Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By bw2506
  • 2 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Physique comp

bw2506 is offline Junior Member

Physique comp

Thinking of entering into first comp near tge end of april...gonna try physique because my legs are lagging and want to get a feel for th stage. I am 35 years old so i guess ill be in masters category. Im currently 6'3 and around 230. This is after bulking from 215...my latest dexascan showed 9.8 perc bf after tge bulk but i am one of those who does not carry bf in my lower body. All bf goes to upper body

Basically im just looking for any pointers on what i should be doing this far out and any pointers, suggestions in general. Ive posted pics before and will include this pic. If i recall i was around 209 when tgese were taken....judging by pics do i stand a chance or should i not bother with it... I am totally fine ok with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Physique comp-image.jpg   Physique comp-image.jpg  
    Last edited by bw2506; 01-06-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	154459Byw this will b npc and i believe is a national qualifier

Purple boxers 214lbs. Otger two at 209

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes you stand a chance, a good one. You'll do fine if you look like those pics. Those pics look like a guy that does physique.

I will tell you this though, don't get too caught up in "it's a national qualifier" most shows are a national qualifier.

Views:	163 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	154461

This is current. Obviously a little fluffier after putting on some weight.... With th comp being in april, when should i start losing some weight

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Look good partner...i usually start out dieting 14 weeks out but thats for BBing, i would say in your condition you should be able to get where you need to be in 8 weeks...

Haydenz is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Is this a natural comp or an open?

Sorry not sure on US federations

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Off topic & pointless - But, I couldn't compete with that & I am cycles deep

You look solid as fvck, get a posing coach & just win - You look as good or if not better than most guys competing in the masters

On the last pic, it is noticeable when you put on weight though - But, the first set < solid as fvck

Its an open comp. Yea i have been trying to put on weight and am just really maintaining that for right now....this will be my first comp of any kind so th timing of when to start and all that is an unknown for me. I also know nothing about manipulating things such as carbs sodium etc. i was previously around 275 and got down to those weights without cardio or anything. There for a cpl months i started cardio once i lost th weight and have since quit again. I have no problem losing weight w/o cardio but am kinda unclear if it will be a good idea to do it without cardio... For you guys, does ur look (hardness etc) change when incorporating cardio

Haydenz is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    No it doesn't,

But before I give you pre comp cycle advice, are you looking to add in compounds to get the best look possible? Or do you just want to test the waters and do something super low key?

Also as stated above I would start 8 weeks out, you are already low in bf.

You need to research some key things

-Board shorts
    -Mandatory Poses for your federation
    -Register for the federation
    -Register for the Comp

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Never heard of leg day huh?
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Not gonna lie...ive neglected them over th years. That and im def not one with naturally big legs. I was able to add a little bit if size after this bulk and have been hitting them hard for th last 5 months...squatting is a very unnatural exercise for me. After doing calf stretches every day for months i am still unable to squat (without any weight) without my my heels raising...i basically have to squat extremely wide to hit depth...im still working on it and am not gonna give up

Heres th latest pic of these monsters lol. Tom platz look out

Views:	224 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	154472Click image for larger version. 

ID:	154472
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Never heard of leg day huh?

Who needs legs in physique?

lol

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Who needs legs in physique?

lol
    i heard the are thinking about changing it to tight boxers

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    i heard the are thinking about changing it to tight boxers
    I heard they will be tight short-shorts with a strap-on...and moose knuckle...LMAO!
    < <Samson> > and BG like this.

BG
    Lmfao!

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by bw2506 View Post
    Not gonna lie...ive neglected them over th years. That and im def not one with naturally big legs. I was able to add a little bit if size after this bulk and have been hitting them hard for th last 5 months...squatting is a very unnatural exercise for me. After doing calf stretches every day for months i am still unable to squat (without any weight) without my my heels raising...i basically have to squat extremely wide to hit depth...im still working on it and am not gonna give up

Heres th latest pic of these monsters lol. Tom platz look out

ID:	154472Click image for larger version. 

ID:	154472
    Oh their not so bad, the other pic they looked like sticks.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I heard they will be tight short-shorts with a strap-on...and moose knuckle...LMAO!
    ^^^LOL!

You know what's funny and ironic? A bodybuilder will always think a physique is homo yet the bodybuilder is the one standing on stage in front of strangers in his underwear with his nuts about half a second from popping out of speedo for all to see. Did I mention he'll also be letting a room full of men stare at his bare ass while flexing so hard he nearly poops himself? And despite all that, I still find bodybuilding to be the more masculine and hetero of the two....ain't life weird, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    ^^^LOL!

You know what's funny and ironic? A bodybuilder will always think a physique is homo yet the bodybuilder is the one standing on stage in front of strangers in his underwear with his nuts about half a second from popping out of speedo for all to see. Did I mention he'll also be letting a room full of men stare at his bare ass while flexing so hard he nearly poops himself? And despite all that, I still find bodybuilding to be the more masculine and hetero of the two....ain't life weird, lol!
    ^^^Haha i know, its irony at its best...

Thread Information