Liftnainez is offline Banned

Exclamation The EGG DEBATE Raw vs. Cooked!!

Ok fellas, I have been reading some posts and articles on eating raw eggs, and would like to come to a final conclusion..
    some say that you can eat (put into a blender and drink) raw eggs (egg whites) as long as their pasteurized.. Is this 100% true and if it is do you get the same amount of protein that would be in a cooked egg??
    Then some people say you can eat raw eggs even if their not pasteurized.. and then there are some saying you cant have raw eggs no matter what they are.. can someone who KNOWS the actual information regarding this matter chime in.. It would be great if you can pour 8 egg whites into a shake in the morning.. would save some time and cleaning.. so whats it gunna be bros??
    thanks

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    1 - Pasteurized is the absolute safest. These come in a milk carton and are not still eggs in the shell.

2 - Using actual eggs have a chance of making you sick if they have collected some bacteria, however, the chance of this is rare. Just make sure they are as fresh as possible - not close to or past the expiry date.

3 - All of this is moot because raw eggs are fvcking disgusting.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    1. you only absorb 50% of the protein in raw eggs

2. they might contain salmonella.

3. cooked eggs have no disadvantages.

case closed

ok so raw eggs even if pasteurized, only gives off 50% of the protein??

brutesinme is offline Member
    as i understand it pasturization is a low-temp cooking process, making the protein in eggs bioavailable.

What, so raw eggs don't get the same protein? I thought they would be better for you. damn I drink alot of raw eggs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Unless you want to be Rocky, I see no reason to eat slime when you can make omelettes and the like.

To each his own though. I'll cook mine to get the full bio-availability.

~SC~

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    ok so can you eat them raw? i mean do you absorb anything from it. not would you or could you...but if i ate raw eggs do i still get the nutrition from the egg?

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts to swole, why not enjoy them cooked unless under serious time constraints? I think you would have to cook the shvt out of them to denautrize them.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    ok so can you eat them raw? i mean do you absorb anything from it. not would you or could you...but if i ate raw eggs do i still get the nutrition from the egg?
    you only absorb 50% of the protein and none at all of the biotin if you eat them raw.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Since the mainstream production of whey and casein - and egg - powders... I see no reason to go through that again...

Cook the eggs - and down the powders and MRP's raw

Italian Stallion is offline Junior Member
    raw eggs contain avidin that reduces the absorption of the biotin as they are antagonist;the avidin deactives if the egg is cooked, considering the fact that biotin = b6 , i strongly suggest to cook it.
    off course you'll avoid pathologies as the salmonella if you cook your eggs

Is this effect unique to Biotin or can it stop the absorbtion of other nutrients as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Is this effect unique to Biotin or can it stop the absorbtion of other nutrients as well?
    i think this effect is unique to biotin; if the avidin is raw it embezzles vitamin H (biotin) from organism because together they form a substance that it's not absorbed by inestine.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Stallion
    i think this effect is unique to biotin; if the avidin is raw it embezzles vitamin H (biotin) from organism because together they form a substance that it's not absorbed by inestine.
    So why do folks feed raw eggs to their dogs to help with their coat... isn't biotin needed for healthy hair? My wife used to ask me to give her IM injections of Biotin and B5 for stronger, healthier hair... one of her girlfriends recommended it and she has some pretty thick, healthy hair on her head...

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt wanna choke down some unhatched chicken placenta i know its not actually placenta but its funny to me :\

miamistar is offline Junior Member

thanks liftin

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the time you took out for me to help me with my diet the other week. You have helped me start a new chapter in my life and I really thank you for that.

no prob brotha! glad i could help.. hope you break the plataue and keep us updated on your progress.. good luck miami start

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by miamistar
    I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the time you took out for me to help me with my diet the other week. You have helped me start a new chapter in my life and I really thank you for that.
    right on bro!

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    this is some great info on those raw eggs. i really never knew only 50% of the raw stuff is actually digested.

though i could never eat them raw alone, i used to blend them into a shake of skim milk, weight gainer, and whey protein. that was a long time ago, but i did that for about 6 years and never got salmonella. well, i may have got it once cause i did have a bad stomach thing one summer when no one else did, but i got over it quick. anyway, knowing what i know now, i won't bother ever eating raw egg again. great read guys. we gotta keep this bumped for a while...

So why do folks feed raw eggs to their dogs to help with their coat... isn't biotin needed for healthy hair? My wife used to ask me to give her IM injections of Biotin and B5 for stronger, healthier hair... one of her girlfriends recommended it and she has some pretty thick, healthy hair on her head...

biotin promotes growing of hair,i never told that it was false. it is common to make injection of biotin and b2,b6,b12... to fight the hairloss.
    the problem of raw eggs is the AVIDIN that hinders,as i said before, the absorption of biotin.
    i guess that folks simply feed their dogs with raw eggs because they don't want to cook them; if they would do that their dogs could get more biotin

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Stallion
    biotin promotes growing of hair,i never told that it was false. it is common to make injection of biotin and b2,b6,b12... to fight the hairloss.
    the problem of raw eggs is the AVIDIN that hinders,as i said before, the absorption of biotin.
    i guess that folks simply feed their dogs with raw eggs because they don't want to cook them; if they would do that their dogs could get more biotin
    Eeeeeeenteresting... thanks dude...

Eeeeeeenteresting... thanks dude...
    you're welcome pal

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    i wouldnt wanna choke down some unhatched chicken placenta i know its not actually placenta but its funny to me :\

not a chicken placenta....closer to a chicken's period :P

Thread Information