tiger909 is offline Senior Member

HELP my friend get a 6 pack! PICS INCLUDED!

ok well this is for a friend...

Hes 6'1, 205lbs, 16% body fat 23 yrs old. He is pretty well trained at the gym and been goin at it for about 4 months now. He is pretty satisfied with his size but he is interested in getting ripped and lean..gettin down to maybe 8-9% bf. But his diet needs help. He stays away from things he shouldnt be eating but he doesnt have an actual diet to follow and thats what im here for.

First his workout consists of about an hour or hour and a half or so of weight training. And after his work outs he does 20-35 min of cardio on the elyptical or inclined walking Usually does 20-25 min elyptical than 10 min of walking or sometimes just 30 min of elyptical. He does the weigh training + cardio about 4-6 times a week.

His diet looks something like this

10am-2-3 eggs
    12pm-protein shake
    2pm-carbs
    3pm-Broiled white rice with meat ( This guy is arab and eats White rice almost everyday)
    --workout--protein shake right after
    7pm-tuna or chicken and/or carbs

It doesnt look to great i know but thats what hes doin. He also takes about 5-10 glutamine everyday usually after the workout with the protein shake. He Takes the ***** 3-6-9 fatty oils twice a day morning and night. And a all day vitamin everyday. He was plannin on takin winni with some test but i told him to hold on untill his diet was set straight so maybe in about 2-4 months or so. But his main course meals usually always consists of rice with some salad and some protein. 2 days out of the week he eats broiled salmon or any other kinds of fish. He stays away from soda/candy/fast food as best but everyone cheats...and he does spurge once a week or so. As you can see from the pics he doesnt look too bad but he needs some fat loss he has pretty amazing genes...these pics are 2 and half months and before that he had practically nothing he was at 220 prolly 20+%bf..All natural... ANY INFORMATION WILL BE HELPFULL for him whether it be in the diet or excerice.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us]

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Hell I aint buying beer for noone, he wants a fvcking six pack let him dish out the $6.99!!!!

Jk

1-The diet needs work and you probably know where to begin??

2- post his workout, sounds like he might be overtraining.

I think thats less than 16% JMO...

lol...to be honest he doesnt like beer...he trains 1 body part a day.

CHest
    Arms
    Shoulders
    Back
    Legs
    Abs and calves three times a week
    and he is 16% for sure he got that sound wave thing done to em a couple days ago...its hard to tell when hes flexing tho

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    If thats a pic of the dude he aint 16% bf thats for sure, he is closer to 11-12% IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    lol...to be honest he doesnt like beer...he trains 1 body part a day.

CHest
    Arms
    Shoulders
    Back
    Legs
    Abs and calves three times a week
    and he is 16% for sure he got that sound wave thing done to em a couple days ago...its hard to tell when hes flexing tho
    They are about as reliable as a twelve year old condom !!!!

really? but ya thats what i was thinkin he was at like 12% till the guy tested em.... hmm ok well still he wants to loose BF and get cut thats the main thing

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    kale give me that titties!!!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yeah 16% is pushing it. he is more around 12% at max, if he wants abbs its better diet and morning cardio, or since he just works one body part per day have him do 20 mins PWO cardio.

AleX-69 is offline Member
    1) try to reduce the carbs in his diet somehow. (even though he loves his precious rice )

2) Up the protein intake.

3) Let him do cardio PWO (or in the AM b4 breakfast) at least 4 times a week.

4) Increase cardio duration on a weekly basis starting at 30min. Increase the duration by at least 5 min every week. Do no more than 45min cardio at once. Split the cardio sessions into two (one in the am and one PWO) but don't fall under 30min for one session (so if you therotically would reach the 50min mark split it up into two 30min cardio sessions).

These are only some general guidelines and what i have found out works best for me. If you want a more specific advice on the diet part post his exact diet and macro-ratios so we can help you out.

goose is offline Banned
    Just like most things related to the human body, Gentics play a big part in getting a 6 pack.Shifting iron is a proven to help raise your metabolism and build up muscle mass,including the all important rectus abdominis.Why are 100 meter runners the most ripped guys around? Well they follow interval training,sprinting is a high intesity workout,burning more calories and raising metabolism,it develops your muscles (and abs) in a manner mild cardio can`t.Don`t stress out!!! It has been proven that high levels of the stress hormone cortisol packs abb fat on.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    I'd say 11%...16% you see no sign of abs; his seem somewhat visible.

Diets not good but definitely can we worked on....tell him to write down EVERYTHING he puts in his mouth with macros.

Honestly, I would probly start clean bulking if I were him (he is a decent sign now) and just put on some major mass and then truly cut come spring.

Ok ill advise him to cut some of the carbs. So doin cardion in the AM and PWO will be his best strategy u think? so like 20 min of running in morning and 30 min pwo would be good?

If he was to do 10-15 minutes of sprints would that help him better or worse than lets say 20-30 min of jogging.

he said he was happy with his size for now he doesnt wanna get BB size so hes satisfied...Cutting is his issue and ill try to get the macros for you guys

Ok ill advise him to cut some of the carbs. So doin cardion in the AM and PWO will be his best strategy u think? so like 20 min of running in morning and 30 min pwo would be good?

If he was to do 10-15 minutes of sprints would that help him better or worse than lets say 20-30 min of jogging.
    i would ease into it. For the first week 30min PWO (or in the AM) will suffice. Then up the cardio weekly.

Concerning your other question. I tried the HIIT approach and didn't like it. What you do is sprint all out for a short duration (15-30sec) then fall back into a slow jogging tempo for 30sec (if i recall correctly) and go all out again. Do that for 15 min and thats it. Well some people claim that thermogenesis after HIIT sessions is greatly elevated and that your bodys metabolisim is stimulated. That may be true...
    For me it the results were not as good as with traditional PWO cardio. Moreover low intesity cardio is by far less demanding than 15min HIIT.. (i even had to vomit during or after HIIT sessions..)

well he has been doing a PWO cardio for 20-35 min the past 2-3 months and he said he cant seem to get rid of that lower gut...so it must be diet than?

most certainly yes. + up the cardio as you suggested already.

how about this....tuesday, thursday, sat, and sun he does cardio AM and PWO than like a day just PWO...wat that be fine? cause thats wat fits his schedule

HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Your "friend" should get on here and research himeself

Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain
    Your "friend" should get on here and research himeself
    lol, i gotta admit something fellas....

my friend asked me to writ up a diet for him...i told him no way im eligible, so i gave him my password and let him post here....those pics are of him not me....

regardless, id appreciate it if u guys would still help him out

kman is offline Anabolic Member

IMO carbs are nothing to shy away from here. If anything he is not having enough. I saw none with his breakfast, and none with his PWO. Many bro's here cut with carbs. I agree with morning cardio, but I think his diet needs to be tweaked more than anything for the abs to start showing more. Look at the cutting sticky..

how many carbs are we lookin at here? and what are some good carbs

how many carbs are we lookin at here? and what are some good carbs
    Oatmeal for breakfast with some sort of protein, egg whites would be great. Other good sources of carbs are brown rice, yams,brocolli, etc. The list goes on. I would look into a better PWO plan for him aswell.

Here is the cutting sticky. Get him to give this a try UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

kronickid88 is offline New Member
    He = you.

Ain't fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kronickid88
    He = you.

Ain't fooling anyone.
    Pointless post bro..

ricogl40 is offline Junior Member
    definitely not 16 %

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by kronickid88
    He = you.

Ain't fooling anyone.

he also has over 1000 posts..i dont think he would just now be asking for help

Thread Information