ascendant is offline Senior Member

how long does cooked chicken last?

looking to add chicken breast into my diet and just wondering if i cook it on sunday or monday in advance, will it last a full week in the fridge before going bad? if so, how long is it usually good for before it starts getting the funk?

id eat it within 4-5 days due to the lack of preservatives and the food being oxidized. With my diet i usually cook 3 days in advance my meals throughout the day. I personally wouldnt go that far ahead. This is my opinion though so others may have another.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    errr... I want to say a full week, but I've never actually made it that long before needing more.

But 5 days has not been an issue.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I dunno but Ive ate my chicken like a week or more after cooking it, in the fridge.

yeah i only grill all my meat once a week. i try to eat the beef patties within like 5 days, but the chicken will last a week. just keep it sealed up somehow. i think ziplock bags for each breast works well (to take them to work) and i also use big tupperware container things for the meat i will eat at home. but yeah a week is ok, i havent gotten sick from it.

red meat i would say not a week though

chest6 is offline Banned
    I've never gone past 3-4 days..

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    yeah i only grill all my meat once a week. i try to eat the beef patties within like 5 days, but the chicken will last a week. just keep it sealed up somehow. i think ziplock bags for each breast works well (to take them to work) and i also use big tupperware container things for the meat i will eat at home. but yeah a week is ok, i havent gotten sick from it.

red meat i would say not a week though
    thanks bro. with how much time i spend cooking and preparing my meals as it is, i was hoping i'd be able to just do this once a week. as far as your ziplock bags suggestion, that's exactly what i had in mind.

thanks as well to everyone elses input on the matter.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    just cook it and refreeze it then throw it in the microwave it takes like 30 seconds longer to heat up....i eat it as long as it looks decent...but im grimey like that.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I have 16 breasts in ziploc baggies right now. I probly wont eat em all til next week. then Ill runout.

Roid Rage is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    just cook it and refreeze it then throw it in the microwave it takes like 30 seconds longer to heat up....i eat it as long as it looks decent...but im grimey like that.
    Thats what i did... i precooked my lunches/meals... and put them in the freezer in containers. Each day before bed, i would pull one or two out and put it in the fridge so it starts defrosting. By the time i was going to eat it the next day it would be defrosted and i would just heat it up in the microwave.

-RR

Thread Information