Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

Well is KhaBOB still going to be undefeated?

Whose your fucking picks...Justin or Khabib?
    Going with the champ or the challenger?

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have to repeat myself. It's tragic that the sport is losing such a talented fighter at such a young age. By mid-way through the first round, even I could tell Nurmagomedov was in control of the fight by who it was always moving forward and who it was always backing up or dancing sideways. The pressure was keeping Gaethje out of the center of the octagon and from getting his feet under him, stifling his offense. Still, Gaethje looked to have landed quite a few solid punches to the head in the first round but Khabib barely flinched (in fact, it looked to me like he already had decided he could take Justin's best shot). Sumbitch has got a chin. Gaethje was landing some serious leg kicks, too, but the fight ended before they had a chance to change its trajectory. Herzog didn't see Gaethje tapping for several seconds but he started tapping about 20 seconds after Nurmagomedov took him down.

It's too bad we've gotten to see so few appearances by Khabib against top-drawer fighters, 'cuz I don't think there's any question he is in his prime and at the top of his game.

But that's probably better than the alternative, fighting until he's gone so far down-hill that it's cringe-worthy to watch. But on the third hand, Scott Coker and Bellator make quite a tidy living featuring matches between geriatric fighters. Bellator is like the graveyard for old UFC fighters.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 10-25-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Khabib had missed two weeks of training camp with the mumps. It shows that Russia is still a backwater country that they don't have universal childhood vaccinations for the mumps.

He also broke his foot three weeks before the fight.

And he lost the first round on two judges' scorecards. Which I think is still another sign that to preserve the integrity of the sport, Dana needs to drive out all the boxing judges.

Anyway, it was only the second round he'd ever lost. In 29 professional fights, about 66 rounds, he only ever lost two. And the other was the first round against McGregor. Until he got to the UFC, he'd never been seen a third round. He had 16 pre-UFC fights and ended 10 of them in the first round.

Bones has his panties in a twist because there's talk of Nurmagomedov as GOAT because he (Bones) has had so many successful title defenses. But he's also lost a fight. Nurmagomedov is undefeated. Granted, the loss was on a technicality, and I happen to think that that particular rule is ridiculous, but all the same he lost for failing to abide by the rules (= cheating). And he frequently lost rounds. And he's a habitual cheat (never men an eye-poke he didn't like). And he also felt obligated to play the race card against Khabib, as if a black American multimillionaire superstar athlete faces more discrimination than a Dagestani Muslim. NO GOAT FOR YOU!

And Khabib's manager said something ... cryptic. He's saying that Nurmagomedov hasn't relinquished the title. With no further comment. Hhmmmmm ....

DW says he *thinks* he can get Khabib to come back for one. more. fight. to make it 30-0.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    DW says he *thinks* he can get Khabib to come back for one. more. fight. to make it 30-0.
    Khabib vs Mayweather

DW confirms the lightweight title is not vacant and says he thinks Khabib will fight again.

Thread Information