Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Preparing for Competition End of March 2015 (pictures included)

  1. #1
    Vang is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6

    Talking Preparing for Competition End of March 2015 (pictures included)

    Dear All,

    I am writing on this forum hoping to get a good solid basic cutting cycle advice. Yes i believe everybody has been asking the same thing, and i have already asked locally too but i dont know why its like taboo to even speak about it. I saw on the online forum to run:

    1) Anavar
    2) Clen
    3) Test
    4) Winstrol

    For the ultimate cutting while maintaining your muscle mass. I was wondering if this is right? And how do i run this (in layman's term) (im sorry but the science behind it is making me all confused) If it is, what do you recommend for my PCT? Is Arimidex alone enough to control the estrogen level?

    Age: 34
    Weight: 85kg
    Height: 5' 10"
    Food: i try to maintain about 1200 calories per day (for cutting)
    Training: Weights, HIIT and Calisthenics

    Preparing for Competition End of March 2015 (pictures included)-p_20141231_005513_1.jpg

    Hope to hear from you soon

    Regards,
    Vang

  2. #2
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    First of all welcome to the forum...secondly 1200cal seems extremely low sounds like you are just about 190lbs, that is way low i would say 2000-2200 calories would be a more appropriate number.
    The gear for dieting in general is Test as a base, tren as the heavy androgen and Anavar or winstrol as anabolic . I use Arimidex and i feel it is good enough i only use it every 3 to 4 days....i do not like Clen as it down regulates Bate-2 receptor which renders it ineffective...i prefer the old school E/C/A stack...good luck i am sure you will get more input from other guys on here...

  3. #3
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    What are you competing in, physique or something else?

    As Mike says 1200cals sound ridiculously low.

    What is your cycle history?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  4. #4
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    My wife diets at 1600 calories and her starting weight is 150lbs...shes 5'7" for what it counts...

  5. #5
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    If you're new to all this, hire someone that helps people like you. Hire Mike XXL (if he's taking competitors). Even if you weren't new to this, it's a good thing to have the help of someone.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

  6. #6
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Or hire Metalject....it does sound to me like you need help with this prep...

  7. #7
    Vang is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    First of all welcome to the forum...secondly 1200cal seems extremely low sounds like you are just about 190lbs, that is way low i would say 2000-2200 calories would be a more appropriate number.
    The gear for dieting in general is Test as a base, tren as the heavy androgen and Anavar or winstrol as anabolic. I use Arimidex and i feel it is good enough i only use it every 3 to 4 days....i do not like Clen as it down regulates Bate-2 receptor which renders it ineffective...i prefer the old school E/C/A stack...good luck i am sure you will get more input from other guys on here...

    Hey Mike and others,

    Thanks for your reply. Basically i was running 1200 cals to cut (or i might be advised wrongly)secondly yes, i am about 190lbs. Alright, thats awesome advice and this is my 2nd time running a cycle unless (winstrol only cycle doesnt count).

    I am participating in the Physique competition (not bodybuilding) in South East Asia. Thanks so much for your input and i will give it a go. So Test, Tren and Winstrol. (Arimidex and Liver Protect), Will use the Nolva and Clomid for PCT.

    Thanks again guys. Really appreciate it.

    Regards,
    Vang

  8. #8
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    11,276
    Blog Entries
    2
    Are we being too nice here? That's new


    OP - If you want to compete, you're a bit off - You have a ways to go bro

    Start with just test & tune a diet

  9. #9
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    Or hire Metalject....it does sound to me like you need help with this prep...
    Nah, you can have them all. I'm done with it, at least for now. Unless someone wants to pay $5k a prep, in that case I'll take them, lol!

  10. #10
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Are we being too nice here? That's new


    OP - If you want to compete, you're a bit off - You have a ways to go bro

    Start with just test & tune a diet
    I was dead serious with my comment, he should hire Mike. Most can't do well unless they have someone like him in their corner and he seems to be pretty in touch with how to do things...at least as far as I can tell. He and I don't do things exactly the same, but there are several good ways to do them.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

  11. #11
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Nah, you can have them all. I'm done with it, at least for now. Unless someone wants to pay $5k a prep, in that case I'll take them, lol!
    I know what you mean, its hard sometime to stay motivated to keep doing this...LOL...i get a few people that try to nickle/dime me and try to get 50.00 off or whatever...i offer discounts to my clients that i have trained for 2-3 years but other then that my time is worth what its worth...i know you feel the same way...i get guys that text me 50-100 times a day with questions, there better be money in it for me other wise i am not interrupting my family life for every text i receive...you get 5 guys like that and you are screwed...

    Thanks for the words of confidences, i agree we dont do all the things the same but i believe the results would be very close...like you said there is more then one way to skin the cat...

  12. #12
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    This being a physique competition i agree perhaps test and winny cycle would be enough especially if you are just getting started in this sport...

  13. #13
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    This being a physique competition i agree perhaps test and winny cycle would be enough especially if you are just getting started in this sport...
    Agreed. Test and winny or maybe test and anavar . If it's a pretty lean guy fairly muscular and already a little hard, maybe a little test and up the AI towards the end could even work.

    I'm sure you've seen this too....physique guys coming in way too hard at the contest...to hard and too lean. Of course that sounds ridiculous to a bodybuilder but seems to be the reality in physique sometimes.

  14. #14
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I know what you mean, its hard sometime to stay motivated to keep doing this...LOL...i get a few people that try to nickle/dime me and try to get 50.00 off or whatever...i offer discounts to my clients that i have trained for 2-3 years but other then that my time is worth what its worth...i know you feel the same way...i get guys that text me 50-100 times a day with questions, there better be money in it for me other wise i am not interrupting my family life for every text i receive...you get 5 guys like that and you are screwed...

    Thanks for the words of confidences, i agree we dont do all the things the same but i believe the results would be very close...like you said there is more then one way to skin the cat...
    Yep, sums up a lot of why I'm tired of it.
    When it comes to negotiating, in the past I have worked deals with people that give them a better deal if they will do things to help me in return. There have been a few female competitors that I've done prep for free because I know they have a lot of female competitor friends and if things go well with them it would generate me more business in the end. That's usually worked out well with a few exceptions, but generally it's worth it.

    The one thing that drives me crazy even more than constant never ending text and emails is not doing what I ask. Having guys that hire you but also take the advice of several other people makes your job impossible. I've had enough of these guys over the years do that, not get the results they want and then be upset at you. It's like taking investment advice - I recommend you invest your money in ABC, you then invest some in ABC and XYZ based on the recommendation of someone else - you lose your ass on XYZ but blame both guys who gave you advice. I don't need or want that stress.
    Even if they are taking advice from only you, I'm sure you've had this happen to. Their diet is laid out exactly as it should be, yet they overeat. They eat clean but they eat too much clean food because they're petrified of losing muscle. In the end, they're not lean enough. Very frustrating.

    But as far as the constant communication - I don't mind a lot of text or even some phone calls. If they are paying, this is what they paid for and I try to be pretty quick with my responses. I agree, there is a point when it reaches an unacceptable level. Generally, I tell people that if they email allow for 24hrs to respond - but almost always I respond much sooner, often close to within an hour or two. Text, I'll always respond during the day (within an hour or two at most if not sooner) unless you send me a text in the middle of the night, which I actually don't mind because my phone doesn't wake me up. Almost nothing short of an earthquake will wake me up, lol!

    I don't know about you, but I got to a point where I preferred female competitors. They're usually much easier to work with. Guys tend to take 100 peoples advice, second guess everything, post on forums and take the advice of a thousand strangers who tell them what they're doing is wrong. Women tend to more often hire you and follow your advice to the letter. At least that's been my experience. Figure competitors are almost always my favorite to work with.

    Last little thing, over the last few years I've started giving advice to friends who do comp prep - not something I charge for or anything but I enjoy helping with that when possible. But more and more over the last couple years I find myself further and further away from comp stuff. My interest has waned.

  15. #15
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    I know exactly what you mean i have had so many people complain about their results because they read something on the net and changed things last minute...i have no control over it but they almost always blame me for the results...it a tough sport to train people for i only want the best for my athletes...i wouldn't do anything to sacrifice their success, myjob is to make them successful..and i will do anything in my power to do so....i do agree with your statement 100% thou i am pretty sick of the whole thing...i do have my core training athletes and i am good with that...they listen ad get results....thats all that matters to me...



    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Yep, sums up a lot of why I'm tired of it.
    When it comes to negotiating, in the past I have worked deals with people that give them a better deal if they will do things to help me in return. There have been a few female competitors that I've done prep for free because I know they have a lot of female competitor friends and if things go well with them it would generate me more business in the end. That's usually worked out well with a few exceptions, but generally it's worth it.

    The one thing that drives me crazy even more than constant never ending text and emails is not doing what I ask. Having guys that hire you but also take the advice of several other people makes your job impossible. I've had enough of these guys over the years do that, not get the results they want and then be upset at you. It's like taking investment advice - I recommend you invest your money in ABC, you then invest some in ABC and XYZ based on the recommendation of someone else - you lose your ass on XYZ but blame both guys who gave you advice. I don't need or want that stress.
    Even if they are taking advice from only you, I'm sure you've had this happen to. Their diet is laid out exactly as it should be, yet they overeat. They eat clean but they eat too much clean food because they're petrified of losing muscle. In the end, they're not lean enough. Very frustrating.

    But as far as the constant communication - I don't mind a lot of text or even some phone calls. If they are paying, this is what they paid for and I try to be pretty quick with my responses. I agree, there is a point when it reaches an unacceptable level. Generally, I tell people that if they email allow for 24hrs to respond - but almost always I respond much sooner, often close to within an hour or two. Text, I'll always respond during the day (within an hour or two at most if not sooner) unless you send me a text in the middle of the night, which I actually don't mind because my phone doesn't wake me up. Almost nothing short of an earthquake will wake me up, lol!

    I don't know about you, but I got to a point where I preferred female competitors. They're usually much easier to work with. Guys tend to take 100 peoples advice, second guess everything, post on forums and take the advice of a thousand strangers who tell them what they're doing is wrong. Women tend to more often hire you and follow your advice to the letter. At least that's been my experience. Figure competitors are almost always my favorite to work with.

    Last little thing, over the last few years I've started giving advice to friends who do comp prep - not something I charge for or anything but I enjoy helping with that when possible. But more and more over the last couple years I find myself further and further away from comp stuff. My interest has waned.

  16. #16
    Vang is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I know exactly what you mean i have had so many people complain about their results because they read something on the net and changed things last minute...i have no control over it but they almost always blame me for the results...it a tough sport to train people for i only want the best for my athletes...i wouldn't do anything to sacrifice their success, myjob is to make them successful..and i will do anything in my power to do so....i do agree with your statement 100% thou i am pretty sick of the whole thing...i do have my core training athletes and i am good with that...they listen ad get results....thats all that matters to me...


    Hi Metal and Mike,

    i dont know what to say but a million thanks for your inputs. I would love to hire one of you but right now i would just like to enter the physique competition and the advices for beginners would be suffice. Unless i want to get into the below 80kg bodybuilding category, then i know i have to invest in a good coach

    For now, i will take your advices, just test and anavar . How bout tren ? put that aside first?

    Regards,
    Vang

  17. #17
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Thats what we are here for...

  18. #18
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    Thats what we are here for...
    A quick question mate........i remember a few years back you were wanting to train/prep mma athletes, did you ever go down that route?

  19. #19
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Hey, yes i have worked with a number of MMA fighters, from conditioning, to water cutting to muscle endurance training...i would say i have worked with 20 or so...i did all of them pro-Bono as i was trying to brake into that market at the point...i enjoy new challenges and having to expand my knowledge...
    BG likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •