Oakley is offline Associate Member

Question Starting from ground up. Im so confussed...

Im so confused now....

For the past several years i have eaten what i would consider mediocre. Sometimes i would cheat... acutally all the time. My metabolism has been very high since highschool and was very very difficult to gain weight. Well im 27 now and its catching up finally. I have notice since about Oct 05 (the end of second bulk cycle) I dropped a few then has been steadily climbing upword. So im finally listening to how deit is the most important aspect of your body. yeah yeah i know...

So for the past several weeks i have been looking into eating routines. Some from 5 Meals to 10 meals a day. Consisting from just about every way possible. Reading the cutting cycle sticky since im tech a newbie when it comes to actual diets im now confused. I can stick needles in my ass, arm etc. but have a hard time eating some of the things most do not... go figure.

My question is this. Looking as to the basic diets and needing some editing to be fitted to my body how do i do this. Most of the posts up are so intriqute that most of what im reading is in stats and portions that im not sure what I should even be at.

Stats are as follows
    6'3
    115lbs
    12 % body fat <-----this is a rough guess but sure is very close if not right on

I eventually want a strict guidline in food and portions and times to eat. I also am at work from 530am till about 4-5 pm and usually hit gym around this time. I also run about 3 miles 2 times a week. part of which is concret andf the rest on we sand down the beach in Newport CA.

Again. thanks to anyone who spends time on this as I would gladly would do for someone if i knew what i was talking about.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What is it that you are asking?

Someone to make a diet for you?

This is something you should have ironed out before the "needles in the ass".

~SC~

You are 6'3" and 115 LBS???

Using gear?? WTF???

~SC~

Johnny Gotti is offline New Member
    dude 6'3 115, you need to work on your diet and not sticking shit in your ass.

ok so anyone else want to talk shit or help me out? Again my deit before was built on stuff i would eat. mostly veg's and chicken and meat. maybe i forgot to put something in or the fat % is off.

Again, no one is going to make a diet for you.

You will want to go over the posts that are stuck atop the page and come up with a plan to present to the board.

You do really weigh 115? I thought you would say it was a TYPO, but if that's true then steroids are the LAST THING you should be using!!!! That's not talking shit, that's brutal honesty!

115????? 6'3"??????

Wow........

~SC~

Venum is offline Member
    why are you eating mostly veggies? dont even worry about fat, cheating yada yada yada....bro you need carbs, calories, and ALOT of them. whenever you here someone on here telling you that juice is the last thing you should worry about, well they are right so dont get heated. its the truth. read up on bulking.

Yeah, it amazes me that he says people are "talking shit" when we merely stated the obvious.

That kind of attitude is why he is in the predicament he is in.

~SC~

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, it amazes me that he says people are "talking shit" when we merely stated the obvious.
    That kind of attitude is why he is in the predicament he is in.

~SC~
    Shit, not just stating the obvious, but trying to look out for THEIR BEST interest!!! Amazing....

Here ya go brother, if your goals are to gain mass, I will give you the best advice ever right here. Eat!!!!! Eat!!!! Eat!!!! THink about gear later when you have put on AT LEAST another 100lbs NATURALLY. Take in as much carbs and protein as you possibly can (at your weight, at least 200-250g protein, 300ish g of carbs, and 50-75g of healthy fats). Whne gains stagnate, add more!!! NAd repeat!!! Cut that cardio out for at least a few months until you start seeing soem gains and then jsut add in 1-2 days of LOW intensity cardio per week, none of that running shit, that will keep you small.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    hmm...if your height and weight is correct you should really consider going to the doctor...Ive heard of people that were actually bigger than you and had something wrong with them...some medication/dr prescribed diet may be in order...not a flame just something you may want to look into

True that, I am 6'1" and when I was 153 I was ANOREXIC and very sick.

Being 115 and only 2 inches taller must look like I was, only worse.

Not a flame, just comparing the two looks.

~SC~

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I'm confused, your profile says 6'3" and 205lbs. But either way bro, if you really weigh 115, and this is your second cycle, I can't imagine that you've gained anything from your first cycle.

Listen to SwoleCat. He's not trying to flame you, but he's been on both ends of the spectrum and knows what he's talking about. Take the advice you've been given, read the bulking stickies up top, take the needle outta your ass, and fvcking eat already.

1buffsob

Also, I don't think it's physically possible to be 6'3", 115lbs, and 12%bf. There might be something seriously wrong like newkid pointed out. When was the last time you went to the doc?
    Last edited by 1buffsob; 04-16-2006 at 05:12 PM.

215 sorry.... was with family all day... that was a mistake and I want to cut not bulk. and thanks i knew something wasnt right...

Well, that makes more sense! Now you can see why we offered the words that we did.

At least we're not going crazy here!

~SC~

yeah i was like what the hell???? im i retarded or something... i didnt catch it the first time which could be a result of my confusion. anyways. basically i just want to figure out stands of everything for my size and weight. I would like too keep the same weight but be a hell of alot more cut. So im assuming i must gain more muscle and drop fat. so with thatin mind what numbers should i be looking at. I am doubling up on my training as i feel i could be going harder in the gym. right now my cardio is somewhat saving me on the weight scale but i understand its hurting the muscle issue if im not going all out in the gym. again sorry for the typo and it shows how close you guys pay attention to people on here. Thank you thank you!!!!!

First thing to do is choose what is most important to you as an immediate goal.

Bulk or cut.

Next step would be to read the applicable "sticky" post atop the page and set-up your approach based upon the information contained within.

~SC~

thats just it. yeah i understand the concept. but what are the numbers per lb / height for cutting as opposed to bulking. what is the ideal base you stick to. maybe im just not understanding the stickys. and yes i did read them countless times.

First thing to do is choose what is most important to you as an immediate goal.

Bulk or cut.

Next step would be to read the applicable "sticky" post atop the page and set-up your approach based upon the information contained within.

~SC~

Relatively simple bro, although it does require some trial and error on your part. First have to figure out your maintainence cals using the harris benedict equations. Then shoot for roughly 500 cals under that. At your weight, I wouldn't go over 140-150g carbs a day, 1.35-1.5g of protein per lb of lbm, and remaining cals in the form of EFA's and healthy fats. Add cardio and you're good. Some like to go with 1.5-2.0g protein per lb of lbm and less fat. Like I said, that's the trial and error part. Find what works best for you.

1buffsob

HB is what most use as stated above.

From there, trial and error w/your body, recording experiences, tracking progress, making adjustments as needed, etc.

~SC~

HB is what most use as stated above.

From there, trial and error w/your body, recording experiences, tracking progress, making adjustments as needed, etc.

~SC~
    Zactly. These figures, 1.35g protein per lb lbm and blah blah blah, only serve as a starting point and/or guidlines to plan your diet around. It's the personal adjustments that will make the diet more effective as some respond differently than others.

1buffsob

Thread Information