a huge payday out of it.

Thread Information