Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Ca$tro is offline Member

Preparing for 1st Show in 24 Months - MY LOG ON DIET/TRAINING

Hey people,
    Firstly i will list my diet stats pics etc below...
    I have always loved to train be it from weight training, rugby, thai boxing, boxing, as well as playing alot of sports...
    I have reached a stage in my life were i am unhappy with my achievemnets throughout life, be it in the gym or personal. So i guess it's time for a change and i know it is going to take some time so here goes to starting the new year by turning a new leaf.
    I am here on my knees (mouth closed) asking for help from those that have experience and where once where i am, at the start of a struggle to make change for the better.
    Right, enough of the sob story, i train in the mornings from 9.00am till 10.30am taking an hour on my weights session and a strict half hour on the treadmill aiming for approx 2.5-3 miles, sometimes followed by a 15 minute bike ride. I tend to train as follows -

Sundays always Legs consisting of Leg curls 4 sets getting heavier each set starting with 15 reps/10 reps/8 reps/8 reps. Then i will go on to do squats 4 sets again similar rep pattern. I will then go onto do Leg Press again same rep pattern, followed by standing calf raises, seated calf raises, lying leg curls. 30 mins cardio.

Monday First i will train abs with hanging leg raises, rope ab crunches, lying leg raises. I aim to train chest, Bench press first 5 sets, followed with incline bench 5 sets, followed by decline bench 5 sets, followed with flys again 5 sets and to finish cable cross overs 5 sets.

Tuesday I train Back sometimes Shoulders. For back i will start with seated behind neck pull down, 5 sets, followed by front pull downs, 5 sets. I will then go on to do 4 sets on dead lift, then i will do a long bar two handed row with the tbar, 5 sets. Then Seated cable rows 5 sets. One arm dumbell row 4 sets.

Wednesday First i will train my abs same routine as above. I will then train my shoulders. Starting with smith machine barbell Military press 4 sets, barbell shrugs 5 sets, Next is front dumbell raise, 4 sets followed by side dumbell raise, 4 sets. to finish i will do barbell rows, 3 sets.

Thursday What i most enjoy Arms. Starting with triceps, close grip bench press, 4 sets. Next on the agenda is skull cruchers, 4 sets. Rope pull downs , 5 sets. sometimes superset with straight bar pull downs. Now time for Biceps. Barbell curls, 5 sets. Preacher curls, 4 sets. Dumbell Curls, 4 sets. Concentration curls, 4 sets.

Friday and Saturday Abs first as above. I will normally train the muscles that have recovered, the above days always change around allowing me to train some muscles more than once but only if they have re-cooperated from the weeks bashing. otherwise i stick to cardio increasing the time to 45 mins. so for example if i train arms on monday i will train them again on friday. if i had trained chest on tuesday i will then train again on saturday providing these muscles fell like they have recovered. Please note that cardio follows each routine.

I know i train well, not sure about the regime, just lost my trainig partner but other gym goers at that time of the morning know me so are all willing to spot and help when required.

Now, i stick to my diet but find it hard to lose weight, i therefore find my weight fluctuating quite alot, ie in Oct 2010 i weighed around 105kg, then losing the fat and some muscle came down to 85kg in March 2011. Now weighing in at around 100kg. As hard as it is to eat chicken and tuna day in day out i don't actually mind it... but i guess, no, i know i need help because i cannot see the changes i want so i know i am doing alot of things wrong...

Now can you help me out i have listed my training and routine as well as my diet and stats. I want to be able to compete before i die, i am now 34 and want to try and compete for a show some time, i know i am along way from it but i need some guidance and a helping hand from anyone willing to give it. I know genetics dictate alot and i know that i can do it so please help me out, i have the motivation to get out of bed and hit the gym and to diet but need more motivation from You... I look upto this guy called Zee Shredded Diesel who is a bodybuilding champ in the uk, has a show on the Active channel. Amazing figure and symmetry. If others can do it then so can I...

MY STATS AND DIET

Marital Status - Married with one 8 month old baby.
    Age - 34
    Weight – 103kg
    Height - 6'0 (182.88cm)
    BF% - 30% (need Callipers to be exact)

Train from 9am - 10.30am (Mon-Sun) (1 hour weights followed by 1/2hr cardio)

Katch McArdle - BMR 1743 TDEE 2701 (Not sure about the figures)
    Lightly active category, LBM (222 x.80 = 177.6lbs) not total weight.

Water 4 Lt Daily

AIM = To be a body builder

Meal 1. 8:00am Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

8 Egg Whites + 2 Whole Eggs 44g/9g/5g/181
    1/2cup (60g) Oats 5g/27g/2.5g/228
    Black Coffee
    Total:49g/36g/7.5g/409kcal

Meal 2. 11.00am PWO Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

Optimum Whey 24g/2g/1g/110
    1 Banana 0g/20g/0g/75
    1/2cup (60g) Oats (Creatine + BCAA) 5g/27g/2.5g/228

Total:29g/49g/3.5g/413kcal

Meal 3. 1:00pm Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

8 oz. Chicken Breast 44g/0g/6g/230
    100g Brown Rice (Cooked) 2g/22g/1g/105
    1cup Broccoli 2g/5g/0g/28

Total:48g/27g/7g/363kcal

Meal 4. 4:00pm Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

8 oz. Chicken Breast 44g/0g/6g/230
    100g Brown Rice (Cooked) 2g/22g/1g/105
    1cup Broccoli 2g/5g/0g/28

Total:48g/27g/7g/363kcal

Meal 5. 7:00pm Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

1 Can Tuna (120g Drained) 30g/0g/1g/129
    1 Cup Broccoli 2g/5g/0g/28

Total:32g/5g/1g/157kcal

Meal 6. 10:00pm Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

1 Can Tuna (120g Drained) 30g/0g/1g/129
    1 Cup Broccoli 2g/5g/0g/28

Total:32g/5g/1g/157kcal

Meal 7. 12:00am Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

8 oz. Salmon 46g/0g/4g/220
    1cup Broccoli, 2g/5g/0g/28

Total:58g/5g/4g/248kcal

Meal 8. 2:00am B4 Bed Pro/Carb/Fat/Cal

Casein Shake 23g/4g/1g/117
    1 Spoon Peanut Butter 5g/3g/8g/100
    With Multi -Vitamins

Total:28g/7g/9g/217kcal

TOTAL FOR DAY = PROTEIN : 324g
    CARB: 161g
    FAT: 40g
    CAL: 2327 kcal
    Supplements : Glutamine / Creatine / BCAA / MultiVits / Vit C /
    Vit B Complex / Zinc / Vit E

May miss meal 7 at times...
    I appreciate all your help and i know i am going to have to take critisism for alot of the above...
    The Professionals all started some where so please help...

Have a laugh at the pics if you wish, but i am dead serious about progression, i will be back one day to say look at me now to those that have a good giggle... still all critisism is appreciated all advice is taken seriously and please help... I think i am going to make this into my log, a log for diet and progression in training...

Links = http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...sc01430fk.jpg/
    Links = http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...sc01433kw.jpg/
    Links = http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/dsc01432b.jpg/

Kind Regards

Ca$tro

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Monday, First day of dieting after two months off diet, weight increased by 14kg in two months off. Up at 6.30 went for a 30 min jog came back and been sticking to the diet. No training today as Gym is closed for bank holiday. Tomorrow will be legs day as described above... Look forwards to some serious input over time you'll see i am serious.

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Tuesday 03 Jan
    Up at 7.30, stuck to the diet, only last night i felt really tired and lathargic so ended up going to bed about nine, which meant i missed my last meal... Must be the diet as i am normally up till 12.
    Trained legs this morning, started with leg extensions with 3 sets of reps between 8-10. Then i did Squats again 3 sets pushing the weight up in each rep last set was 100kg for 8 reps. Next in line was Leg Press, started light on first set with 120kg for 12 reps. Second set 200 kg for 8 reps, third set was 240 kg for 6 reps. Then i went on to calves three exercises each three sets with 10 reps in each set, seated calf raises standing calf raises and lying calf raise on leg press machine. To finish legs i did lying leg curls for 3 sets. I thought as it was my first day back after two months off i would take it easy and not stress my muscles too much with heavy weights or too many sets.
    Next i went to do some abs - three exercises and that did hurt only managed to do 10 reps for three sets on on most of the exercise on light weight for crunches.
    To finish off i did 30 mins jogging on the treadmill managed 2.2 miles in total. Sweating buckets.
    Apologies if my sentence structure aint upto standard...
    Off to cook up my chicken breast.
    Tilll later take care

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Diet going well... Started to get bored of eating tuna, man it tastes like cardboard, leaves a dry mouth, have to wash it down with water...
    Legs are starting to ache but NO PAIN NO GAIN... As they say
    Still have not had any input from any pros but let's wait and see....

Joemace is offline Junior Member
    I'd say you were over training. Remember muscles grow when they are tested so I would do Monday Wednesday Friday high intensity workout give your muscles time to recover mate.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Make sure you get that BF down a bit before you consider the cycle I have just advised you on

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Baseline I am getting the bf down first, aiming to start in about 4 months provided I get around 13%... Won't dare start until I get it down.

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Wed 04th jan
    Legs aching like mad... Trained chest today, started with bench press 4 sets, stuck to a comfortable 60 kg. I then went on to barbell incline, 3 sets that was hard, used to be able to push 60+ kg before for 5 plus sets, struggled today. Next was barbell decline 3 sets light. I then went on to do flys 3 sets again supersets with cable cross overs. To finish off I did half hour cardio, ended up walking most of it as legs were still aching after yesterday.
    Diet is going well, just missing last meal which I aim not to do tonight, missed it because I fell asleep early...

Ca$tro is offline Member
    It's midnight just finished my shake and time knock out... Diet is still going, legs are killing me, chest is aching slightly. Managed to avoid the pizzas and burgers whilst watching football with friends.
    Training hard dieting harder...
    Till tomorrow

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Thu 5th Jan 2012
    Trained Shoulders today, had a good work out, shoulders feeling pumped up. Started off with seated military press on smith machine of which i did 4 sets, then i did light behind neck military press three sets. Next i went on to do upright rows for 3 sets on the smith machine with 8 reps in each set. I then went on to barbell shrugs of which i did 4 sets 60kg/100kg/110kg/60kg. Next on the agenda was front and lateral raises of which i did 3 sets each 8-10 reps. To finish off i did 3 sets of arnold press... Finally 30 mins cardio, no way could i run my legs are aching... Not pushing my self to hard this week as i don't want cause any injury, i know i could have lifted more or done more sets or reps on some exercises but i have only done what i felt comfortable with, in a week i will be pushing out of the comfort zone...
    Diet is ok, just getting boring eating chicken and tuna... Is it ok to use pepper on the Chicken with a dash of ketchup???
    Anyway till later guys...

jp_2011 is offline Junior Member
    I knw wit u mean, It can get borin eatin the same stuff day after day. Get sum lean mince beef or turkey mince, add sum seasonin, make sum burgers n enjoy also i find that sugar free jelly helps keep me sane pre contest, only bout 10 calories per sachet. I suppose a little bit ov ketchup is ok every now n then but its full of sugar so id reccomend a hot sauce or jst plain seasonin, salt n pepper fine. The benefit ov hot sauce is it will raise ur temp abit n increase metabolism. Good luck n keep up the hard work buddy

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Hard work it is but I hope to see some good results from the hard work, thanks for the input, I can't handle hot sauce... I will try find some that ain't too hot... Never tried sugar free jelly I will look out for that... I like the lean mince beef so defo try that at some point. What else do people eat pre contest to get the gains out?
    Diet is going as planned above anyone think I need to change anything?

Ye the sugar free jelly really helped me pre contest last year i like to have a 300g tub of cottage cheese, 2 pineapple rings and some oat cakes or rice cakes. Ive got that as my 3rd meal at the min i really reccomend the home made burgers tho.

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Jp2011, how many competitions have you participated in? Any advice for a novice with regards to diet/training/sups. I flipping hate my multivits made by met rx, They smell bad they taste bad and hard to swallow...

Ive competed 6 times over 2 years, prepping now for my 7th show, but im fairly new to competing compared to some people on here lol. To be honest if ur eatin quality food n ur trainin hard enuf wi adiquate rest u cnt go wrong. Ur diet looks pretty solid n it has been workin so i wudnt change it. Only thing i wud say is b wary ov ovatrainin, u dnt wanna sacrifice muscle 2 try n get bf off quicker. But in relation 2 ur thread, I dnt see any reason why u cudnt compete, set urself goals, stick 2 ur plan n above all believe in urself. Ther r 2 many ppl who love 2 try n drag ova ppl down n thrive on the thought of them failin. Neva let ne1 tell u that u cnt du summat, if u wnt it bad enuf u can achieve it.

As 4 multi vits, i jst buy supermarket own brand, ur jst payin 4 the name wen buyin a supp company multi vit. Take into consideration tho how many n wot kind ov vitamins ur gettin thru whole foods especially if ur eatin fruit aswel as veg, if ur gettin enuf thru foods then no need 4 multi vits as u can actually overdose on 2 much vitamins lol

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Funny that Jp2011, just been to our loacal ASDA supermarket and ended up buying vitamins from there...
    Man a really appreciate the solid advice and encouragement from you, it's good to hear opposed to some who love put others down as they believe there goals are unattainable...
    Man 6 times, you got balls, it cant be easy getting up on stage but i suppose it is a buzz... I am getting plenty of rest, first few days on diet a felt a bit tired through out the whole day and ended up in bed a 9.00pm where as i would normally sleep at 12.00... I am only training 5 days, with cardio on the other two days. I got to start believing that i can achieve it, just been knocked back to many times before, i always get back up and try harder... I am fighting for it this time and i am not going to deviate from this schedule, irrespective what comes up in life, financially or otherwise... I hope you can understand how much i appreciate the encouragement...

Logging in to the Log - Stuck to diet today, trained hard today, and i feel reasonably good for the fourth day on diet and third on training...
    I know i will look back at this log one day and know i did the right thing, feel like captain pickard keeping a log, never done this before so apologies if it is not so coherent.
    Till tomorrow folks, enough respect to jp2011...

Thats wer i get my multi vits from, I get my sugar free jelly from there aswel, little satchets of it lol.
    Ye its very hard but the buzz is incredible wen u hit a pose n the crowd cheers, its mental haha.
    Ye keep at it fella, u dnt need 2 prove anythin 2 any1 but urself, the people who put u down jst hope u will fail, they knw they dnt av the balls 2 attempt wot ur duin. You do 2day wot others wont so u can have 2morrow wot others cant.
    Im happy 2 help any way i can mate.

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Thanks for help jp 2011...
    Today's log Friday 6th jan 2011.
    Got up at 8am, had my egg whites, oats, and changed the coffee for some NoExplode. Trained back today, started light with some seated pull downs behind neck 3 sets, then front 3 sets. I then did 3 sets deadlift, 60/100/140, followed by some seated rows, 3 sets again 10 reps each. I went on to use a machine for back, don't know what it is called, will have to find out. Next was one arm bent over rows with dumbbells 3 sets, had enough by then...
    I did 30 mins on treadmill, incline 10, speed 3.5-4, 1.8 miles distance, 430 calories burnt according to the life fitness treadmill.
    Went home had my shake with creative, bccas, and a banana, left the oats out today. Just had my spicy chicken breast which tasted excellent...
    Next meal chicken breast with some tomatoes...
    Well folks here is till tomorrow... Have a good Friday night..

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Saturday 7th Jan.
    First week of training completed, trained bi and tri today. Started with close grip bench press 4 sets, then skull crushers 3 sets, next was rope pull downs 3 sets, then straight bar pull down 3 sets. Next was bicep curls with the bar of which I did 4 sets, then I proceeded to preacher curls, 3 sets. I then did 3 sets of 21s with a bar. Next was dumbbell curls 4 sets followed by concentration curls...
    To finish I did 30 mins on treadmill, incline 10, speed 4, covered 1.8 miles, burnt 430 cals....
    Tomorrow is abs and cardio.
    Diet is going well, just missed my shake before bed a couple of times, which I know ain't good...
    Keep watchin.. Feeling good...

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Ok its 3am, a bit of a late night been helping my brothers @ there dentist practice out in the middle of a small town, ended up having a cheat meal consisting of chicken and chips with a can of coke. I know i shouln't but i was sooooo hungry and did not anticipate being out there that long... Feeling a bit guilty but otherwise stuck to diet strictly. Going to do some hard core cardio to burn it off tommorrow...

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Sunday 08/01/12
    Got up at 9.00, hit the gym at 10.30, just did 40 mins cardio, 3.5 speed, incline 15, burnt 430 cals, 1.5 miles cleared...
    Still sticking strictly to diet... So all good I think.... Any opions? Remarks?

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Sunday 08/01/12
    Got up at 9.00, hit the gym at 10.30, just did 40 mins cardio, 3.5 speed, incline 15, burnt 430 cals, 1.5 miles cleared...
    Still sticking strictly to diet... So all good I think.... Any opions? Remarks?

Ca$tro is offline Member
    It's 10pm, Just weighed in at 101.0kg, lost 2 kg this week man... Positive result... Thanks to those for advice and motivation people.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Keep it up man! Once you compete you will be hooked. I started my diet yesterday at 13 weeks out so I feel your pain lol! Are you doing your cardio right after you train? Might want to try and separate those if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed
    Are you doing your cardio right after you train? Might want to try and separate those if you can.
    I will second that, best off doing ur cardio in the morning b4 ur first meal, and then if u wanted to add a 2nd cardio session do it right b4 ur last meal. Keep it up tho matey, its all worth it in the end. Dont feel so bad bout the cheat meal either, hany rambod actually advises that u have a cheat meal once a week, the extra carbs, fats n sodium kick ur metabolism up a gear n keep it high, long term low calories will slow it right down 2 a snails pace lol, jst dont over do it, i did once n it didnt change how i looked, in fact i probs looked better, but mentally i felt shit 4 lettin myself get carried away haha

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Monday 09/01/12
    Thanks for the input guys, just hard for me to get to the gym later, and that's as early as it opens, not much other choice in my town, gym ain't brilliant but has the basic tools you need... Your right I do my weights session followed by cardio immediately. I am starting boxinG again in about a months time, but again that will be in the eveining...

Today's log
    Trained legs,
    Leg extensions 3 sets gradually increased weight.
    Squats 4 sets 60/100/140 for three reps/100 for 6 reps. That's kilograms.
    Leg press 4 sets started with 120 kilo 10 reps/ 200 kilo 8 reps / 280 kilo 6 reps / 120 kilo 10 reps.
    Seated calf raises 3 sets
    Standing calf raises 4 sets
    Lying leg curls 4 sets hamstring curls.
    Abs - crunches.
    30 min cardio incline 15, speed 3.5, covered 1.6 miles, burnt 426 cals. Going start running next week, just find it hard to run after training legs...
    Diet going strictly to plan...
    Watch this space...

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$tro View Post
    Monday 09/01/12
    Thanks for the input guys, just hard for me to get to the gym later, and that's as early as it opens, not much other choice in my town, gym ain't brilliant but has the basic tools you need... Your right I do my weights session followed by cardio immediately. I am starting boxinG again in about a months time, but again that will be in the eveining...

Today's log
    Trained legs,
    Leg extensions 3 sets gradually increased weight.
    Squats 4 sets 60/100/140 for three reps/100 for 6 reps. That's kilograms.
    Leg press 4 sets started with 120 kilo 10 reps/ 200 kilo 8 reps / 280 kilo 6 reps / 120 kilo 10 reps.
    Seated calf raises 3 sets
    Standing calf raises 4 sets
    Lying leg curls 4 sets hamstring curls.
    Abs - crunches.
    30 min cardio incline 15, speed 3.5, covered 1.6 miles, burnt 426 cals. Going start running next week, just find it hard to run after training legs...
    Diet going strictly to plan...
    Watch this space...
    In that case I would think about having a whey shake in between your workout and cardio. Keep up the good work man!

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed

In that case I would think about having a whey shake in between your workout and cardio. Keep up the good work man!
    Im not dissin ur advice, ive seen alot of ur posts on ere n ur obviously quite knowledgable but ill av 2 dissagree wi u on this. The reason bein is that drinkin a shake between weights n cardio can albeit the fat burnin effects of cardio, diminish the benefits of the shake feedin ur muscles n diminish the recovery as the shake may b used 2 fuel the cardio as opposed 2 fuelin recovery.

Assuming u av eaten properly before n the combined weights n cardio session duration is not prolonged, savein ur shake till after u av finished cardio aswel wil benefit u most in my opinion. Ideally as said above mornin cardio before breakfast is best, even jst a brisk 30 min walk is enuf 2 burn fat. But if u prefer duin cardio after u av trained, make sure ur pre workout meal is a good solid 1, keep the weights n cardio combined time within 1 n half hours, av ur shake after cardio n eat a gud solid meal within the hour.

That wud b my advice matey

Ca$tro is offline Member
    First of too much respect too those giving me input and advice, jp2011, Joemace, gbrice, twist, alexisthrowed, and everyone else...
    Is my pre wo meal ok? I normally get home after a hour and half in the gym and have my shake with a banana, followed by a shower then I get my meals ready for the day...
    I have tried having a shake straight after working out before but I find I get badly bloated and lazy then miss cardio or have a crap session on the treadmill... I totally understand that you need to replenish protein levels after a work out and that there is a 30 min window for that... I think... But I could not do the cardio combined then and as advised cardio would have to be a separate session which is not feasible as I won't have time later... So I have to cram it in a one and half hour session in the morning... I was thinking of starting boxing again but even that is impossible with priorities in work and family... Man I wish you could just train all day and get paid...

Today's log - Tuesday 10/1/12
    Trained chest, ended up at gym a little late, feeling a bit tired today... Got freshened up hit gym at ten, trained as follows...
    Bench press - 4 sets, 60 kilo ten reps, 80 kilo 8 reps, 80 kilo 6 reps, 60 kilo ten reps.
    Incline bench press - 4 sets, 60 kilo 8 reps, 60 kilo 8 reps, 50 kilo ten reps, just the bar 15 reps...
    Decline bench press - 4 sets, 60 kilo ten reps, 60 kilo ten reps, 60 kilo eight reps, 40 kilo ten reps....
    Flys 3 sets - 10 kilo dumbbells ten reps, 15 kilo dumbbells 8 reps, 15 kilo dumbbells 8 reps....
    Cable cross overs 4 sets gradually increasing weight...
    Abs - crunches...
    30 min cardio, speed 3.5, covered 1.6 miles, cals burnt 360...
    Still sticking to diet...
    Feel good....

Ye i think ur meal 1 is gud enuf, meal 2 is ok but ideally u cud du wi ur proetin cummin from food rather than mor whey. Maybe switch meals 2 n 3 around? I understand wot u mean, i work shifts n have 2 train in the mornin every other week, plus i av a 1 year old daughter n a giddy dog 2 tend 2 aswel as tym 4 my missus lol. I wud say train weights followed by cardio, av ur shake within 30 min after u finish cardio, then 30-45 min after ur shake eat meal 2. Like i said wi my shifts i work, thats how i du it every other week wen i train in mornin, except i du cardio b4 meal 1 as opposed 2 after weights but the principles of meals r the same i suppose lol.

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Jp, brilliant pic of you...
    Tell me about it man, I got to train in the morning, work till late, fit in spending time with my little 9 month old daughter, then comes the wife's list of jobs, on top of that I get stress from my mum whom also lives with me... Missions, but I love em, to me and most others family is at the centre of what I do... Had to quit a brilliant job and god pay to look after my I'll mother, put me back years behind my mates, but life's a struggle, it's not how hard you fall but how you get back on your feet...
    Normally out of the gym get home have my shake then once I get ready I make my meal and consume it approx 1 hr after shake?!?
    I have to invest in a treadmill then I can do cardio at home before I hit gym on an empty stomach have mealmone then proceed to the gym...

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Jp, brilliant pic of you...
    Tell me about it man, I got to train in the morning, work till late, fit in spending time with my little 9 month old daughter, then comes the wife's list of jobs, on top of that I get stress from my mum whom also lives with me... Missions, but I love em, to me and most others family is at the centre of what I do... Had to quit a brilliant job and god pay to look after my I'll mother, put me back years behind my mates, but life's a struggle, it's not how hard you fall but how you get back on your feet...
    Normally out of the gym get home have my shake then once I get ready I make my meal and consume it approx 1 hr after shake?!?
    I have to invest in a treadmill then I can do cardio at home before I hit gym on an empty stomach have mealmone then proceed to the gym...

Quote Originally Posted by jp_2011 View Post
    Im not dissin ur advice, ive seen alot of ur posts on ere n ur obviously quite knowledgable but ill av 2 dissagree wi u on this. The reason bein is that drinkin a shake between weights n cardio can albeit the fat burnin effects of cardio, diminish the benefits of the shake feedin ur muscles n diminish the recovery as the shake may b used 2 fuel the cardio as opposed 2 fuelin recovery.

Assuming u av eaten properly before n the combined weights n cardio session duration is not prolonged, savein ur shake till after u av finished cardio aswel wil benefit u most in my opinion. Ideally as said above mornin cardio before breakfast is best, even jst a brisk 30 min walk is enuf 2 burn fat. But if u prefer duin cardio after u av trained, make sure ur pre workout meal is a good solid 1, keep the weights n cardio combined time within 1 n half hours, av ur shake after cardio n eat a gud solid meal within the hour.

That wud b my advice matey
    Don't worry about offending me man. It's best to keep an open mind in this sport, and I'm always happy to hear other peoples views. I have never thought about this the way you put it but it makes sense. Never been in this situation as I always separate cardio from training.

Ye its always nice 2 hear other opinions, n its always gud 2 keep an open mind.

Cheers castro, the pics from that show are my fave from 2011, i competed the day b4 aswel so i was really thirsty wen i cum off stage haha, i dropped my water at 6pm on the friday, took sum diuretics, sat mornin went 2 sauna 2 sweat sum water out, competed sat nyt n was only aloud 1 litre of water between cummin off stage sat n goin 2 bed, then competed sunday nyt haha.

Ye its hard 2 cram it all in, bodybuildin is deffo not a hobby, its a lifestyle. But if ur family n friends r behind u it makes things so much easier.

Just keep pluggin away, u shud b proud ov urself. Ur showin that if u put ur mind to it u can achieve nethin, av a plan, stick 2 it n everythin else will fall into place. N wen u du first compete jst enjoy it, it dnt matter if u cum 1st or last coz ur already a winner by beatin all the people who cudnt b arsed puttin themselves thru hell 2 step on stage, n tjat alone is a massive achievement 4 nebody!!

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Jp Man you do give some sound solid advice, and its nice to hear a striaght forwards talking, thinking person...
    I aint giving up at all, it is becoming a way of life, even the mrs has started to prep my meals...
    So thats a recent pic, man you look good... well done... what are diuretics??? i assume something to make you more vascular???

Todays Log - 11/01/2012
    Had all my meals apart from my shake at bed time, ihave missed this on a couple of occasions, due to feeling bloated or simply just forgetting which i need to change...
    Trained Shoulders-
    Smith Machine - Milatary Press 4 sets started on 60 kg and that felt heavyyyy, so pushed for 8 reps then went lighter, didn't feel strong today but man my shoulders were pummed... next set 50kg, 8 reps, next set 40 kg 8 reps and finnally 40 kg 6 reps...
    Smith Machine - Military Press behind neck 3 sets, 6 reps, 30 kilos... Man it felt too heavy...
    Upright rows on smith machine - 3 sets, started with bar and 10 kg each side, 10 reps. then lowered weight because my wrist was twingeing a little so thought i would take it easy, put 5kg each side and next two sets 8 reps..
    Barbell Shrugs Free Weight - 4 sets, 60kilo - 10 reps/ 100 kilo - 8 reps/ 120 kilo - 4 reps/ 60 kilo - 12 reps.
    Side Raises - 4 sets with dumbells. Started 10kg each hand 10 reps, 15 kg each hand 10 reps, 15 kg each hand 10 reps, 10 kg each hand 10 reps..
    Front raises - 4 sets with dumbbells - 10 kg each hand 10 reps, 15 kg each hand 8 reps, 15 kg each hand 8 reps, 10 kg each hand 10 reps..
    Sat on seat - with 7.5kg dumbbell weights in each hand i did 3 sets of arnold press 6 reps/ dumbell military press 6 reps/ side raises 6 reps/ front raises 4 reps...
    Cardio - 30 mins, incline 10, speed 3.5, covered 1.7 miles, burnt 415 cals...

Just had a mission today running around all day, one of my bank accounts got blocked for some reason, trying to get the block lifeted, man they pissed me off treating me like a criminal... nothing i can do provided them with docs required now have to wait 48 hrs for assessment... mission...
    Last edited by Ca$tro; 01-11-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Im by no means a guru lol, thers many many people far more knowledgable than me, but i know what i need to know and im always lookin to learn more. Its nice to help others the same way i was helped when i first started trainin, im glad i can help u.
    No its a tablet for water retention, jst helps u keep pissin even tho u dnt need to piss nemor lol, n gets most of the remainin water from under ur skin. Gives u that dry look. Ye that pic was from may 2011, i was at 13 weeks dietin ther, my last show took me to 20 weeks lol, it was horrible but worth it. Thanks, really appreciate it. Ive put on sum mor size since then so I jst hope i can hit the same or better condition this year, im only on my 2nd week now but the bodyfat is cummin off nicely n diet is goin well so fingers crossed lol

For your first show I would dry out naturally with salt manipulation and some natural diuretics. If you do end up using diuretics I recommend dyazide for your first show. It's predictable and relatively mild. Aldactone is more mild but must be taken for several days leading up to the show.

Ca$tro is offline Member
    Jp2011 - Well I appreciate all the help you give and the others, your help will keep me going... Man you must be like 0% body fat... But I wish you all the best mate, and if there's anything I can do let me know, nice to help others especially those that help you...

AlexIsthrowed - man you lookin good in your pic too... Appreciate your input too.

I am lucky I got two mentors helping me out, seriously appreciate it...

I can't imagine getting to a stage where you guys are, must feel and look amazing achieving that standard with your body, it's like a dream for me...

Anyway till tomorrow folks...
    Just having a black coffee, nasty...
    Diet going good...

Haha i wish i got to 0% bodyfat, wel actually i dnt coz id b dead but as close as possible wud du lol. I know a bloke, hes a master, must b close to 50, he won the over 40s at north west last year n he gets his bodyfat so low it looks as tho thers jst a thin film over his muscles, he gets called the man with no skin haha. It dnt av 2 b a dream, u can achieve anything if u put ur mind to it, u seem very determined n i wish u the best of luck in preparin for ur first show.

Ye alexISthrowed is right, jst salt manipulation n natural diuretics 4 ur first show, jst so its not a big shock 2 ur body bein so dehydrated that u end up in hospital or summat. N nice pic mate, sum nice detail in ur back ther.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information