dustyn91 is offline New Member

protien per sitting

hom much protien can you consume per meal. is there a cut off? per say if you have a couple of chicken brests with a cup of cottage cheese and a double scoop protein shake will you retain all or only partial of the protien? thanks ahead for all your help

D

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Personally, i wouldn't go over 60g of protein per meal. That's me though.

chest6 is offline Banned
    What you listed seems like a little much. I usually take in 40-70..When I eat 2 chicken breasts its usually pushing it. Comes out to around 90..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyn91
    hom much protien can you consume per meal. is there a cut off? per say if you have a couple of chicken brests with a cup of cottage cheese and a double scoop protein shake will you retain all or only partial of the protien? thanks ahead for all your help

D
    Your 'cut-off' is an individual thing.. so is how much you 'retain'. They're complicated and usually determined by facets such as digestion/absorption rate.. your body's protein turnover rate etc.

What you listed is a shitload of protein.. and i cannot foresee how you can possibly retain all of that.

I can't see how you'd be able to digest that within any feaseable time frame either.

We eat every two-three hours..

That much protein is sure to take longer than that to digest.

Narkissos

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler might be able to take that much in a meal and be okay but then again they are 300lbs with 7% body fat.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    is there a cut off? per say if you have a couple of chicken brests with a cup of cottage cheese and a double scoop protein shake will you retain all or only partial of the protien? D
    I feel bad for your colon buddy!!!! in one sitting thats a complete waste IMO!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Too much at once is worse than not enough in some instances.

~SC~

lc1987 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=dustyn91]hom much protien can you consume per meal. is there a cut off? per say if you have a couple of chicken brests with a cup of cottage cheese and a double scoop protein shake will you retain all or only partial of the protien? thanks ahead for all your help

D[/QUOTE

i heard that the max is about 60grams and people usually take that much for pwo. what you listed there is a little too much. let's see here a scoop of protein shake is usually 23g of pro so you are prolly getting about 46g of pro just on that one. a serving of cottage cheese is 1/2 cup and it's usually about 13g of pro so you are getting about 26g plus a couple of chic breast but i dunno your serving size so i wouldn't be able to list it. so far just from cottage cheese and protein shake alone you are getting 67g of protein. add your chic breast you might be getting about 75-80g of pro total in one sitting. i little too much imo.
    Last edited by lc1987; 04-28-2006 at 11:48 PM.

CENADICT is offline Associate Member

D

Well man i dont think you can take all of that. I pesonally would divide that in 2 meals. Its better for your body and pocket

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I'm surprised you aren't clearing rooms with gas with that much protein in one sitting.... too much protein for me and I smell awful...

Venum is offline Member
    I was always told that the body breaks down protein 30-40 grams every 2-3 hours

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    I was always told that the body breaks down protein 30-40 grams every 2-3 hours
    That's a blanket statement... not fact

Thread Information