Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stayinstackeds fast mass diet for the hardgainer

This diet is for the kid who just cant put on size to save his life. The classic ectomorphic, skinny kid who used to get his ass kicked for his lunch money. First off, if your young and have a fast metabolism right now calories os your priority, calories, calories, CALORIES!!!!!!! protien is important too, but its easier to get 200 grams of protein and 2000 calories than 200 grams of protien and 4000 calories. So here is the diet, it's pretty ****ing simple. It's designed to throw on quick mass and strength, we dont give a **** about fat because chances are if your ectomorphic you CANT get fat, you'll get puffy at times but its damn near impossible to get fat. Especially if your young. This diet is designed for somebody who is between 130-180 lbs.

breakfast- 4 scrambled eggs, 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1 yogurt

mid morning- 1 Hungry man 1lb. dinner, 1 scoop whey protien

lunch- 1/4 lb chicken breast, 2 handfulls of peanuts

mid afternoon- 1 Hungry man 1lb dinner

Train

PWO meal- 40 gram protein shake w/ dextrose

meal- 1 Hungry man 1lb. dinner, 3/4 cup mixed veggies

This is approximately 4200 calories, 250 grams of protien, and about 450 grams of carbs. It's simple. If your ectomorphic, and train hard and sleep right on this type of diet, you will not get fat, maybe not super shredded but thats not what we're doing here. This is to simply "pack it on" and get strong quick. worry about cutting later. go ahead and flame me, I can handle it.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    hahah 1lb hungry man dinners. They always look so good on the tv, but i always just assumed they were junk. Are they actually not bad? Could you post the macros for them?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    scrambled eggs in the morning...I know its normal but the thought makes me naseous...

I would add another meal at the end of the day...obviously their is arguable stuff...but Im not an ecto so I wont try to point anything out...

Thanks stayinstacked for the write up

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ahh come on Im takin down around 6k and im a meso/endomorph.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    4200 is weak, that's my maintainance calories lol.. Try 6k like chest said. Get ready to grow

swizole is offline Associate Member
    why hungary men?? I mean honostly I would much rather pack on mass from like ground beef and steak, a whole bunch of red meat. I know it might be more expensive but I think it would be better in the long run, plus taste a hell of a lot better. I would replace the hungary men with 1 lb ground beef or big steak with potatos or rice, and some kinda bread. White rolls or biscuits for bulking

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I'm definately no ectomorph, actually I'm your classic meso/endomorph like chest, but 4200 cals is weak for even me. You have to bump it up a notch. And the hungry man dinners are junk. Like swizole said, there are just so many other foods that would be better.

I think ectomorphs can bulk without being strict but I still wouldn't recommend eating more than 1 or 2 'junk' meals a day. My thoughts would be simple. Eat every 1.5-2.0 hours until you can't fit anymore food in you. Make the list of foods broad but nutritious. Meats (cow,pig,chicken,fish,etc.) Carbs (oats,wheat bread,granola,rice,potatos,etc.) and your usual fats (natty pb, nuts, flax oil, udo's oil). Cram a snack in when you can do it without puking (protein bar, yogurt,fruit,etc.). Don't become anal about seperating your carbs and fats, just be smart about it. In other words, don't dunk your donuts in pig lard.

If you can't gain some good size from that, then at least you could be cast in the leading role for "Thinner 2"

See, its funny w/ me, I used to eat like 6 and 7000 cals a day to grow a couple years ago, now I can still grow off 4-5000, maybe my metabolism has slowed down.

um i think the cals depend on your size and age more than anything else. you cant just say 4300 cals is not enough for him just cuz its your maintenance. i see most hardgainers as being small, a smaller body doesnt need as many cals. and id love to see your diet w/ macros and how it adds up to 7000 cuz, no offense, i dont believe u.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Try this (my diet currently)
    12 eggwhites, 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
    2 chicken breasts, 2 sweet potatoes
    50g whey, 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
    12 eggwhites, 2 sweet potatoes
    50g whey, 1 cup oats
    PWO 50g whey 100g dextrose
    PPWO 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups brown rice
    1 large tuna/mayo/2 tablespoon flax
    40g whey, 1/2 cup cottage cheese/3-4tbspoon natty pb

damn thats a lot of chicken!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swizole
    damn thats a lot of chicken!!!
    mmm i love my chicken

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    50g whey, 1 cup oats
    thats a good bit of food dude. if u can eat that in a day and every day then ****in highfive, its just hard, how big are you? like height weight age, blah blah
    do u know how many cals that is?

shit.. honostly i put down even more food than that when bulking, I do the chicken thing but I also incorporate lbs of beef too. I get fairly huge. I do gain a little fat though

also, just curious, do you cook all your food?

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    50g whey, 1 cup oats
    This is similar to mine except 6 whole egss in the morning and last meal of the day is either a steak or some type of red meat.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    thats a good bit of food dude. if u can eat that in a day and every day then ****in highfive, its just hard, how big are you? like height weight age, blah blah
    do u know how many cals that is?
    Not for long. I start work at the end of this month and I doubt I'll be able to continue eating like this. It takes WAY too much time to cook & eat and my grades are actually not doing so well because of it. Part of my problem is I cook each meal at that time, not ahead of time, so it takes forever.

Im 19 6 2 248 14-15% bf. I gained some fat with this by slacking on the cardio. Its +/- 200 6k cals. Sometimes I'll eat a good bit of turkey too

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    im getting 3600cals off of:
    2 cans of chili
    1 box of macaroni
    1lb of chicken
    1 weight gainer
    1 can of tuna
    1 44g PWO shake

thats not in order but its what i get. what can i ad to get more cals

Alot of things, are you cutting or bulking? Where is the fat in your diet? Need more info.

My maintainance calories are probably close to 4K/day so at 3600 I'd assume you are either not eating near enough to bulk or you are trying to lean out.

actually im trying to bulk and i thought 3600 was alot! damn, well what can i eat to get 800 or so more cals thats reasonably economic cuz im pooooooor

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    50g whey, 1 cup oats

I like this diet method.so it works for you eh? 6000 cals a day hmm... nice for bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    actually im trying to bulk and i thought 3600 was alot! damn, well what can i eat to get 800 or so more cals thats reasonably economic cuz im pooooooor
    Whole wheat pasta and chicken is an easy + cheap meal. There are tons more, just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Whole wheat pasta and chicken is an easy + cheap meal. There are tons more, just think about it.
    thx ive got a crap ton of pasta at home so ill throw that in there. thx 4 the advice

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    50g whey, 1 cup oats

can you write the time that you complete each meal beside the meals you got listed down please? I want to get an idea of how you arrange and make time. Or do you just randomly eat w.e meal?? thanx .

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    3 lbs. of frozen processed shit in one day?

No thanks!

Hard-gainer or not, there are far better ways to get QUALITY calories with no trans fats, hydrogenated shit, etc.

PB/honey/milk/eggs/oats/rice/yams/grits/flax oil/almonds/steak/salmon/MRP's/etc........

~SC~

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Swole .. !! absolutely right on !!! what is he thinking?

Why not just go to McDonalds and supersize.... Have you seen the movie Super Size Me?

That guy gained 17 lbs in 2 weeks... and his Dr said whatever your doing you need to STOP !!!!

The misconception that the ectomorph is unable to gain is false.. Most of these people just dont have good eating habits and a higher metabolism... I have trained many thin people and they made good gains when they followed a proper bulking diet and training regimen...

It is better however to train these ones younger instead of older while they are still growing.. I have had fathers I was training set their kids on a program and their skinny kids are now some of the biggest kids in school... its all about eating and training people...

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    word !! to what Swol said i whould hate to see your artiers after 12 weeks on that diet

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    this guy on the right (my boss at gnc) eats about 2 hungry man a day in the off season...doesnt sound like a bad idea now does it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stayinstackeds fast mass diet for the hardgainer-392015534_l.jpg   Stayinstackeds fast mass diet for the hardgainer-522859652_l.jpg  

Nobody is saying it won't help bulk you, but it's not the most healthy choice. His legs look quite unproportionate.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Nobody is saying it won't help bulk you, but it's not the most healthy choice. His legs look quite unproportionate.
    he has had surgery on his knees twice.

excuses. lol

i can see the hungry man route would be good maybe for a bulk then thats it. if u eat them everyday for a long term deal, they may sneak up on you later in life. but thats like a lot of stuff. i think u can eat white rice and regular pasta (instead of brown rice and whole wheat pasta) to gain weight but as far as increasing your lifetime i would go with the unrefined carbs.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    this guy on the right (my boss at gnc) eats about 2 hungry man a day in the off season...doesnt sound like a bad idea now does it?
    Well now we cant see his organs now can we ....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark
    Well now we cant see his organs now can we ....
    the funny thing is that he is probably one of the biggest health freaks i know....does cardio almost everyday, takes 100mg of CoQ10 everyday, takes cranberry supps, milk thistle, multi, fish oils with almost every meal...the straight fact is that if you are a hardgainer and all you care about is bulking then hungryman aint a bad idea. hell im sure there are people out there that eat hungryman and mcdonalds all day everyday and dont workout or do cardio...those are the people that should be worried.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I could attain far better, and already have actually, having never eaten one hungry man dinner.

The idea sounds moronic at best, to purposely consume product like that many times a day on purpose. Hell, prison will get you better food.

The hardgainer excuse is voodoo reasoning. There is no such thing as a hard-gainer, only different speeds of metabolism that must be addressed.

~SC~

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i could kick his ass... hungry man or not...

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    This diet is for the kid who just cant put on size to save his life. The classic ectomorphic, skinny kid who used to get his ass kicked for his lunch money. First off, if your young and have a fast metabolism right now calories os your priority, calories, calories, CALORIES!!!!!!! protien is important too, but its easier to get 200 grams of protein and 2000 calories than 200 grams of protien and 4000 calories. So here is the diet, it's pretty ****ing simple. It's designed to throw on quick mass and strength, we dont give a **** about fat because chances are if your ectomorphic you CANT get fat, you'll get puffy at times but its damn near impossible to get fat. Especially if your young. This diet is designed for somebody who is between 130-180 lbs.

breakfast- 4 scrambled eggs, 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1 yogurt

mid morning- 1 Hungry man 1lb. dinner, 1 scoop whey protien

lunch- 1/4 lb chicken breast, 2 handfulls of peanuts

mid afternoon- 1 Hungry man 1lb dinner

Train

PWO meal- 40 gram protein shake w/ dextrose

meal- 1 Hungry man 1lb. dinner, 3/4 cup mixed veggies

This is approximately 4200 calories, 250 grams of protien, and about 450 grams of carbs. It's simple. If your ectomorphic, and train hard and sleep right on this type of diet, you will not get fat, maybe not super shredded but thats not what we're doing here. This is to simply "pack it on" and get strong quick. worry about cutting later. go ahead and flame me, I can handle it.

250 grams of protein in 4200 cals. I get that on ~2400 cals on my cutter. When I start to bulk I want atleast 375 on 4000+ cals. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I could attain far better, and already have actually, having never eaten one hungry man dinner.

The idea sounds moronic at best, to purposely consume product like that many times a day on purpose. Hell, prison will get you better food.

The hardgainer excuse is voodoo reasoning. There is no such thing as a hard-gainer, only different speeds of metabolism that must be addressed.

~SC~
    i think you've been working out a lot longer, too. so that could be one reason you have a better physique. not saying you dont workout hard but he is only 24 and that pic was taken last summer. true i hate it when people say they are hardgainers and say they eat all day long then i find out they eat peanut butter sandwhiches for their meals and BS like that.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i could kick his ass... hungry man or not...
    this is a bodybuilding forum, and not a boxing forum.

What do you guys think? Should I do the hungry man diet for 8 wks and see what happens?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information