Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    ill have pics up today. took 5th in the heavy weight!

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    That's AWESOME, congrats!
    Enjoy the pizza n' burgers!!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Congrats man that's awesome for a first show

what'd you weigh in at?

waitin on those pics

enjoy the feastin today!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You were 194 a day or so ago, how did you end up as a Heavyweight? (Congrats BTW!)

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    You were 194 a day or so ago, how did you end up as a Heavyweight? (Congrats BTW!)
    Ya. Something isn't right there. Congrats on your placing. How many were in your class? Enjoy the food today buddy. You earned it.

I just saw your pics on rxmuscle.com. Looks like 5th out of 9 in your class. Not bad at all for your first show. Just like in the pics from a few weeks out your chest and back dominate. Your legs seemed to actually smooth out and your lost the cuts that you had. I still have no idea how you made heavyweight but I'm happy for you. You got one under the belt now. Bring those legs up, work on your posing, and if you're anything like me last night was the beginning of a long journey.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Saw the pics as well and Hank D is spot on with his assessment. This off season I would seriously target Hams, Glutes and Quads (and POSING!!!). Reading your final week's protocol I had a bad feeling about things and I agree with Hank as well, your condition softened up considerably come contest time. Dont take this personal or feel bad about it, I have messed up my carb/water manipulation more than once. This is why I always try and schedule shows on back to back weekends or even hit 3 in a month. When you are this lean it really gives you a chance to see what works and what doesnt work on your physique. Probably a bit late with this advice but be careful about going fat, sugar and carb crazy over the next few days. You will feel like crap and body is looking to store bodyfat really bad right now. I have seen many guys balloon up after a show and are miserable for a long long time. Ease back into things, keep some cardio in and try to resist the temptation to eat everything in sight.

Nice job once again!!

ill post sum that my gf took for me. I had been in the low-mid 190s all week. i ended up weighing 201lbs the nite we weighed in. I can only think that its because i had ate carbs and fat the nite before. I feel like my legs washed out as well. I have ate like a pig all day but starting tomorrow ill be back on a clean diet and training again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00153.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	121299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00154.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	121300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00155.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	121301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00156.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	121302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00157.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	121303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00158.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	121304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00159.JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	121305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00160.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	121306

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00151.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	121307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00152.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	121308

i without a dooubt need to bring up my lower abs and my legs more then anything. Not making a excuse but im a mover for a living so its hard to be able to have a good leg workout after iv worked all day. I am going to compete again, and i would like to be a bit heavier and just as conditioned if not more. I am very happy with placing 5th on my first show, the guy who won 2nd actually won at a show i went and saw a few years ago. Seeing Kai Green in person was awsome, its nuts how wide the guy is in person and how down to earth he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    i without a dooubt need to bring up my lower abs and my legs more then anything. Not making a excuse but im a mover for a living so its hard to be able to have a good leg workout after iv worked all day. I am going to compete again, and i would like to be a bit heavier and just as conditioned if not more. I am very happy with placing 5th on my first show, the guy who won 2nd actually won at a show i went and saw a few years ago. Seeing Kai Green in person was awsome, its nuts how wide the guy is in person and how down to earth he is.
    Hit legs on your day off from work. I used to do them all the time on Sundays and really like it.

Lift to live is offline Junior Member
    Great job bro I have been watching your thread closely since I am now 6 weeks out . It's cool to have someone else to watch go through the daily grind of getting ready for a show. Thanks you have helped me out for my prep if not for anything else than psychologys sake.

lol im glad i could help. Good luck on the show. I still manage to do legs 2x a week usually and atleast once i just need to start going heavy again i guess or add way more volume

once a week and heavy as hell

i think im going to switch to a more HIT style training and 4 day split because work is about to get crazy for the summer and i think going heavy again is just what i need to get growing again. I have not squated more then 315lbs in about a yr and a half, gona go max today and see if i can still get 5 plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    i think im going to switch to a more HIT style training and 4 day split because work is about to get crazy for the summer and i think going heavy again is just what i need to get growing again. I have not squated more then 315lbs in about a yr and a half, gona go max today and see if i can still get 5 plates.
    For over a year and a half I've been doing HIT style training. Just like Yates did I only do 1 set to failure per exercise. For legs I do more volume but upper body is done this way every workout. The results speak for themselves. I've made the best gains of my life.

coldfear is offline Junior Member
    just dropping by to say great job at the show! you looked great and as long as you improve year to year from this showing you are winning. Kill it this offseason! my first shows in 6 days haha im nervous as shit

Quote Originally Posted by coldfear View Post
    just dropping by to say great job at the show! you looked great and as long as you improve year to year from this showing you are winning. Kill it this offseason! my first shows in 6 days haha im nervous as shit
    I'm competing in 6 days too. You over on the east coast?

coldfear is offline Junior Member
    naw montreal but good luck regardless bro! gotta get more competitors on here

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    just came in and read your whole thread.. you have amazing dedication man, congrats on 5th on your first show, great job! as was already said you stated too, you looked best in your last pics before the contest, you did look a little bloated on stage, but hey, no big deal, one show down, im sure plenty more to go! you gave it 100% and did a damn good job.. i would really like to compete in the next year or 2..have been into lifting/fitness for a few years but just got HEAVY into bodybuilding last de***ber.. cutting right now to shed the fat i gained over the winter, and plan on a giant bulk soon after, and depending where i stand after that, i may feel ready to try a contest prep.. i hope the guys on here will help me like they did you! great job man.. truly inspirational dedication

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information