Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
This was my initial thought but I think it is actually growing. I thought by now it would be on the down-slide as I agreed with your thinking....that it is a fad.
The more time that passes, however, it is actually growing in participation and popularity. In my area there are actually a couple of "gyms" opening that are strictly gear to crossfit. They are like personal training studios that do circuit type crossfit workouts. I watched part of one and it reminded me of a kicked up boot camp type thing. Anyway these places are hanging their hats on this thing, banking that it isnt just a fad. As of right now I talked to the one owner and he is enrolling an average of 2-3 people per day (or so he says). Thats pretty impressive if it is true for a passing fad. Jury is still out for me (on what it is, I have no interest in participation lol).
That would be a pretty risky business plan to go all in on something so feeble in it's current stage. I think the desire for Cross Fit in an area is directly related to the demographic. Traditional bodybuilding has been seen with pessimism in areas full of hipsters. It doesn't help that a Planet Fitness is popping up at the same frequency of Starbucks either.