Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41
    Chad B's Avatar
    Chad B is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    277
    so this is my question to all the guys with blue and green names

    What digest slower a pro/carb meal or a pro/fat ?

    would the slower one be better before bed?

    What do you practice before bed p/fat or p/carb? and why?

    thank you

  2. #42
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,326
    I do a Prot/carb/fat meal before bed when cutting.
    Ex: Salmon w/broccoli or spinach salad.
    Steak w/green beans
    Both Prot/carb/fat (fiber helps slow absorbtion as well).

    Sometimes I'll go with Cottage cheese/eggwhites/ANPB. (prot/carb/fat)

    Again your total macros at the end of the day are what counts most and your choices of food before bed and your goals obviously will make a difference.

  3. #43
    AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennslyvania
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Takahashi Y, Kipnis D M & Daughaday W H. Growth hormone secretion during sleep

    "...young adults a remarkable peak of GH
    secretion occurs about one hour after the
    onset of deep sleep. This GH secretion is
    clearly entrained with the onset of deeper
    levels of sleep and not with discernible
    metabolic stimuli."

    The results of this study were clear. The early period of deep sleep in young adults isassociated with a major peak of growth
    hormone secretion unassociated with
    detectable changes in plasma glucose, fatty
    acid, insulin, or cortisol concentration



    Some aspects of circadian variations of carbohydrate metabolism and related hormones in man

    Plasma growth hormone (GH), insulin , cortisol, and glucose were measured during sleep on 38 nights in eight young adults. Blood was drawn from an indwelling catheter at 30-min intervals; EEG and electrooculogram were recorded throughout the night. In seven subjects, a plasma GH peak (13-72 mμg/ml) lasting 1.5-3.5 hr appeared with the onset of deep sleep. Smaller GH peaks (6-14 mμg/ml) occasionally appeared during subsequent deep sleep phases. Peak GH secretion was delayed if the onset of sleep was delayed. Subjects who were awakened for 2-3 hr and allowed to return to sleep exhibited another peak of GH secretion (14-46 mμg/ml). Peak GH secretion was not correlated with changes in plasma glucose, insulin, and cortisol. The effects of 6-CNS-active drugs on sleep-related GH secretion were investigated. Imipramine (50 mg) completely abolished GH peaks in two of four subjects, whereas chlorpromazine (30 mg), phenobarbital (97 mg), diphenylhydantoin (90 mg), chlordiazepoxide (20 mg), and isocarboxazid (30 mg) did not inhibit GH peaks. Altered hypothalamic activity associated with initiation of sleep results in a major peak of growth hormone secretion unrelated to hypoglycemia or changes in cortisol and insulin secretion
    that is all absolutly true. but these are with young adults. From ages 15-20 is the high end of your GH secretion. Most ppls pituitary at that age is gonna be spittin out GH no matter what, and yes probably regardles of glucose/insulin etc. At that age the body is most likely gonna have its GH pulses when and how it damn well wants too. But a good majority of us are past 23 y/o.

    I think that was an excellent post though

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    i remember swolecat saying he eats like 15 egg whites and some flax oil before bed. seems like he always chooses a pro/fat before bed

    Not everything Swolecat does/did is some sort of golden rule, the guy has a great physique dont get me wrong, but he didnt compete on any level that was different from many of the other members on the board, he just marketed himself more with his "swolegenics"????

  5. #45
    AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennslyvania
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Not everything Swolecat does/did is some sort of golden rule, the guy has a great physique dont get me wrong, but he didnt compete on any level that was different from many of the other members on the board, he just marketed himself more with his "swolegenics"????
    does he still come on here?

  6. #46
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,326
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Not everything Swolecat does/did is some sort of golden rule, the guy has a great physique dont get me wrong, but he didnt compete on any level that was different from many of the other members on the board, he just marketed himself more with his "swolegenics"????
    Agreed, and at that he was in a few M&F's. That's not a great accomplishment.. He wasn't sponsored by anyone that I know of.

    People did seem to have weird obsessions with him.

  7. #47
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Great, well I've taken nutrition as well. And some of the basical principals are what I stated below. There is never a time where your body runs on one select macro, sorry it doesn't happen, look it up if you'd like.
    Zackly.

    If it were that simple.. we'd be effortlessly ripped and shredded..and huge year round. "Consume protein here.. consume carbs here.. oh boy..it's like magic!!"

    Fact of the matter is that anabolism/catabolism is a continuos process..an ebb and flow of building and breaking down. Metabolic processes are on-going..whatever is there to be utilised at the point in time will be utitlised.

    It's the cardio timing paradigm.

    Pundits cry down any cardio regime not planned around a.m. cardio on an empty stomach: "If it isn't a.m. ...it doesn't work!" they say.

    Tell that to the thousands of shredded fitness models who do cardio pwo.. or mid-afternoon.. or at some other random time. After a meal etc.

    I believe in 24-hour nutrition. I've said this before.

    Do i eat carbs before bed? Yes

    Has it curtailed my fat loss? lmao.. apparently not.

    Nark

  8. #48
    Columbus's Avatar
    Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,169
    Nark - can I ask what your prebed recipe is?

  9. #49
    Giants11's Avatar
    Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Zackly.

    If it were that simple.. we'd be effortlessly ripped and shredded..and huge year round. "Consume protein here.. consume carbs here.. oh boy..it's like magic!!"

    Fact of the matter is that anabolism/catabolism is a continuos process..an ebb and flow of building and breaking down. Metabolic processes are on-going..whatever is there to be utilised at the point in time will be utitlised.

    It's the cardio timing paradigm.

    Pundits cry down any cardio regime not planned around a.m. cardio on an empty stomach: "If it isn't a.m. ...it doesn't work!" they say.

    Tell that to the thousands of shredded fitness models who do cardio pwo.. or mid-afternoon.. or at some other random time. After a meal etc.

    I believe in 24-hour nutrition. I've said this before.

    Do i eat carbs before bed? Yes

    Has it curtailed my fat loss? lmao.. apparently not.

    Nark
    Huh?????

    But you're fat
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

    ***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

  10. #50
    DNoMac's Avatar
    DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    so this is my question to all the guys with blue and green names

    What digest slower a pro/carb meal or a pro/fat ?

    would the slower one be better before bed?

    What do you practice before bed p/fat or p/carb? and why?

    thank you
    pro/fat is slower. I usually have pro/fat before bed (maybe with a neglibigle amount of carbs), but since I began bulking, I've been practicing different dieting principles thats why I'm asking this question. Many people go along with popular beliefs like not mixing macros, so I wanted to try these things myself. I could never figure out why people were so against carbs before bed. I suppose the only reason would be to have fat to slow digestion. Thanks for the replies bros

  11. #51
    Giants11's Avatar
    Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,714
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    that is all absolutly true. but these are with young adults. From ages 15-20 is the high end of your GH secretion. Most ppls pituitary at that age is gonna be spittin out GH no matter what, and yes probably regardles of glucose/insulin etc. At that age the body is most likely gonna have its GH pulses when and how it damn well wants too. But a good majority of us are past 23 y/o.

    I think that was an excellent post though
    Yup I think that is a very good point.

    I think that HGH is a tad overrated though. I mean look at BB's that use it at Suprphysiological levels. Even then its not shown to be that anabolic . Anti-Catabolic yes, but you run a HGH cycle only and you're not talking about gaining a tremendous amout of mass. Most HGH users that I know actually don't think that HGH does all that much in terms of LBM. No its fat loss and healing properties as well as its overall effect on ones body are the main reason suer supplement with it.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

    ***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

  12. #52
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Huh?????

    But you're fat


    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Nark - can I ask what your prebed recipe is?
    @recipe

    You guys really make eating too difficult.

    I calculate my total daily kcal allotment.. split it equally over each meal..eating more or less the same thing at equal intervals tru out the day.. all day.. everyday.

    That's it.

    Narkissos

  13. #53
    Columbus's Avatar
    Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos




    @recipe

    You guys really make eating too difficult.

    I calculate my total daily kcal allotment.. split it equally over each meal..eating more or less the same thing at equal intervals tru out the day.. all day.. everyday.

    That's it.

    Narkissos
    Nah, im with yo bro..just sometimes I get sick of the typical casein and flax or egg whites and flax.....always looking for a change of spice!

  14. #54
    Chad B's Avatar
    Chad B is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Agreed, and at that he was in a few M&F's. That's not a great accomplishment.. He wasn't sponsored by anyone that I know of.

    People did seem to have weird obsessions with him.
    Why were people obsessed with him, or as I see it liked him very much? Because he befriended many, always calling them brother. He put the haters in there place with stern rebukes. He stuck up for the downtrodden. Yada,yada,yada

    I**mfkr, your a cool cat, I think I am getting obsesed with you..

  15. #55
    AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennslyvania
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Yup I think that is a very good point.

    I think that HGH is a tad overrated though. I mean look at BB's that use it at Suprphysiological levels. Even then its not shown to be that anabolic. Anti-Catabolic yes, but you run a HGH cycle only and you're not talking about gaining a tremendous amout of mass. Most HGH users that I know actually don't think that HGH does all that much in terms of LBM. No its fat loss and healing properties as well as its overall effect on ones body are the main reason suer supplement with it.
    for sure.

    i dont think GH is super anabolic , especially by itself. I would never even bother throwing it in a bulkin cycle. a cutter maybe. But even then, winstrol or var would be better for fat loss for the buck.

  16. #56
    Giants11's Avatar
    Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,714
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    for sure.

    i dont think GH is super anabolic, especially by itself. I would never even bother throwing it in a bulkin cycle. a cutter maybe. But even then, winstrol or var would be better for fat loss for the buck.
    Tren brother, Tren!

    King of all drugs.

    But the damn acne is killer
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

    ***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

  17. #57
    kronickid88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19
    i would never eat carbs before bed unless it is a pwo offering. Those w/slow metabolisms who lean more toward the endomorph side usually practice this.

  18. #58
    24labor's Avatar
    24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Autobot City
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    You guys really make eating too difficult.

    I calculate my total daily kcal allotment.. split it equally over each meal..eating more or less the same thing at equal intervals tru out the day.. all day.. everyday.

    That's it.

    Narkissos
    same here especially while bulking I just eat and eat

  19. #59
    Columbus's Avatar
    Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,169
    What is considered before bed for most? I finishish my training at 630 and am usually crashed out by 9pm.......so I have a pw shake at 630 and some fast carbs, then some complex carbs at 730.....then usually a pro/fat meal at 9 or whenever I wake up 11-12?

  20. #60
    realjo1000 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    168
    i'm curious about this debate too, personally i think i bulk better with carbs pre-bed but i'm not sure if i gained fat from that or muscle. it's a thin line. by carbs, i took milk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •