Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    muscle1 is offline New Member
    i agree with laying off arms for a good while...i feel i used to have the same problem bout 3 years ago...so what i did was just worked them out every other week, lowered the amount of sets, anything besides trying to get them bigger!! even if captain did lose a little but of size on them it would help out his proportions and make his torso look a lot better

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Capt. how'd you like the compounds? Thinking of doing the same thing with a twist Well winny+tren also lol..

Looks like it did you well. How'd your strength LBM increase etc while on low calorie diet?

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Seriously guys, thanks so much!!! Taibox, IBD, Carlos, Frank , muscle1 thanks bros, it means alot this close to the show to get this support, Every day is a challenge now almost 1 wk out and im just fighting to keep getting better...i get slightly more cut every 2 days or so and things are really coming in now...just posing really hard now every night... workouts are the best ever, and im feeling pretty dam good overall.....i CANT WAIT for next wk and for offseason to begin, its ALL CHEST and legs this year guys, I feel my legs are my best bodypart currently i just really need to hit em even harder this year to get that thickness--once i get the size and thickness they will be ridiculous...and my chest needs the same...

As far as the chems, this has been my first contest using any chems of any kind so im very impressed in the fact that i used so little. Ive been bodybulding seriously for 7 years and training for a little over 8 years and its really starting to pay off. Im very satisfied with what ive been able to do naturally as well, i only used prop and masteron for this show...i cut the NPP after 10 or 11 days which i considered worthless, i really like to keep it simple when it comes to chems, i like to make sure im doin everything healthy and eventually ill get into more stuff when i get the funds to back it up....i know for next contest it will be nearly the same, probably

prop the whole way, and some masteron at the end and maybe some primo if i can afford it...

As far as LBM i know i put on muscle because ive only lost 2-3 lbs, i started the diet at 180lb and today im 177 so life is great! as far as strength goes it was pretty decent for me, i use dutasteride all year long so my strength definitely takes a hit there, but thats my chosen route for now, i want to keep my hair for a while and only plan on using light chems for now.....

i also need to get a corner of helpers together to help my posing and diet strategies too, well anyway, ill start the diuretics on monday and keep posting pics every day guys.....thanks again for all the help and support guys

your goin 2 do great captain, and yes, you do have awesome legs!!

Muscle1 i really hope so man, im just staying positive and making sure my confidence stays high on the day of the show...i really got screwed in my first show and should have won the overall, and last year i didnt really get any good call-outs, i was off a little last year but i still had proportions and size and still was out of the runnin...this year im knocking on the door and letting em know that im hungry and i want respect this year....time will tell, im staying positive and just thankful i got the support, advice, and critique of the guys on here....

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Looking Good Bro, just POSE, POSE, POSE...once the water leaves you'll be good to go...XXL

Thanks ALOT MikeXXL...many pics coming this wk....

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    CAPT-- You looking awesome. love your attitude & positive approach to everything.You have helped me with my cycle (going great by the way) & your posts & updates & pics are great...HARDCORE for a few more weeks bro!!! We're all watchin..

Getnjakked dude im Glad your cycle is going great, i figured it would! thanks alot for all the support, just got 1 wk to go, this is the toughest part for me...today i went out and got all my junk food for after the show with my wife !! LOL i think she was embarrassed at the checkout line cuz it was all sweets!!! Things are going awesome guys, tomorrow i take pics first thing in the morning and i should be carbed up well since im carbing up today....i cut protein shakes out today so now its all steak and chicken for me the rest of the week, its funny how zucchinni something ive never eaten has become the best part of my day!!!!! Pics will be up tomorrow gentlemen...i will continue to post as many pics as i can of the carb up etc...later boys

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    tomorrow i take pics first thing in the morning
    Looking foward to it

as a rule of thumb i use on the front relaxed, i try and make sure i can touch or just about touch my hips with my thumbs, try it out and see if you like it any better captain...

timtim is offline Member
    good luck. keep working hard. its showing.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Looking good capt.....We need to now work on foot placement...you shouldnt have your legs locked out and place your feet a lil closer and turn your toes outward a tad..(see pic) on your rear shots, i think you should turn your heel in a lil (see my avy for an idea of what im saying)....Foot placement is important in EVERY pose cuz it can impact the appearance of your physique BIG TIME...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    Looking good capt.....We need to now work on foot placement...you shouldnt have your legs locked out and place your feet a lil closer and turn your toes outward a tad..(see pic) on your rear shots, i think you should turn your heel in a lil (see my avy for an idea of what im saying)....Foot placement is important in EVERY pose cuz it can impact the appearance of your physique BIG TIME...
    Yes Bro your foot placement makes your pose. do as Doc says look at his picture i nhis avatar and make sure all your rear shots your feet are placed just like his, rear foot should be slightly turned out (heels in) an dfront foot should also be slightly turned outward the reason is to show your sweep from the rear making your legs appear bigger. doc's picture is a perfect example.

Thanks gentlemen, ill re-do these poses tomorrow or the next day and post pics again for critique, thanks guys....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    ditto!

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think ive ever seen 179.5 lbs look better. feel bad for the others in the contest. looks like its a fight for 2nd!

BigLouie...thanks man, thats one of the best compliments ive ever gotten, means alot bro, ill post some poses tomorrow with better foot placement....later guys

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    BigLouie...thanks man, thats one of the best compliments ive ever gotten, means alot bro, ill post some poses tomorrow with better foot placement....later guys

hey man, its well deserved! you put tons of hours into training and eating properly. i know if i got down to 179lbs from 200lbs i wouldnt look like that. your legs and arms are massive and ripped. i see in your profile that your short, me being 6' i think id have to be around 235lbs to have comparable muscle mass. I mean thats a ton of muscle you have on that frame!

BigLouie THANKS again man! i remember when i used to stress out on measurements and now im just glad that ive forgotten all about that and its all in the mirror and the illusions to get that symmetrical look, honestly i cant wait for monday when i start to hammer chest this offseason, im just so focused on improving that im not gonna leave any time to waste....talk to you later guys...

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    looking great.....keep up the hard work....

Thanks bro! Almost done with today then i begin my carb-up tomorrow Thanks God! the cravings are awful these days! But im ready and focused....itll be fun...

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Alright guys, i adjusted my back double bicep as some members suggested, and i agree it does look better like this...we'll see what you guys think....i began my carb-up this morning after my circuit training but i still feel weak and like crap usually until the afternoon, today i will take in 300g of carbs with my usual sources from brown rice, long grain rice, and veggie pasta....then tomorrow i will go to about 450g and friday maybe 350-400g of carbs...

much better CD

Thanks Mwolffey! crazy how much foot placement makes a difference...i have a new sense of confidence....getting close! more pics coming too!

RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Looking good bro!! Keep it up..

Thanks man! im starting to feel better now that CARDIO IS OVER!!!! and the carbs are hittin my system and giving me more energy...tomorrow should be a good day again, i started pounding the water down on tues too, today is 3 gallons of water for me and 3.5 tomorrow....

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Thanks man! im starting to feel better now that CARDIO IS OVER!!!! and the carbs are hittin my system and giving me more energy...tomorrow should be a good day again, i started pounding the water down on tues too, today is 3 gallons of water for me and 3.5 tomorrow....
    i cant wait to see comp pix. dude you look great.

timtim is offline Member
    good luck capt. your arms and legs should be hard to beat. back pose looks solid now too. showing off your power points.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Alright guys, i adjusted my back double bicep as some members suggested, and i agree it does look better like this...we'll see what you guys think....i began my carb-up this morning after my circuit training but i still feel weak and like crap usually until the afternoon, today i will take in 300g of carbs with my usual sources from brown rice, long grain rice, and veggie pasta....then tomorrow i will go to about 450g and friday maybe 350-400g of carbs...
    Thats a world of a difference, just keep working at it. remember turn both feet at a 45 degree angle and bend your knees, sit on it. so you can see the sweeps from the rear.

Hey Thanks a bunch guys! Yea im feeling pretty good coming into this contest! Ive learned alot and cant wait to continue to learn even more, thats the best thing about this sport....You guys have been great! Very supportive and Helpful..Cant wait to fill out and get a good pump going and then my shots will improve greatly since im depleted in those shots...

Ok guys, it sucks being this close to contest but let me give you a story..and yes its ok to laugh on this one!!!!

might be a stupid question, but yesterday i noticed that with increasing my fluid intake along with possibly too much zucchinni i was having some horribly rancid gas, no joke, like un-natural smelling it was so bad, i was wondering because zucchinni does have potassium in small amounts, what would cause this? i know with aldactone im not supposed to add any potassium into my regimen, im confused cuz it happened tonight too almost 5-10 minutes after i ate some zucchinni with a steak...just to update too, the last 3 meals as of today, im talking like 2-3 minutes after the meal it happens, my stomach feels weird and then it hits, just horribly army-killing gas like never before(even though its the same food ive been having all along) i really think its the aldactone...within 2-3 minutes...im kinda freaked out cuz i got 8-9 meals to take down tomorrow, should i take digestive enzymes? whats goin on!?

OK so i finally figured it out: Unfortunately Thiazide Diuretics can cause gas from lack of sodium...i cut my water tonight at 8pm and im currently using 100mg of aldactone per day...the question is...

Can i add more sodium tomorrow for my carb load and will it affect my condition at all since ive already cut my water? Will adding sodium cut this horrible problem? Definitely freaked me out cuz it was like clockwork, and the thing is, i already do add extra sodium to my meals on carb day to help with the absorption, im just wondering how much sodium i should add, my buds are coming down tomorrow for the show and i dont want them to pass out from my rancid gas!!!

I found this on this site

http://www.news-journal.com/health/a...ureticscl.html

Depletions

Chloride; Sodium

Because of the wide availability of sodium in dietary sources, deficiency is very uncommon. In the rare instances where it does occur, depleted levels have been associated with GAS, nausea and vomiting, headache, memory impairment, diminished attention, muscle weakness, heart palpitations, lethargy, and confusion. Extreme cases can cause stupor, seizures, and possibly coma. The development of symptoms depends in large part on the rate of the loss of sodium.

thanks guys...

Ok guys just sittin around kinda bored..heres a quick pic from today, im finally starting to dry up and lose the water...i got a full day of carbin up and shit loading tomorrow with snickerdoodle cookies, chocolate bars, fritos, and donuts!!! cant wait, its almost show time!!!
    Looking great bro!! Keep it up, All the best tommorow!!! Sucks I gotta wait another week to get my show over with..lol

Thanks RailZ, yea that last week is brutal on the mind! stay with it man....

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Ok guys just sittin around kinda bored..heres a quick pic from today, im finally starting to dry up and lose the water...i got a full day of carbin up and shit loading tomorrow with snickerdoodle cookies, chocolate bars, fritos, and donuts!!! cant wait, its almost show time!!!

Starting to look dry as hell... great job

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    your abs look amazing bro...have fun shitloading...i know that you are probably looking foreward to it, as would i...almost there bro, get ready to bring home the 1st place trophy

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    looking very lean and dry.very nice abs. good luck tomorrow, i'll be on tomorrow night for updates on the competion.

Well today is ur day..give us a update when you can bro!

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Well?????????

Hey Guys sorry for the delay! I got TONS of info as well as the carb-load play by play, mistakes, what i learned etc, ill continue to post as much as possible in an aid for anyone else competing, it was a great time and great show! i came in my best shape ever and was very dry but not full enough, i wont be on much this wk but ill continue to post thoughts etc as well as many pictures, and im gonna get some thank yous up here too, thanks again guys for all the support and knowledge, i got 3rd in the first contest that day, and 4th in a larger contest that day as well....later guys

Hey Guys sorry for the delay! I got TONS of info as well as the carb-load play by play, mistakes, what i learned etc, ill continue to post as much as possible in an aid for anyone else competing, it was a great time and great show! i came in my best shape ever and was very dry but not full enough, i wont be on much this wk but ill continue to post thoughts etc as well as many pictures, and im gonna get some thank yous up here too, thanks again guys for all the support and knowledge, i got 3rd in the first contest that day, and 4th in a larger contest that day as well....later guys
    good job bro, well tell us what u did..ur mistakes and everything..maybe someone can pinpoint something that went wrong or what u did right..etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information