Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Random is offline RETIRED VET
    I wanted to send some special Thank yous to a couple people on the board who helped my during this years contest prep, and along with everyone who kept my focused and gave some great compliments to keep me strong on this diet....Speical thanks goes out to Narkissos, who i bombarded with questions! he helped my revise my dieting strategies as well as advice in general, thanks alot man, it definitely helped! Stayinstacked, thanks alot man! Doctorherb, thanks man, my color looked pretty good on show day!! Mwolfey,Vitor, thanks for all the help man! Bajanbastard, thanks man for the knowledge! Ment1, thanks alot man for helping out with everything and keeping me focused, Webb, dude thanks for the help man!, MikeXXL,Carlos, IBD,Getnjakked, thanks alot for the help and support! Im sure theres some people im forgetting, but seriously thanks everyone for all the support, the whole food worked out much better this time too, i got plenty of stuff to comment on as well as pics from depleting, carbing up, and the show...stay tuned...

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Good Job brother..Just build off of what you have and you will be golden!

Ok, lets see, where to start...first of all, this was my first time using chemical to prepare for a show, along with diuretics, with that in mind id like to stress the importance of unwated side effects from diuretics like the one that i experienced from wed through saturday...and that was ungodly, un-natural gas like none other, every 5 minutes all day every day! I will never touch aldactone again! Since aldactone depletes sodium so much the lack of it in my system made my stomach feel bad 2-3 minutes after Every single meal, followed by gas that could NOT be controlled by any amount of GasX, Maalox, or anything else, and to add sodium too my diet to try and compensate for the loss was too risky at this point in the final phase...

Depletions

Chloride; Sodium

Because of the wide availability of sodium in dietary sources, deficiency is very uncommon. In the rare instances where it does occur, depleted levels have been associated with GAS, nausea and vomiting, headache, memory impairment, diminished attention, muscle weakness, heart palpitations, lethargy, and confusion. Extreme cases can cause stupor, seizures, and possibly coma. The development of symptoms depends in large part on the rate of the loss of sodium.

Hey Thanks alot Frankie! Im hitting the gym hard tomorrow!

Hmm 2nd, well its debatable as to whether or not id consider this a mistake or not but i did cut my water completely on Thursday night which is what Webb suggested, however i know that is why i came in so dry and much better than i ever thought i could come in at...

however it was so hot and humid the whole week here that i should have started carbing up on monday, thats how flat and depleted i was by show time! i lost 16-17 pounds in the last 40 hours prior to competition! Crazy! I had to try and compensate for the loss by eating about 1000g of carbs on friday night, which was awful by the way...more on that later too, i will post my exact carb-up for the 3 days too..

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    Hey Thanks alot Frankie! Im hitting the gym hard tomorrow!
    Welcome Bro.. You did a great job! now you know what needs to be done. You have a great physique you should be proud.

Thanks alot man! Yea i only dieted for 8 wks for this show because of a time frame this year, however i know that if i had 12 wks i would have won the show....next year ill come back bigger, better, and smarter with more experience!

Thanks alot man! Yea i only dieted for 8 wks for this show because of a time frame this year, however i know that if i had 12 wks i would have won the show....next year ill come back bigger, better, and smarter with more experience!
    That's what it's all about.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    good job bro...for 8 weeks, not bad at all....you WILL take home 1st your next comp bro...its all a learning experience, im definatly still learning and so are you...its all up to improving over your last show and you definatly will bro.good luck my man
    -Mike

Thanks again Mwolffey! Yea man im training for first this time, i cant wait, i got a year to prepare...and im hungry.

OK guys im gonna start posting the play-by-play on the carb up for the week...

well first off, i started using Aldactone on monday 25mg
    Tuesday i used 50mg
    Wed 75mg
    Thur 75mg
    Friday100mg
    Sat 100mg

The thing here was that it was so dam hot and humid that i was already a little dehydrated when it began, along with that, since i had no experience with aldactone or any diuretic for that matter i didnt know how it would affect my carb up either. Realistically with the conditions present, i should have started carbing up on monday. Not sure which scale was true that day but judging by my scale only, from wed night to saturday morning, i dropped between 15-17lb no joke!!!!!! Thats how depleted i was and dehydrated from sweating all day in this heat and humidity. And to top it all off, our air conditioning unit broke on saturday the day of the show, and had been turning on and off previously a couple days before....

Heres how i carbed up on wednesday

Meal 1 grits, veggie pasta

Meal 2 Steak

Meal 3 Steak and rice

Meal 4 Veggie pasta

Meal 5 beef with zucchinni

Meal 6 rice

Meal 7 Steak with zucchinni

Meal 8 steak with rice

total carbs were 306g

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Could you outline real quick your finally 10 days before the show....carb deplete/load , sodium and water etc etc....
    I am thinking of doing my first show in the near future and want some different point of views.
    thanks.

Now heres what possibly could be a mistake, even though i woke up thursday pretty full and very vascular (from the increased water intake)

i increased my water to 1.5 gallons on monday

tues-2 gal of water
    wed 3 gal of water
    thur 1.2 gal of water

some people said i was drinking too much water but the thing is, in the heat and humidity if i didnt, i think i would have been very dehydrated and not been able to properly finish the carb load....at the end of the day, i eneded up cutting my water on thursday night at 8pm.....

some say this is too early, and yes it Certainly did affect my carb up however i know that i came in my best condition and fairly dry because i cut it so early, the downside was that i was pretty flat, although i didnt experience any cramping at all.

Heres where distaster struck, on Thursday...

I ate the same stuff however by night-time i was still flat as hell and i had to compensate by eating over 1000grams of carbs to try and fill out, which only worked moderately...

I ate the same plan as wednesday except for: i added an extra 400 grams of carbs in the form of rice (long grain and brown) and i started the fat load early nearing the end of the night since i was so behind....i had 3 donuts from Krispy Kreme, which i will NEVER do again! I was fine for about 30-40 minutes then it hit me! Extreme bloating and gut rot...i felt awful, just awful...i tried to sleep it off and it didnt work, the night before i ended up getting maybe an hour of sleep, and i was desperate to be full in the morning, so at 3am i got up and decided to try and eat some cleaner carbs in the form of flavored oatmeal. I had one which tasted amazing (banana nut) then i figured since its not that high in sugar i could have 2-3 more and i was oh so wrong! It was worse than the donuts! i felt the worst ever! Somehow by the grace of God, my stomach went down and i was able to wake up fairly sharp, however the downside to that was that i could not eat anything without gagging, so i took a gamble that worked good enough, i had 6 tablespoons of Glycerol with some flavored water and that was all i had before prejudging, Nothing else, i simply couldnt stomach anything else....be back later, to update this guys....

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    How about carb deplete and load what days and how many grams?
    I see that you did a "shit" load right before the show.....do you think you would have been better off going with all clean carbs for the load?

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Heres where distaster struck, on Thursday...

I ate the same stuff however by night-time i was still flat as hell and i had to compensate by eating over 1000grams of carbs to try and fill out, which only worked moderately...

I ate the same plan as wednesday except for: i added an extra 400 grams of carbs in the form of rice (long grain and brown) and i started the fat load early nearing the end of the night since i was so behind....i had 3 donuts from Krispy Kreme, which i will NEVER do again! I was fine for about 30-40 minutes then it hit me! Extreme bloating and gut rot...i felt awful, just awful...i tried to sleep it off and it didnt work, the night before i ended up getting maybe an hour of sleep, and i was desperate to be full in the morning, so at 3am i got up and decided to try and eat some cleaner carbs in the form of flavored oatmeal. I had one which tasted amazing (banana nut) then i figured since its not that high in sugar i could have 2-3 more and i was oh so wrong! It was worse than the donuts! i felt the worst ever! Somehow by the grace of God, my stomach went down and i was able to wake up fairly sharp, however the downside to that was that i could not eat anything without gagging, so i took a gamble that worked good enough, i had 6 tablespoons of Glycerol with some flavored water and that was all i had before prejudging, Nothing else, i simply couldnt stomach anything else....be back later, to update this guys....

you feeling like crap was definatly from the Aldactone...i get the same way bro, from now on i use dyazide...its the only thing that does not f with my ass. I wont touch lasix for this reason as well...too dangerous imo. But for some reason with dyazide i can $hit load with no prob..its all a learning experience capt...

How about carb deplete and load what days and how many grams?
    I see that you did a "shit" load right before the show.....do you think you would have been better off going with all clean carbs for the load?
    I didnt really deplete that much, i stayed at my base carbs which were 140-150grams per day, and no i will Never do a shitload again, my body has changed on me and wont allow it! I have barely eaten any junk food since ive been done from the comp...too scared, im easing into my diet again, training was pretty good today though...had some chicken fried rice today, yesterday i had some teddy grahams which were dam good! and tomorrow im getting some cheesecake, other than that, ive stayed with my same meal plan consisting of pasta, rice, and some chicken.....

you feeling like crap was definatly from the Aldactone...i get the same way bro, from now on i use dyazide...its the only thing that does not f with my ass. I wont touch lasix for this reason as well...too dangerous imo. But for some reason with dyazide i can $hit load with no prob..its all a learning experience capt...
    Yea Bro, ill never touch aldactone again, with the sodium deficiency and no experience, even after i Cut my water i wasnt sure if i could add a significant amount of sodium to stop the issues...can anyone answer this? Are you supposed to add sodium to keep your system normal and help with the carb load?

OK guys, to conclude the Carb up Phase, the day of the show (as bad as it sounds) the only thing i had the WHOLE day was 1/4 chicken breast, after prejuding! After the episodes from the night before i couldnt stomach anything or even think about putting anything in my mouth without the aid of water to get it down....i had 2 jolly ranchers just to keep my mouth from drying out....some how though, i was still able to get an okay pump from the Niacin, overall i was very flat, but i was conditioned, and my legs came in sharper for the night show too...ill get pics up soon gentlemen....

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea Bro, ill never touch aldactone again, with the sodium deficiency and no experience, even after i Cut my water i wasnt sure if i could add a significant amount of sodium to stop the issues...can anyone answer this? Are you supposed to add sodium to keep your system normal and help with the carb load?
    YES! IN order for those carbs to be transported to the muscle they need two things (A) Water (there is a fine line for how much) (B) sodium without sodium you will be flat as a pancake. In essence, a shitload is: sodium, fat, & shitty carbs (mixture of sugary and starchy ones)

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    looking good man, i cant belive you didnt win. do you have the line up pix>????

Thanks Alex! the line-up pics came out pretty fuzzy, im waiting for prints from the photographer...im not worried tho, im coming back next year stronger.....hitting the gym real hard already, and its goin great! im up about 15 lbs and feeling great too...

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    I love that one pic where the other 2 guys are staring at your quads saying----UH OH...I knew I shoulda done more leg work!!! haha.... bro--you look great...AWESOME JOB. arms-BIG quads-BIG torso-LEAN chest & traps could be swole up more..but goddamit...I would love to look like that!!!! MAD PROPS BRUTHA

GetnJakked....Dude, thanks alot man! youve been Very supportive and its kept me going strong! U ever need any help im a PM away, thanks again man!

its all good bro....I plan on being here for a long time to come so we're in it together.. I havent doen a show personally but my bro(25) & my pops-YES POPS(53yrs old) has done 2 as well. I know what goes into it & you got it down bro...congrats. I love your attitude CAPT..

Thanks again Getnjakked! hopefully youll do a show soon! Its a blast man, really brings out the best in ya! take care man...

Another point guys, next year i will be using dyazide most likely, along with that i kinda wish i woulda kept some var in like my original plan, but using letro plus the var i really felt my cholesterol would have taken a big hit so i opted not to, other than that everything went fairly well, i could have carbed up better but it was a great experience and it made me stronger and with more desire to win next year, ill continue to eat clean from here on out and prepare for next show, if anyone has any contest questions dont hesitate to pm me, thanks guys...ill get some pics from 3-4 days after the show up soon too...

abokeef is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    I love that one pic where the other 2 guys are staring at your quads saying----UH OH...I knew I shoulda done more leg work!!! haha.... bro--you look great...AWESOME JOB. arms-BIG quads-BIG torso-LEAN chest & traps could be swole up more..but goddamit...I would love to look like that!!!! MAD PROPS BRUTHA
    Ditto.. One of them I think the gyno is popping out of his nipples. lol
    you looked awesome. GL for you next show...

Abokeef, Hey thanks man! yea i wish there was another show nearby soon! i cant wait to compete next year!

188 looks good on you bro!! perfect i'd say!!!

Now Thats A Sweet Pic....

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Nice post show picts.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Thanks Carlos! im getting some pictures from the professional photographer within 4 wks, ill scan em and post em too...

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    CD,

Holy shit man..... your weren't lieing

amazing bro... I really like the back double bi on the knees.. FARK!!
    Arms are impressive as always!!!

Just a reminder guys: His prep was a week after his wedding!!!

side note* when is the avy pic from? BACK IS chizeled with detail in that pic man!!
    also where are the natty pics..

and this year you added some damn size man your taking top prize!

His prep was a week after his wedding!!!
    Thats true! thanks for the bump Faiz!!!

man if i had 4 more wks! it would have been over!

Avy is from my 1st show 100% natty, taken almost 4 years ago.... thanks for the support man, ill talk to you soon!

CD

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Bump.....Great pics!!!

Just a reminder guys: His prep was a week after his wedding!!!

How about a new thread bro for your up coming contest....? with off-season pics!

Haha ill get a thread up here soon man...i still got some time..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information