sizzlechest is offline Member

Post work out Carbs?

Many say that PWO carbs are essential in a cutting diet as well. I've been told to take about 100 grams of carbs PWO with my Protein. But dont we want to stay away from the insulin spike during a cutting cycle? Also, I usually dont get to the gym till 7 pm and go to bed around 11 pm. Is that too late to take in that much in carbs?
    Thanks

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I take in 60-100 carbs from oatmeal...or another low gi carb...

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    I usually eat brown rice. Chopped full of ricey goodness.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

I remember 956Vette saying the search function was for more advanced users...any truth to that?...although this guy joined in 04 he is obviously not a frequenter..and his knowledge is limited compared to some who would know more exactly what to search for...no?

bcap is offline Member
    Haha Johan - priceless!

Sizzlechest - you need carbs pwo, I take in 60grams of a high gi, quick absorbing carb mixed with 1.5scoops of whey. Doesn't matter what time its at, you need it right after you workout.

If you read the cutting sticky, it says that all your carbs should be coming from pre workout and pwo shake.

true but a quick search for pwo would give alot of results. After reading that he could ask more specific questions about things that is unclear

bcap is offline Member
    Yeah there has got to be THOUSANDS of threads on here about pwo all of them saying the same thing.

Search = pure sex

(i was never good @ math)

thats true

Search = pure sex

ROFL...huh??

we need a subforum where we can put all the good threads. No one ever reads the stickies

bcap is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Search = pure sex

ROFL...huh??
    Don't ask lol - i couldn't resist.

Yeah I think there shoudl be some way that everyone, before posting a thread, is reminded/told/directed to the stickies.

anyway to answere the original dudes question

You can either

1. Do the standard 2:1 ratio. 2 grams of dextrose/maltodextrin for every gram of protein in your pwo shake. Lots of people have done this for lots of year and gotten real cut.

2. You can do a low gi approach where the pre workout carbs are the most important thing and pwo carbs are not realy a big issue. In this case you can use a low gi source of carbs in pwo like milk, apples, bananas, oats or just about anything you want.

sizzlechest is offline Member
    It amazing that i got more responses on doing a search than an actual answer. I have read the sticky and it says to take carbs and i have heard otherwise as well. i was just asking to see what others have experienced. At least thats what my post says!!

peterj is offline Junior Member
    so in one and a half years of being a member you have never seen the question crop up?

plenty of suggestions as johan states

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlechest
    It amazing that i got more responses on doing a search than an actual answer.
    Don't be offended, we refer many to the search simply because you'll find more in 20 seconds than we could offer all day here.

~SC~

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i personally find it irritating when people say "use the search"

in most cases people already have done and cant find what they are looking for

and even if they havent:

you can do a search on anavar and find 1000 posts on it - NONE of them actually giving the answer you are looking for

so if u have the time to type in "use the search"
    why not just type in the answer

you could probably use the search to answer ANY question that is asked on the board

but if that were the case the board would die cos no one would ever ask anything

sorry johan i'm on a rant

i love ya really

its true do a search

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I find the search function is not used enough for redundant questions that are asked 5 times on the first page alone of a forum.

There are like 4 million dextrose/pwo questions on the first page of the diet forum alone.

~SC~

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I find the search function is not used enough for redundant questions that are asked 5 times on the first page alone of a forum.

There are like 4 million dextrose/pwo questions on the first page of the diet forum alone.

~SC~

Amen Brother.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i personally find it irritating when people say "use the search"

in most cases people already have done and cant find what they are looking for

and even if they havent:

you can do a search on anavar and find 1000 posts on it - NONE of them actually giving the answer you are looking for

so if u have the time to type in "use the search"
    why not just type in the answer

you could probably use the search to answer ANY question that is asked on the board

but if that were the case the board would die cos no one would ever ask anything

sorry johan i'm on a rant

i love ya really

its true do a search

me too to and extent. obvious "newbies" asking dumb questions deserve to be told to use the search...duh. usually when i have a question i wait for an answer and depending on the answer will have a number of more questions about the same thing. dont get me wrong i use the search every time but it usually spits out posts from like 2003 and theres no way im going to respond to what anyone said with a question and expect to get an answer. then again what do i know, im only an associate member...

It amazing that i got more responses on doing a search than an actual answer. I have read the sticky and it says to take carbs and i have heard otherwise as well. i was just asking to see what others have experienced. At least thats what my post says!!

well I wrote out a answere aswell

Yes I see you guys gave him an answer but not the essential answer he was looking for nor that the search function could provide.

His question was if the time of his protein shake would affect his cutting cycle.

well we have indeed had atleast 10 threads I can remember where its hightlighted that it doesnt do any damage to consume carbs late in the evening. especialy not pwo.

This is just turning ridicilous. Like swole said no offence was meant at all with pointing towards the search button.

The fact is that one search can give him more info about this than I can type for a hour.

chest6 is offline Banned
    90% of the time I will do a search before I start a thread...rewording and rewording to get a good answer. 3/4 of the time I find what I am looking for..it can be a good tool..but sometimes there isn't the answer to the very specific question that needs to be asked..

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    we need a subforum where we can put all the good threads. No one ever reads the stickies
    shout out to the sticky's

they rock - if people would only take the time to read them - choc-fula-info

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i meant my post to be light hearted - didnt mean to start an argument

yeah the PWO carbs thing is CONSTANTLY being talked about and the same questions repeatedly asked

and a search would easily find the answer

but sometimes i think people are too ready to give "use the Search" as an answer cos they havent got anything decent to say

i am not refering to you here johan

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I remember 956Vette saying the search function was for more advanced users...any truth to that?...although this guy joined in 04 he is obviously not a frequenter..and his knowledge is limited compared to some who would know more exactly what to search for...no?
    I have to say I agree with this. It took me a while to first of all work out that there was a search button and then workout how to use it, you have to be very specific, and also say whether you want titles searched or the whole body of the threads. Newbies just arnt going to work that out in the early days and just telling them to use the search button without specifically telling them about how to do a productive search is pointless IMO

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    Many say that PWO carbs are essential in a cutting diet as well. I've been told to take about 100 grams of carbs PWO with my Protein. But dont we want to stay away from the insulin spike during a cutting cycle? Also, I usually dont get to the gym till 7 pm and go to bed around 11 pm. Is that too late to take in that much in carbs?
    Thanks

I took 50%dex 50%mal PWO during cutting and got good results. IMO After training your body is in desperate need for food to restore and repair. It is very unlikely that dex will be converted to fat.

Thread Information