caper is offline Junior Member

Critique my diet pls!

Hey guys, ok ill cut the shit and get straight to business

male, age 23 180lbs, 5'7, 17% body fat. Im having trouble getting a perfect routine and diet set....usually when i weight lift, cardio gets booted out the door...when i feel fat and go on a 2-3 month cardio venture, i get burnt and run my ass off for an hour a day and hardly see results...this time im gonna stick to a strict diet and routine now that i have more knowledge

*KEEP IN MIND, i dont care about losing my muscle mass, I HAVE TO lose this excess stubborn belly weight.

*KEEP IN MIND, i also just got a job outa college and am working 7:30 to 4:30 every weekday...and im EXTREMELY tired after work...i usually take a nap

Im basing my diet off the CUTTING sticky but modifying it slightly with old diet choices...mixing in ADkins/protein diets

Meal 1: 7:00AM
    3 Scrambled Eggs, 2 bacon strips, 1/2 cup oatmeal (old fashion with splenda)
    PILLS: 1 capsule of FIRELEAN. 1 Centrium

Meal 2: 9:00AM
    GNC Protein shake (60 grams of whey protein) (2 tbsp flax?)

Meal 3: (11:35am) (lunchtime)
    various veggies (does it need to be steamed?) and two baked chicken breast with assorted herbs or 1 can of tuna with hotsauce or mayo

Meal 5: (5:00-6:00) (dinner)
    Veggies w/ alittle cheddar cheese, Lean Protein (baked chicken, lean steak, 1-2 ground chuck burger patties or salmon w/ alittle butter and herbs), 1/2 cup brown rice or oatmeal.
    PILLS: 1 FIRELEAN

WORKOUT (see way below)

Meal 4: (whenever i get home)
    PWO Nutrition( GNC 60grams of whey protein, and a small lean turkey sandwich with wheat bread for my carbs)

Meal 6: (9-10pm)GNC 60grams of Whey protein with Flax

FOOD I CANT STAND: boiled eggs, cottage cheese or anything really soft...

**my BMR is about 1900Cals

I have two workout plans...one consist of doing 20 minutes of cardio as a subsitute for some days when i wake up on an empty stomach..but i dont think i can pull that off..im not a morning person.

WORKOUT : (based off lc1987's with mods)

M/W/F:
    45-60 minutes of cardio at a heart rate of 152 so i dont burn muscle (longer for bike, shorter for eliptical or treadmill)
    3 X 25 ab crunches on various machines
    3 X 14 oblique machine (the one where you sit down and twist left and right with resistance)
    3 X 10 Leg press weight depends on energy level

TUES:
    20 minutes of cardio at 152 heart rate
    Full Upper body WOrkout:

chest:
    dumbbell bench warm up sets 50's on each side 10 reps 2 sets
    6 reps of 75 X 3 sets
    dumbell decline
    6 reps of 65-70(depends on energy level) 2 sets
    incline dumbells
    4-6 reps of 55 2 sets

back

pull ups (warm up sets): 10 reps 2 sets
    Sitdown Cable Rows:
    7 reps of 100 X 2 sets
    10 reps of 120 x 1 set
    v bar Front pulldowns
    4-6 reps of 120 X 2 sets

THURSDAY:
    20 minutes of cardio at 152 heart rate

Arms:

10 reps of pull ups close grip x 2 sets (warm up)
    10 reps of 35lbs of declined sitdown curls X 3 reps
    10 reps of 40lbs X 3 cable curls...(i dont know the name, its the one that uses the large cross cable work machine..you look like your flexing with your arms uup or if in the police arest mode with your hands up and then you extend cable to where your arms are extended then curl them back up and tap your head, hold then extend.) maybe upper arm stance curls?
    10 Reps of 45lbs X 3 straight bar curls

triceps

Rope cable pushdowns warm up 10 reps of 35 X 2 sets
    4-6 reps of 70 X 3 sets
    Dips
    10-12 reps x 3 (energy level)
    skull crushers
    4-6 reps of 60 X 3 sets

Saturday and SUnday (rest)

i know im missing alot of legs...but i dont want to strain them at all from the excessive running

LET me know how it looks guys!

thanks for you help in advance!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    my suggestions:

1. in meal 1 lose the bacon. go 6 egg whites, cook as you wish.

2. yes, do add that flax in there.

3. i'd make meal 5 a pro/fat.. looks like you're getting enough carbs.

4. take your pwo shake as normal right when you get home. take your ppwo meal about an hour later. sub your turkey sandwish for some lean protein and brown rice/oats/yams.. something along those lines.

5. you can run all day and still hit legs. nothing looks worse than being top heavy. kick that shit in gear.

once again, just my opinions, but i think they should help you out. best of luck.

ok ill try subsituting those in...any other opinions?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caper
    Hey guys, ok ill cut the shit and get straight to business

male, age 23 180lbs, 5'7, 17% body fat. Im having trouble getting a perfect routine and diet set....usually when i weight lift, cardio gets booted out the door...when i feel fat and go on a 2-3 month cardio venture, i get burnt and run my ass off for an hour a day and hardly see results...this time im gonna stick to a strict diet and routine now that i have more knowledge

*KEEP IN MIND, i dont care about losing my muscle mass, I HAVE TO lose this excess stubborn belly weight.

*KEEP IN MIND, i also just got a job outa college and am working 7:30 to 4:30 every weekday...and im EXTREMELY tired after work...i usually take a nap

Im basing my diet off the CUTTING sticky but modifying it slightly with old diet choices...mixing in ADkins/protein diets

Meal 1: 7:00AM
    3 Scrambled Eggs, 2 bacon strips, 1/2 cup oatmeal (old fashion with splenda)
    PILLS: 1 capsule of FIRELEAN. 1 Centrium
    NO BACON AND MAKE SURE THE EGGS ARE EGG WHITES MAYBE ONE YOLK.
    Meal 2: 9:00AM
    GNC Protein shake (60 grams of whey protein) (2 tbsp flax?)
    CUT THAT DOWN TO 30G PROTEIN AND 1TBSP FLAX, PORTION SIZE IS IMPORTANT TO LOSE FAT
    Meal 3: (11:35am) (lunchtime)
    various veggies (does it need to be steamed?) and two baked chicken breast with assorted herbs or 1 can of tuna with hotsauce or mayo
    DOESN'T NEED TO BE STEAMED, ONE CHICKEN BREAST DEPENDING ON SIZE. THE TUNA W/MAYO IS FINE, ONE TBSP MAYO
    Meal 5: (5:00-6:00) (dinner)
    Veggies w/ alittle cheddar cheese, Lean Protein (baked chicken, lean steak, 1-2 ground chuck burger patties or salmon w/ alittle butter and herbs), 1/2 cup brown rice or oatmeal. LOSE THE CARBS/BUTTER, AGAIN PORTION SIZE IS IMPORTANT, TRY FOR 30G PRO AND 15G FAT, NOT SATURATED FAT EITHER
    PILLS: 1 FIRELEAN

WORKOUT (see way below)

Meal 4: (whenever i get home)
    PWO Nutrition( GNC 60grams of whey protein, and a small lean turkey sandwich with wheat bread for my carbs) AGAIN 60G IS TOO MUCH TO CUT WITH TRY 30 WITH 60G OF SIMPLE CARBS ASAP AFTER WEIGHTS

Meal 6: (9-10pm)GNC 60grams of Whey protein with Flax TRY 30G OF PROTEIN WITH 1TBSP FLAX AND YOU'LL LOOK/FEEL BETTER
    OK You need to be at, or lower than your maintenance calories to be successful.
    Last edited by sooners04; 03-04-2006 at 03:33 AM.

ok soo should i cut some things?

i mean according to the stickies here..its all about timing when you eat to when you work out...no?

is anything dramatically wrong or can i go ahead and start this?

MODESEVEN is offline Junior Member
    Def. Cut Those Burger Patties And Chedddar Cheese Out.grill The Vegies With A Litte Olive Oil And Some Mrs.dash {no Salt}.when You Steam You Sometimes Loose The Nutrients.diet Looks Pretty Good.
    -have You Tried Lipo-6?

lipo-6 nah? good stuff?? my energy levels are depleted...i just starting working in the real world from college and i need a boost!

seems like a good review but im afraid of the aspirin part...my dad has a stroke at 50 but he is kinda a stressed out company owner...and doesnt eat healthy

but also when my blood pressure is up, i get semi jittery and also get moody quicker...throwing tempertandroms

BUT DAMN that lipo-6 is cheap? is it legal in the States? one of those legal epherdras?
    Last edited by caper; 03-06-2006 at 11:16 PM.

ALso when should i add the extras...like flax oil

and when you say meal 5 should be protein/fat? isnt it already that way? i have my chicken breast and maybe alitte butter as my fat. no?

you have meal 5 with a 1/2 cup of brown rice or oatmeal.. that is pro/carb. make it a pro/fat and butter is not a good source. this is when you can add your flax/ olive oil

add flax when and where?? and how much

add it to meal 5. take out the brown rice, save that for ppwo. how much depends on how much fat you're already consuming. keep your pro carbs to morning pwo and ppwo.

a new post has been made

This thread topic has been moved to

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...58#post2536958

thanks for following and helping guys!

Thread Information