Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Random is offline RETIRED VET

Captain Dominate's Contest Log Prop/NNP/Var

Ok guys here we go again..Its day 3 of my contest prep and so far things are goin great! I started this diet 8 weeks out and Im more motivated than ever to get in the best shape of my life...traditionally this isnt the best way to start a contest prep but ive been off from all training for 12 days prior for a wedding and honeymoon--but i wouldnt trade it for anything...I kept all of my gains from my Anavar cycle about a month ago and even though i was off from training i still maintained my weight and didnt lose any size...This is my 3rd real cycle as one had to be cut short after 3.5 wks. I started this contest prep at ~180lbs and about 8.5% Bodyfat. Before i started i did 8 sessions of cardio and was able to lose a little fat and some water before i started. I can lose weight like theres no tomorrow! so this time im going to try and monitor my cardio. Right now im doin cardio every other day to start. My contest cycle consists of Test Prop 700mg per wk, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate 400mg per wk, and i will finish the prep with Anavar at 60-80mg per day. i am taking a multi vitamin, niacin, cholesterol support formula,ephedra caffeine formula, creatine, whey protein blend,saw palmetto, dutasteride ED, vitamin C and E, Liver Detox Formula, Letro at .25-.5mg ED, B6 and 150mg per day and branch chain aminos. I do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I will post my diet later along with my lifts for each day. I started out pretty weak after being off for 12 days but i am Very confident that i will still be able to put on muscle during this diet even though my carbs are much lower. For the most part i will record the first 2 exercises during my lifts since those are my power exercises in which im strongest. Take care guys and ill post pics from Day1 along with my diet and routine.

Heres my diet plan for the first part of the diet

Meal 1 1/4 cup of brown rice or grits and protein shake

Meal 2 Egg whites or shake

Meal 3 Grits and 1 scoop of protein

Meal 4 Post workout shake

Meal 5 Steak and brown rice

Meal 6 Protein shake or egg whites with 1/4 cup of brown rice

Meal 7 Casein shake

Heres Day 1 Chest---(12 days off before) incline press--185lbx8, 175x8dropset with 155lb
    dumbells rest pause reps 60lb x 10 reps 2 sets
    flys incline and flat 30lbx10reps
    pec dec

Day2 Back--T-bar rows using 25lb plates 195x12 reps
    170x12 reps , 170x 12 reps 1.5 minute rests
    pull ups 3x12 1 minute rests
    close grip pulldowns 135lbsx10 reps 3 sets
    machine rows 150lbx 10 reps superset with machine pullovers

Heres todays workout...im still pretty weak from the time off...just waiting for everything to kick in..the ephedra is keeping my energy way up tho...

Day3 Shoulders and tris--military press 135x10 reps 2 sets 145lbx 7 reps
    laterals 3 sets 25lb x 10 reps and 30lbx10reps
    cable laterals 2x12 reps

Tris , rope pushdowns 140lbx12 reps 1 minute rests
    1 arm overheads 25lbx 10reps
    bench dips 70lb plate x 15/20 reps

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    good luck bro but aren't yo going a little overboard with the shakes? You should be taking in more whole protien and utilize the shakes for faster absorbtion i.e pwo

Also where are the fats in the diet? Maybe you have experimented and this is what works for you but I was just curious

Thanks man....oh yea i forgot to include the fats..yea im taking in enough and i include at least 28g of fat from o m e g a 3, 6, and 9....for the most part i have 4 solid meals and 3 shakes...for some reason i maintain more mass when i have plenty of shakes...but as the diet progresses i have more whole food from the hunger...

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    looking good captain

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Agreed, drop the shakes except PWO. What weight class? First comp?
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    agreed on the shakes! I love to eat whole food so i only drink 2 shakes a day. 1 in the moring and 1 PWO. i'll be following this thread! good luck bro. P.s. you look like a tree stump! SOLID!

personally i think the shakes are fine bro... i try to get whole food as much as possible precontest, but you are fine with the shakes, in my experience it does not make as much of a difference(at least for me) especially when you are eating 7-8 meals a day...even if you do have shakes, aminos should always be in your system with that many meals...you are good imo bro...train hard

LOL Thanks Alex!....yea im gonna try and eat more whole food..after all i do love eating as most bodybuilders do!...This will be my third competition, i will make middleweight class....not really sure what im gonna come in at since this is my first show using anabolics...but im PUMPED!....after the training break i took today off and i hit biceps tomorrow and legs on saturday...today i just feel ruined! im so sore all over! but thats part of the game....
    Last edited by Random; 05-25-2006 at 07:57 PM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    Heres my diet plan for the first part of the diet

Meal 1 1/4 cup of brown rice or grits and protein shake

Meal 2 Egg whites or shake

Meal 3 Grits and 1 scoop of protein

Meal 4 Post workout shake

Meal 5 Steak and brown rice

Meal 6 Protein shake or egg whites with 1/4 cup of brown rice

Meal 7 Casein shake

I think the shakes in meals 1 2 3 4 6 can be avoided. I like the the pro/carb.. minimal fat concept for contest dieting.. and dieting period

are you macros calculated on your LBM or perceived contest weight?

Nark

Its day 3 of my contest prep
    My contest cycle consists of Test Prop 700mg per wk, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate 400mg per wk, and i will finish the prep with Anavar at 60-80mg per day.
    Start the masteron asap as suggested..

I do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
    Allow an 8-hour window at least between the time you do cardio and the time you lift... so that the cardio doesn't affect your strength

I will post my diet later along with my lifts for each day. I started out pretty weak after being off for 12 days but i am Very confident that i will still be able to put on muscle during this diet even though my carbs are much lower. For the most part i will record the first 2 exercises during my lifts since those are my power exercises in which im strongest. Take care guys and ill post pics from Day1 along with my diet and routine.
    Record all your lifts man.. when you reflect on it during latter preps it'll go a long way

Good luck.. hit me up anytime

Nark

Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC

Also where are the fats in the diet? Maybe you have experimented and this is what works for you but I was just curious
    Looks like enough imo.

People overdo the added fats component.

The most i'd suggest is a couple grams of EFAs with the casein pre-bed shake.

But it isn't a necessity imo.. not if he's taking protein.

He's sure to get a couple grams per meal s a byproduct of protein foods ingestion.. even if it's 'lean' protein.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Agreed, drop the shakes except PWO. What weight class? First comp?
    I'd say drop the shakes.. including pwo. Whole food has higher thermic action.. which is very important while cutting.

Keep the casein shake

Nark

I like the the pro/carb.. minimal fat concept for contest dieting.. and dieting period
    Yea im gonna do this method....i will record all lifts as well too!.....

[QUOTE][Originally Posted by FranKieC

Also where are the fats in the diet? Maybe you have experimented and this is what works for you but I was just curious/QUOTE]

Currently i am getting fats from 1/2 slice of low fat cheese per day, 28 total grams of fat from O m e g a fatty acids, and 1 tablespoon of light vegetable spread, along with the natural fat in 1 steak....(i will record my exact total fat one of these days...)

Also...today is my first carb day....im trying some new things this contest...is veggie pasta acceptable? i dont think its that high in GI index....

Thanks again Nark for all the help and suggestions....

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Stil with ya bro... Good luck

Thanks FrankieC!!

Just got back from Bicep day and it was pretty good! I can feel the prop kicking in...not much strength yet but the vascularity was crazy and my skin is starting to feel really tight! I am down a couple pounds and starting to fill in again, should look better in a couple days when i take pics (today is carb day) I am about 178 right now....heres what i did today

Day 4 Biceps

barbell curls--95lbx 12 reps
    115x10 reps
    105x10reps
    95x12 reps

incline curls with 1 minute rests--35lbs x 10 reps 2 sets
    preacher curls 65lbx15reps
    75lbx10 reps
    65lbx10reps
    alternate dumbell curls 35lb x 10 reps 2 sets
    machine preachers 2 sets 70lbx 10reps
    1 arm cable curls 2 sets with 25lbx20 reps

Dang man yo've got a nice shape.

Wait.. what was the question again?

Hey Thanks again Nark!

Heres yesterdays workout...i know the prop is kickin in cuz theres no way i should be able to do this after 3 wks off...

legs----front squats 135x12 reps 175x10 reps 205x 8 reps
    squats--155lbx10 reps 185x10reps
    leg press 2 sets 400lbs12 reps 1 minute rests
    close stance leg press 2sets 400lbx12 reps

stiff leg deadlifts 115lbx12 reps, 165lbx12 reps, 115lbx20reps

calves standing superset with seated calf raises

looking sick bro...you have great ams too bro

Hey Thanks Mwolffey!...gonna hit chest later strength should be up...ill post the workout after...

listen man, you have excellent shape and from what I can see you look to have great genetics. You look awesome as it is, but if you drop all those damn shakes and replace w/ chicken breasts you will be chizzled out of stone bro!! Just do one shake PWO

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Agreed, you rely on supplementing too much. When I changed this in my diet, my physique started taking new shape.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    listen man, you have excellent shape and from what I can see you look to have great genetics. You look awesome as it is, but if you drop all those damn shakes and replace w/ chicken breasts you will be chizzled out of stone bro!! Just do one shake PWO

this has been discussed before in another thread....but if it works fo him then hey...it works good for me too, its a personal thing imo....and i do agree whole food is best, but in my experience the shakes arent gonna hurt him that much....however it might be good to drop any lactose shakes and switch to soy the last few weeks in order to avoid milk sugar

Stayinstacked
    Agreed, you rely on supplementing too much. When I changed this in my diet, my physique started taking new shape.
    hey man i guess the only real reason ive included some shakes during contest prep simply was to control my cholesterol better...by avoiding alot of meat, ive never checked my cholesterol after a contest so i have no gauge to read as to whether my cholesterol rose or dropped during the diet...what do you guys think? I want to be in this for the long run so cholesterol does play some factor to me...and guys seriously thanks for the help and support!

Heres the chest workout from wk 2....i definitely had more endurance but man i felt weak, then again there are several factors...i did wake up 3 hours earlier than i usually do to get cardio in, lift, then personal train, and i was only able to get 20g of carbs before this lift...also since week 2 started i have dropped my carbs from 180g per day to 150-160g......

Wk 2--chest barbell incline--185lbx 8 reps, 175lbsx 10 reps, 155lbx10 reps (increased endurance and pump)
    incline dumbell-- rest pause 60lb 2 sets of 10 reps
    flat flys 30lbx 10 superset with cable cross overs

this is the first time ive used any anabolics during contest prep...i know its only day 10 but man i felt pretty weak today, and im running more test than i ever have before...but hey i guess thats part of the diet...i think itll be better next wk.....ive never had trouble maintaining muscle while dieting so i figured at the least id be able to possibly put on some muscle during this prep...time will tell....

Also Guys...whats the science behind looking harder and better overall while on whole food? Is it simply the body absorbs it better than whey?

Mwolffey
    however it might be good to drop any lactose shakes and switch to soy the last few weeks in order to avoid milk sugar
    Yea good call on that man...ive always dropped lactose shakes 2-3 wks out and just used products like Isopure and Nectar which have zero carbs, sugar, and lactose....

Bump please on the questions above...also Mods should this thread be moved to "Competitive Bodybuilding"?....

Ok Guys, i changed up my diet the past couple days...(still waiting to hear some input on the questions above too)

also Mods could you move this thread to "Competitive Bodybuilding" please..i figure ill get more discussion and ideas there...

Heres my diet plan

Meal 1 after cardio---grits BCAA

Meal 2 Brn rice/shake --post workout

Meal 3 Chicken

Meal 4 Beef with Zuchinni, and some carrots

Meal 5 Steak and long grain rice

Meal 6 Chicken plus flax oil

Meal 7 Chicken and steak with rice

Meal 8 Protein shake with flax oil

Here are 2 workouts from later this wk also...arms day was great...im starting to get much harder in appearance...and also have more endurance...

Shoulders --military 95lbx8 reps/135lbx10reps/155lbx7 reps
    side laterals 20lbx12 reps/25lbx10reps/30lbx10reps
    cable side laterals 25lbx12 reps 2 sets in front and in back of torso
    front raises 25lb 2 setsx 12 reps

Arms--barbell curls superset with rope pushdowns 3 sets curls 95x12 reps ---rope pushdowns 150lbx12 reps
    105x10 reps
    105xl10 reps
    preacher curls superset with 1 arm overhead extensions 3 sets 75lbx10-12 reps ----25-30lbx12 reps
    dumbell curls superset with reverse pushdowns-----3 sets 40lbx 8-10 reps----140lbx 12 reps
    2 arm cable curls superset with 1 arm reverse pushdowns-----3 sets 45lbx12 reps----40lbx 12reps

timtim is offline Member
    your posing needs work. do you have someone at your gym you can work with? your hiding alot of muscle in a few and bringing out your weaknesses in some others. if you get that down and continue to lean out as you are you'll do real good. at least you'll present real well, cant tell how you'll be judged though.

Timtim...please be more specific....ive been told my many that my posing Routines are great...but that doesnt mean my mandatory shots are up to par...like you said...ive tried to taylor them through the years to present myself best...but please if you have any ideas please share....

timtim is offline Member
    its hard to type about because i cant look at the pics but i'll throw out a few suggestions. you look great but it seems your arms are far ahead of your torso and thighs to calves it's the same.

side tri: your arm is huge but your hiding your obliques and shoulder. pulling the arm back alittle more and slightly turning your torso forward. rolls the shoulder more creating more seperation and allows the stomach and brachialis to pop more.

back lat spread: way too rounded

front double bi: legs are seperated, pull them together. your back isnt pushed out as far as it can go because your arms are up too high and forward. pulling the elbow back and down more will create more lat space.

most muscular: arms are too far forward, bent over alittle too much, and not giving the traps a full height contraction.

you look great for where you are timing wise. i think the bigger issue might be the fact that your arms are huge against your torso and your thighs are so much bigger than your calves. fine tuning these imbalances over the next few years will be fun and allow you to really focus on specific areas of the muscles, where there are weak spots. awesome work and good luck with the competition. i think you'll do really well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information