jdspinna is offline Associate Member

Cutty McCutterson

I have sucessfully weened myself from my bad eating habits. I attempted to due a couple strict cuts before but I beleieve I changed my diet too drastically too fast and eventually would end up binging on crap after a month or so. I have slowly added in 3 ot 4 days of light cardio a week for 30-45 minutes over the last two months. I changed my lifting schedule from M/W/F to M/Tu/Th/Fri and an occasional Saturday.

Here are my bf stats so far:
    Jan 1 06
    Weight 220lbs 17-18%

Feb 7 06
    Weight 210lbs 15%

Goal for June 9-10% bf

Workout Days
    Meal 1 - PRO/CARB - PreWorkout carb protein fat
    1 banana 27
    60g protein powder 60

Meal 2 - PRO/CARB - PWO
    45g protein powder 45
    75g carbs dextrose 75

Meal 3 - PRO/CARB - PPWO
    1/2 Cup Brown Rice 46
    veggies
    5.3 Oz Chicken Breast 44

Meal 4 - PRO/FAT
    5.3 Oz Chicken Breast 44
    2 Potato 53
    2 Cups Broccoli

Meal 5 - PRO/FAT
    5.3Oz Chicken Breast 44
    2 Cup Broccoli
    2 TBS Flax Oil 28

Meal 6 - PRO/FAT
    60g protein powder 60
    2 TBS Flax Oil or Olive 28

c p f
    804 1188 504

Total Cal= 2496

Non workout days I change the PWO to a Protein Fat meal. Let me know what you guys think.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    It looks pretty much spot on .

Thanks Johan. I think I am starting to understand what I'm doing diet-wise. What about refeeds? I tend to get very lethargic after a few days of less than 300g carbs. I've seen suggestions of once every four days to two times a month. Maybe it's less refeeds for me because my bf is so high right now?

I just do a full blown cheat day once a week and it keeps me going. At the end of a cutter it starts to hinder fat loss a bit though. But in the begining its no problem for me.

How are your strenght in the gym when you feel lethargic? I find that I can be so tired that it feels like I wont be able to walk 5 feet. But when Im in the gym I can still push as much weight. I only tweak when I star to lose strenght. Strenght is my number one guide when cutting.

mrclark is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdspinna
    I have sucessfully weened myself from my bad eating habits. I attempted to due a couple strict cuts before but I beleieve I changed my diet too drastically too fast and eventually would end up binging on crap after a month or so. I have slowly added in 3 ot 4 days of light cardio a week for 30-45 minutes over the last two months. I changed my lifting schedule from M/W/F to M/Tu/Th/Fri and an occasional Saturday.

Here are my bf stats so far:
    Jan 1 06
    Weight 220lbs 17-18%

Feb 7 06
    Weight 210lbs 15%

Goal for June 9-10% bf

Workout Days
    Meal 1 - PRO/CARB - PreWorkout carb protein fat
    1 banana 27
    60g protein powder 60

Ditch the banana, add some type of complex carb here... i.e. old fashioned oats w/ whey/egg whites OR brown rice/yams/sweet potatoes w/ lean meat

Meal 2 - PRO/CARB - PWO
    45g protein powder 45
    75g carbs dextrose 75

Meal 3 - PRO/CARB - PPWO
    1/2 Cup Brown Rice 46
    veggies
    5.3 Oz Chicken Breast 44

Meal 4 - PRO/FAT
    5.3 Oz Chicken Breast 44
    2 Potato 53
    2 Cups Broccoli
    if this is supposed to be a PRO/FAT meal - I'd toss the potato out and utilize a fat source i.e. flax oil with lignans / natty PB / full fat mayo / etc

Meal 5 - PRO/FAT
    5.3Oz Chicken Breast 44
    2 Cup Broccoli
    2 TBS Flax Oil 28

Meal 6 - PRO/FAT
    60g protein powder 60
    2 TBS Flax Oil or Olive 28
    drop the whey powder if this is your last meal before bed - utilize a solid lean protein source - i.e. meat - tuna / cottage cheese / etc with flax or olive/etc

c p f
    804 1188 504

Total Cal= 2496

* you might need to adjust your macros
    * shift the flax tablespoon fat sources around to meet your goals
    * add some more fibrous veggies to some of your meals i.e. meal #1 & 6
    * refeeds might be a good option for you every 12-14 days... (double up on your clean carbs/keep fats to a low/around 500-1000cal over maintence)
    * since your lifting in the AM - I wouldn't do the cardio before - maybe space those out on your off days or do a small amount after you lift(not the best option but for a last resort)

Non workout days I change the PWO to a Protein Fat meal. Let me know what you guys think.
    Hey man - thought I'd jump in real quick to add some suggestions... Check in bold. Hopefully you and the other members would agree on some of the changes... Seems like you're on the right path with the diet - Good luck man
    Last edited by mrclark; 02-07-2006 at 05:49 PM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    diet is on bro...all thats left to do...
    kick ass!

Thanks for the input guys.

Clark: I do the cardio after the weight training sessions already and the fourth meal is supposed to be protein carb.
    Last edited by jdspinna; 02-07-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    How are your strenght in the gym when you feel lethargic?
    Sorry I missed your question there. The last time I was on a strict cut my lifts sufferef a lot. My carbs were always around or below 150g then. This time They are a little more moderate and so far I feel fine. I think it's the glycogen depleteion that was killing me. I lose the ability to push heavy weight for as many reps and end up burning out much quicker than normal but, last time it happened the difference was pretty dramatic.

Would you suggest more frequent refeeds if this is hindering my lifts to much? Maybe bring my carb intake up a little on workout days? I'm trying to keep an eye on my LBM also as it seems I've already lost a couple lbs.

I would suggest a slightely different approach to workouts.

Do more weights, less reps and dont go to failure as often. My rep strenght is gone when I cut, but my 1-5 rep strenght is better than ever. I notice that if I focus my main lifts in that rep range I can continue to gain strenght while I cut.

Maby post up your workout routine? More complex carbs pre workout would be cool if you get realy lethargic. But a good workout is not that carb depleting realy.

Thread Information