RockyX is offline Senior Member

cardio & workout

I have currently been doing my 30mins of cardio daily AFTER my workouts. I'm not sure which is prefered (b4 or after), but I have been doing it after because I don't want to hinder my workout. Anyways here's the question. I have still been taking my whey w/ dextrose after I'm done I.E. immediately after my cardio. Is this being counter-productive? I have been seeing results, but thought I would ask for input. I know that the fat burning will cease once the dextrose is introduced, but I also know there is a short window for PWO nutrition. Any advice?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Ideally you need to do it separate from weights. But after would be better than before. The way your doing it would be okay if that is your only option. Maybe try taking your dex after the weights.

lc1987 is offline Associate Member
    wow this is really an interesting question because i weight lift in the morning and then come back at night for swimming. if i could do em all at once that'd be great. so if let's someone does weights then pwo with glutamine, it's ok to do cardio?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's best to seperate cardio (aerobic) training from weights (anaerobic) activity as they both accomplish different goals.

I would NEVER consume a pwo shake after working out and then do cardio, that is completely idiotic in nature. If you must, do the workout and then cardio, then consume your pwo offering. (if you cannot seperate the two which is best)

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's best to seperate cardio (aerobic) training from weights (anaerobic) activity as they both accomplish different goals.

I would NEVER consume a pwo shake after working out and then do cardio, that is completely idiotic in nature. If you must, do the workout and then cardio, then consume your pwo offering. (if you cannot seperate the two which is best)

~SC~
    wouldn't that be extremely catabolic? if it is i'll stick to ly old routine

That's what I've been doing, workout..then cardio...then shake immediately afterwards. And I would not think that it would be any more catabolic than doing cardio on an empty stomache....

so it's not catabolic to do cardio after weights? i do it on an empty stomach and i know i am losing fat but i have lost some muscles as well.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Like SC said, doing them separatley is ideal, but its best to do cardio after weights then have your PWO offering if you cannot separate them. Don't have your PWO after weights then do cardio, bad idea on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by lc1987
    so it's not catabolic to do cardio after weights? i do it on an empty stomach and i know i am losing fat but i have lost some muscles as well.
    Any time you are doing cardio on a calorie deficit you run the risk of being catabolic....not saying it CAN'T be catabolic. Just saying IMO it can't be any more catabolic than doing cardio on an empty stomache.

Thread Information