KAEW44 is offline Senior Member

Anti Aging doctors say NO CARBS = ALL GOOD RESULTS

I have attended the recent Anti Aging conference in Chicago and one doctor James Stoxen who is also X-UFC champs doctor and dietician for Andrei Arlovski has worked with Goldman and Klatz the two bodybuilding and exercise/steroid experts and the conclusion is that if u want to change your life and physique completly then u have got to go like Randy Couture and do that Alkaline diet. It is now scientifically proven that carbs coming from bread/rice are addictive! They make u feel bad when u miss them in any meal and u feel relaxed and releived when u do have them in a meal, they trigger an addiction in your body and they are very harmful to u and your body.

If u follow this way of eating then u will not only break the addiction and save your pancrease but u will see visible body transformation which was seen in live examples Andrei Arlovski over the last 3 years and Randy Couture also who both show up with excellent shredded physiques to all fights.
    If however u want to stick to the old fashioned bulking=eat lots of anything then go ahead man and skip this thread.

These are the basics:

1)Avoid all types of rice, bread, pasta, beans and potatoes. Ofcourse avoid fast food and fried foods. These foods cause inflammation in the body which is the main cause fo aging and illness and decrease growthhormone production in the body.

2)Wheat is not the better replacement, next time u are in subway and u think choosing wheat over white is the better choice then u are wrong because wheat is an allergen and causes deep bloating in your digestive system causing it to slow down and not function properly and even makes your gut bigger.

3)Avoid alcohol, if u cant stop drinking cause yout buddies will tease u then u are not disiplined enough to get the results u want.

4)Less red meat, it causes the inflammation effect and decreases growth hormone . It does have high protein but its actually more harm than good.

5)Fish oil+Flax oil = Anti-inflammation. Dont worry about how much to take, u can take up to 7000mg of cholesterol free fish oils a day without a problem they will only help your health. Flax is good before u go to sleep and also both of these help your body utilize protein better.

6)Isopure zero carb protein is ranked on top with sports doctors and anti aging scientists. (I am not getting paid by isopure....i wish)

7)Get your carbs from vegatables. You only think they arent sufficient because your carb addicted brain tells u that u need bread and pasta, dont listen to it!

8)Eat more fish, tuna is a great source of protein. The only disadvantage to fish is that the oceans are polluted and u will probably be able to tell temperature with all the mercury u ingest, but still it beats red meat anyday in health.

9)NO sweets, no candy, do desserts....no sugar unless its fruit and even then be moderate with high sugary fruits.

10)Be selective with dairy, cottage cheese is the better bang for the buck when it comes to protein for example.

11)Divide your daily diet so that u consume more protein at night because your body needs it to rebuild while sleeping. Ofcourse when bodybuilding get your supply of it pre/post workout also.

I know alot of this is already known but for those who want to try it beleive me it is worth it making the change and making this your diet always and u will see the difference without having to work as hard with the exercise. I have been on it for 5 weeks because i have been working with stoxen even before the conference and already i see i difference in fat percentage and energy and muscle definition. Seeing the pics of COuture and Arlovski made me a beleiver. The first two weeks were hell and i almost broke many times, it was hard, i didnt know what was left i can eat? but then i worked around it, i usually do roadwork in the morning, then i have a protein shake and fruit in the morning. Tuna, salad, grilled chicken breasts, cottage cheese, salmon, catfish, shellfish, and alot more salad. Ok its still hard to get variety but i use protein shake to fill in the voids.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    are those ufc fighters on keto diet even when fighting? No carb load before matches?

zaneisgreat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    If however u want to stick to the old fashioned bulking=eat lots of anything then go ahead man and skip this thread.
    1. I should have skipped this thread
    2. Im gonna defend my 'old fashioned bulking' but i cant stress enough that i am NOT a dietician or biochemist.
    3. I will use a lot of anecdotal evidence. Please consider it but keep in mind that i dont cite any scientific sources.

1)Avoid all types of rice, bread, pasta, beans and potatoes. Ofcourse avoid fast food and fried foods. These foods cause inflammation in the body which is the main cause fo aging and illness and decrease growthhormone production in the body.
    Carb restriction is obviously a great strategy for cutting. However, for a bulk, optimal muscle growth occurs with diets rich in carbohydrates. No, im not talking about eating a ridiculous amount of rice or anything but you see countless 40%carb/40%protein/20%Fat (give or take a few % of course) diets that are extremely successful for bulks. Carbs are necessary for anabollism and the carb sources you listed are not extremely bad. Brown rice = sometimes ok. Wheat bread = sometimes ok. (wheat)Pasta = sometimes ok. Beans = ok. Potatoes = ok. Carbs is all about moderation and i think most people would agree. About the anti-aging part, please cite written scientific evidence if you are able to.
    2)Wheat is not the better replacement, next time u are in subway and u think choosing wheat over white is the better choice then u are wrong because wheat is an allergen and causes deep bloating in your digestive system causing it to slow down and not function properly and even makes your gut bigger.
    Bodybuilders should not go to subway. Period. For some reason, people do not classify subway as fast food when you get a huge piece of bread stuffed with a little bit of meat. The 'wheat' bread you speak of at subway is not from a whole wheat source. Perhaps youre right but i think the allergen mentioned might be fiber.... Either way, i highly doubt anyone would recieve a huge, permanent gut from eating wheat bread.
    4)Less red meat, it causes the inflammation effect and decreases growth hormone. It does have high protein but its actually more harm than good.
    I strongly disagree with this. Of all evidence i ask for, i would like to see something that states this. A Semi-lean cut of meat is priceless to me on a bulk. High protein + some saturated fat = awesome support for hormone levels.... Im convinced that the very opposite is true of what you mentioned. Steak = Anabolic gold.

6)Isopure zero carb protein is ranked on top with sports doctors and anti aging scientists. (I am not getting paid by isopure....i wish)
    Solid, but expensive product. Its not a miracle, antiaging protein by anymeans but if you can afford it, then by all means purchase it. Obviously, nothing beats a well balanced diet.

7)Get your carbs from vegatables. You only think they arent sufficient because your carb addicted brain tells u that u need bread and pasta, dont listen to it!
    You stated how the carbs from sources listed above are bad. Im not necessarily disagreeing with you but im wondering why YOU think that vegetable sources should be sooo readily prefered.

8)Eat more fish, tuna is a great source of protein. The only disadvantage to fish is that the oceans are polluted and u will probably be able to tell temperature with all the mercury u ingest, but still it beats red meat anyday in health.
    Fish etc is by all means quality protein sources. What i dont get is why you suggest that Fish is so substantially better than red meat. Eating fish isnt gonna make you OR break you. Fish is good... ill leave it at that.

10)Be selective with dairy, cottage cheese is the better bang for the buck when it comes to protein for example.
    What im trying to stress is moderation. If you are able to balance things out, then by all means, eat dairy. For example, on a bulk, i need a huge amount of clean calories. Skim milk has an excelent protein/carb ratio so i dominate it like its my job.
    [/QUOTE]

I am not addicted to carbs. I am NOT a emotionally attached to food. I am not going to let a craving that can easily be quelled by simply eating (anything , even clean food) control me. I am a bodybuilder.

Honestly, im just trying to promote a healthy discussion here.

slimsc is offline Junior Member
    Great read...

Sssc

Here is more info on the Dr:
    http://www.teamdoctors.org/
    Last edited by slimsc; 07-25-2006 at 05:48 AM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I was reading an article in August’s fitness RX, about starvation actually causing one to live a longer life.

It stated something to the effect that the long term damage caused by "free radicals" accumulates, and even though it’s a necessary function during energy production and all the short term damage is repaired by the cell, the long term damage accumulates and causes stress on our entire system.

Along with suggesting to take antioxidants to combat the free radicals Vitimin C & E – They also suggested starvation, (I think they meant more of a calorie restricted diet, but they used the term starvation.)

I don’t really know enough about this stuff, but I have been looking on the net the last few days because it’s kind of interesting.

IronAdam is offline Member
    A zero carb diet will leave you flatter and weaker than a diet including complex carbs. You've been on it 5 weeks right? Your fat loss should be stagnating right now. I've never been able to continue fat loss for longer than a month a keto diet. And they've always made me feel irritable, flat and weak. I don't believe all carbs should be avoided especially for an extremely active individual.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I could do everything there - except giving up red meat and dairy - I love steak.

I love sweets too, but i am sure i could survive - but less steak.. Not sure about....

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    I was reading an article in August’s fitness RX, about starvation actually causing one to live a longer life.

It stated something to the effect that the long term damage caused by "free radicals" accumulates, and even though it’s a necessary function during energy production and all the short term damage is repaired by the cell, the long term damage accumulates and causes stress on our entire system.

Along with suggesting to take antioxidants to combat the free radicals Vitimin C & E – They also suggested starvation, (I think they meant more of a calorie restricted diet, but they used the term starvation.)

I don’t really know enough about this stuff, but I have been looking on the net the last few days because it’s kind of interesting.
    yupp low kcal diets extend lifespan. Atleast in mice. I think its hard to say for sure if it does so in humans aswell.

But that would be a boring life to live

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan

But that would be a boring life to live
    you know it

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    People still love to believe in the carb boogey monster......

I still find it amusing.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    People still love to believe in the carb boogey monster......

I still find it amusing.

i know, 2 years ago if you told me i was gonna be on the diet i am now and still stay under 10% BF i whould have laughed at you, i you to do the low carb mytholgy diets thay work for a short time but its just not something i agree with any more.

This isnt supposed to be a bulking or cutting diet, this is supposed to be a complete change in lifestyle that is proven to improve your health. The old fashioned bulker cycle does work if your goal is to gain a large amount of mass in a short time, but this isnt about that, this is about a change...a new start...u wake up one day and u tell yourself thats it i'm gonna make my life healthier and i'm gonna break the addiction. You go grocery shopping and u try to get creative and u do it and the results will show.

This isnt a cutting diet so u could look good on the beach in 5 weeks, if u want to do that then do the traditional cutting.

Once again i stress this is a total change of lifestyle and two people i look up to (Arlovski and Couture) are living on this diet and u can look at their before and after pics if u just look up their old fights (2-3 years ago) compared to their new fights where they appear superhuman.

I'm going to stay with my mom later this summer and its gonna break her heart that i wont eat her rice and bread, but i need to do this for at least 6 months and show before and after pics...actually thats a good idea i will take pics as i progress and post them. Training is the same, just the new diet.

chest6 is offline Banned
    0 carbs....what a great idea. Get all your carbs from vegetables..? A lot of veggies are mostly fiber..which have no caloric impact anyway..

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    see thast why i don't listen to docs, they have no clue, look at italians that live in italy, plenty of carbs n wine, all skinny and live very long.......

moderation is key.........

zaneisgreat is offline Associate Member
    u wake up one day and u tell yourself thats it i'm gonna make my life healthier and i'm gonna break the addiction.
    I think you are preaching to the wrong crowd! I think it is safe to say that the members of this forum demonstrate a huge degree of self control when it comes to dieting. Almost nobody here wakes up everyday thinking "OMG gimee carbs i need bread + rice omg".

Also, you keep saying that this lifestyle is proven to be superior. I would like to see this proof.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    if this diet works for ufc fighters then great....this board primarily helps out those that want to either bodybuild or powerlift to some degree. In these cases carbs are your friends...... who wants to look like tim sylivia anyway?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Carbs are not the enemy, ignorance about them however is.

~SC~

Im not at all opposed to low carb diets. From personal experience I know I get more energy and more strenght if I get rid of most of the carbs in my diet. But I also know its not for everyone.

But I dont think limiting fruits for instance is a good idea. Any diet that limits fruits is a bad diet imo.

I dont se why red meat is bad. Saturated fats are not bad in anyway.
    Red meat is rich in b vitamins and some minerals. I think its one of the greatest myths ever that red meat is somehow unhealthy. Shit we evolved eating red meat. Im sure we hunted way before we started fishing. If anything makes me sceptical it is when something humans have been eating for millenia is all of a sudden unhealthy.

KAEW can you give me some more info on this? Like does anyone of those people like stoxen have a homepage with more details about the diet or antiaging in general?

They have a conference about 20 of them around the world each year and about 4 of those are in the US, basically like a 3 day conference with booths for breakthrough products and a big hall for non stop lectures and plenty of stuff. Also workshops. The next ones this year are in vegas and in china.
    Stoxen has his website but its just for his clinic, it does have case stories for athletes he worked with www.teamdoctors.org , his exercises are just his like diets, hated by bodybuilders but they are miracles for athletes because he told me to do specific exercises that will make me punch harder and faster and while i was working on them i would think "what the hell is this?" but i swear one month after i told him i will shut up and just do as he sais because he knows what he's doing and he can rebuild u.
    I heard from him after reading how he helped Andrei Arlovski with his diet and also with his rotator cuff injuries and a broken hand which kept breaking everytime he faught. I saved up money and went to see stoxen i just walked into his office one day and he walked in angry and said "take off your shoes", i kicked them off and he gave me an angry look and said dont ever wear these shoes again!....i was again thinking "this guy has issues" but he basically rebuilt me from the bottom up because i thought i would never compete again and he spent more hands on time working on deep tissue to remove pain than any physical therapy or doctor i visited in the past, he taught me how to walk and run all over again, and i am thankful for that because ofcourse i feel the difference and i am stronger and i have better posture and support and no pain and more energy, so when he told me what to eat i'm not about to tell him "oh no buddy u are wrong here".
    I was doubting him when he made me wear ugly shoes and when he made me do weird exercises which i never saw a bodybuilder do, and also when i was screaming in pain and thinking what the FU#k is he doing when he did all the deep tissue work. But the results were that i am a better athlete and i am not in pain or in injuries anymore. So if he tells me to eat dog poop i will just shut up and slurp it.

Thread Information