for the past several months, i had been using boarshead coldcuts as part of one of my meals, thinking it was quick and easy. however, just started using chicken breast instead and it's so much better.

other than the obvious reason that cold cuts are processed, there's also the issue of the added water content. i'm now using 1/2lb (8oz) of chicken breast, which after it's cooked, only ends up being about 5oz. this 5oz of cooked chicken breast has more protein than 1/2lb of cold cuts. so, i'm getting even more protein from the 5oz of cooked chicken breast than i was from the 1/2lb cold cuts, plus since there's not as much of it, i can take it down quicker. this means less time eating which when bulking, is always a good thing, at least for me.

just wanted to throw this out there for anyone still using cold cuts thinking they're a good idea. those things have way too much water added to them, take way too long to eat (in comparison to the chicken breast), and unless it's boarshead, you have no idea what kind of additives they toss into it.