Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ronnie Buff is offline New Member
    LeBron is not even close to Jordans class. If anything this topic should have Kobe in it.

Dytum is offline Junior Member
    Not better, no, not yet. Time will tel. Kobe is better imo so james has a way to go....starting with at least 1 title

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    kobe is similar to jordan and i like him better...never liked mike...even on the golf course with the cigar...just too much

AllAmerican-PCS is offline Junior Member
    I dont know why people keep saying that Jordan would be just another good player in today's game. He was ahead of his time back then cause of the TIME!! he put into it, IMO if he was in his prime in todays game, he would be just as good or far better given the fact that as time moves forward you should naturally have better players; faster, stronger, quicker, more accurate, and so on because of technology, better gear, and knowledge behind the game.........The fact of the matter is, is that Jordan was just smarter than the rest and the out come would still be the same now. IMO

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    personally i think dwyane wade would the closest comparison to jordan.. the mans work around the rim is phenomenal and nothing short of amazing, most of the shit he puts in, seeing the first time first thought is "luck" but after seeing him do the same crazy ass shots and making them multiple times a game, you realize hes just that good.. been my favorite in the nba since his rookie year..

Quote Originally Posted by ajordana View Post
    personally i think dwyane wade would the closest comparison to jordan.. the mans work around the rim is phenomenal and nothing short of amazing, most of the shit he puts in, seeing the first time first thought is "luck" but after seeing him do the same crazy ass shots and making them multiple times a game, you realize hes just that good.. been my favorite in the nba since his rookie year..
    i've stated that i think wade is better than lebron before...way more talented, imo

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i've stated that i think wade is better than lebron before...way more talented, imo
    i think so too. his ball handling, speed, precision, clutch, leadership, sportsmanship, finesse, foul-drawing capabilities, work around the rim, mid range jumpers... all are unmatched

Quote Originally Posted by ajordana View Post
    i think so too. his ball handling, speed, precision, clutch, leadership, sportsmanship, finesse, foul-drawing capabilities, work around the rim, mid range jumpers... all are unmatched
    well said
    and about foul drawing i havent watched many games this year but i thought i over heard a commentator talking about trying to do away with the auto foul when u have a defender off his feet trying to block your fake then you jump into him with a shot? was that just talk or is it true...why are leagues always trying to change CHANGE CHANGE...why not change the record books too...if anything they should add to the espys award is an unofficial flopper award and call them out...my vote for last year...lebron james...bwahhhahaaaa

well said
    and about foul drawing i havent watched many games this year but i thought i over heard a commentator talking about trying to do away with the auto foul when u have a defender off his feet trying to block your fake then you jump into him with a shot? was that just talk or is it true...why are leagues always trying to change CHANGE CHANGE...why not change the record books too...if anything they should add to the espys award is an unofficial flopper award and call them out...my vote for last year...lebron james...bwahhhahaaaa
    lmao! no joke man.. why change the rules now of a game thats been played the same for yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrsssss.. its dumb.. if its not broke dont fix it.. shit.. but im not sure i hadnt heard that.. im gonna have to do a little digging and see, that would be ridiculous

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Lately Lebron has been whinning in the media and I think he regrets leaving Cleveland. There he was celebrated as a God and in Miami he is being seen for his true colors, a spoiled privlaged twat.
    He went from a stadium where there was a billboard across from the arena with his arms out stretched that read, "We are all witnesses" and catered to by a coach and ownership.
    Now he is on a team with a basketball legend as the president who will not take his crap. But hey he got what he wanted. He is in a party town with all his friends and organized a super team that may never win a championship, and wiped his ass of his home town and did that douche bag move with "The Decision" show.
    All of which is very Un-Jordan like. MJ had way too much class for that.

i know you speak the truth when i see LJ and douche used in the same sentence

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    i know you speak the truth when i see LJ and douche used in the same sentence
    Thank you sir.

CmyZFly is offline Junior Member
    jordan will always be #1

kb24 is offline Junior Member
    kobe goat

Big Bacto is offline Junior Member
    Lebron can't handle pressure, if there is any current nba player you want to compare Jordan with its the black mamba , he been doing some unreal sh**t lately .

had to look up the black mamba...lol..never heard that one....glad he's ballin again...i gotta start watching more games...i'm sure i'm missin out

Big Bacto is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    had to look up the black mamba...lol..never heard that one....glad he's ballin again...i gotta start watching more games...i'm sure i'm missin out
    Hahaha its amazing what he is doing at his age scoring average 30 points every game . Yea mate ofc your missin out big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bacto View Post
    Hahaha its amazing what he is doing at his age scoring average 30 points every game . Yea mate ofc your missin out big time.
    i think it started a lil before the allstar game? when he heard they ranked him the 7th best player and he went off in a game and said "not bad for the 7th best player"
    lol
    he needed something like that to fuel it

MHouse is offline Junior Member
    LeBron is a true freak of nature, but he's not MJ. He's not even Kobe. Until he proves himself in the clutch on a regular basis and shows that he has the killer instinct, he cannot be mentioned in MJ's class.

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHouse
    LeBron is a true freak of nature, but he's not MJ. He's not even Kobe. Until he proves himself in the clutch on a regular basis and shows that he has the killer instinct, he cannot be mentioned in MJ's class.
    That's exactly right, he just doesn't have the killer instinct. Not the best Bball player but a true freak at his size and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix44 View Post
    That's exactly right, he just doesn't have the killer instinct. Not the best Bball player but a true freak at his size and strength.
    how strong is he i dont know wut ppl mean by that

MHouse is offline Junior Member
    6'8", 250+ lbs, runs like a gazelle, can jump out the gym, looks like his body fat is about 10% and has ridiculous hand/eye coordination... I would say that's a freak of nature. That's not your average Joe walking down the street.

most nba players are tall and athletic...so what he's 250 at 6'8"? i agree 10% maybe even 9% ...you gonna be fat running up and down the court all day long?...
    he's tall and a little thick...not anywhere huge muscular wise imo
    and i dont see the blazing speed either....they all seem to run fast...like 90% of them....do they test in the short distance they run down the court like they do in football with the 40yd dash..
    like i said before....take his teammate over him ANYDAY
    Oh and ridiculous hand eye coordination? really? AND he looks bowlegged to me as well...
    i guess i just got the hates for him..idk

how strong is he i dont know wut ppl mean by that
    Not necessarily weight room strength but using your power against the other guys.

Not necessarily weight room strength but using your power against the other guys.
    Its basketball...i dont understand that either...he isnt a dominant rebounder either is he?

most nba players are tall and athletic...so what he's 250 at 6'8"? i agree 10% maybe even 9% ...you gonna be fat running up and down the court all day long?...
    he's tall and a little thick...not anywhere huge muscular wise imo
    and i dont see the blazing speed either....they all seem to run fast...like 90% of them....do they test in the short distance they run down the court like they do in football with the 40yd dash..
    like i said before....take his teammate over him ANYDAY
    Oh and ridiculous hand eye coordination? really? AND he looks bowlegged to me as well...
    i guess i just got the hates for him..idk
    I'm going to assume you didn't play basketball. Most NBA players are tall and athletic And also skinny. For instance Kevin Durant arguably the best player in the NBA couldn't bench 185 at the combine. And Lebron is less than 10%. And strength is rediculous he can shoot a regular jumpshot from almost full court that takes unbelievable strength.

What does bow legged have to do with anything

Sounds like you are a Cleveland fan lol

Its basketball...i dont understand that either...he isnt a dominant rebounder either is he?
    Well obviously you didn't play Bball so your not going to understand. He is unstoppable slashing to the rim.

And for the record I still don't think he's the best Bball player.

I'm going to assume you didn't play basketball. Most NBA players are tall and athletic And also skinny. For instance Kevin Durant arguably the best player in the NBA couldn't bench 185 at the combine. And Lebron is less than 10%. And strength is rediculous he can shoot a regular jumpshot from almost full court that takes unbelievable strength.

What does bow legged have to do with anything

Sounds like you are a Cleveland fan lol
    lol
    no, orlando
    now dwight...theres muscle broski...guess i win that argument
    and you just proved how skinny durant is in the talk of being the best so there goes the strength argument....
    wow lebron can shoot easily from half court....except fourth quarter with a few seconds he'll show his passing ability then...lmao
    in reality its all about winning the big game so jordan, kobe in that order as of now....i'd actually rather have a paul pierce on my team....gotta love clutch

and i think lebron travels and doesnt get called for it

idk know what bowlegged has to do with it....just pointing out the freaks freakiness i reckon

lol
    no, orlando
    now dwight...theres muscle broski...guess i win that argument
    and you just proved how skinny durant is in the talk of being the best so there goes the strength argument....
    wow lebron can shoot easily from half court....except fourth quarter with a few seconds he'll show his passing ability then...lmao
    in reality its all about winning the big game so jordan, kobe in that order as of now....i'd actually rather have a paul pierce on my team....gotta love clutch
    Do you know how much Howard weighs? He's 6-10 and 265lb in Bball he's huge in real life just a big guy

Like I said I'm not arguing anything for Lebron just that he is a freak of nature same as Howard is. Howard has no Bball skill what so ever but he's a freak and that's what makes him good.

yeh i know your not saying lebron is the best

i'm just saying i dont think he's all that big...and dwight looks WAY muscular than lebron....maybe the weights are fudged ? idk....either way dwight is better, nicer, dunks better,boards, blocks shots better...but lebron is better at the line, like u said exploding the the rim, 3 pointers, foul line, and pretty sure assists...its a pretty close one between the two as valuable....i think a team could be built better around dwight though

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with the wade. He is humble and not an attention hore like Jame Jordan and Kobe. Jordan is still he greatest player to step on the court. He was double and triple teamed a lot and would still get points on the board to pass it off to an open man. Do I think Kobe is close to Jordan is comparison? umm not really! Kobe is very good, but he also has a really good supporting cast, jordan only had pippen.
    Kobe and James are two different players and James is not near Kobe's caliber imo. Clutch lol lol lol he choked last year nba finals and a white dude showed all of miami that you cant stop me!

Fari is offline New Member
    I really don't see how people think Jordan did it all by himself, he had scottie, Tony Kucoc, Rodman and lets not forget Steve Ker! But imo Jordan will be the best play in the NBA. To be fair Bill Russel and Wilt Chemberlaine are the only players to have done it by themselves!

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Hmmm not sure I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778 View Post
    Hmmm not sure I agree
    with Wut

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    I've tuned in to Miami games in the 4th quarter just to see the exciting finish to a top flight NBA game but strangely I never catch sight of lebron?! after an inexplicable Miami loss I see them interviewing Sir James as if He was in the game! what gives!

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Lebron is def top 5 but jordan never needed to flop the way lebron does

Wouldn't a player need to play for 10 years to get top 5-10-20 all time player talk

BFM
    BFM is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    i dont belive he is yet, but will be before it is over (all respect to micheal jordan: the biggest sports icon in my life time)
    Surely you cant be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by BFM View Post
    Surely you cant be serious.
    this

but he probably is serious

ppl REALLY think it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information