monkeyboy1215 is offline Junior Member

Hard boiled Eggs: Good or Bad?

I am trying to get a good diet started and I was wondering if hardboiled eggs are as beneficial as say scrambled egg whites?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Same as scrambled whites. Just throw out the yolk.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Or u can keep the yolk for fat

thats what l though. Thanx

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member
    would the yolks work good for an everyday fat source for your pro/fat meals?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    I use them 7 days a week.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    yolks are good for the good cholesterol helps remove bad,the more eggs are cooked the longer it takes your body to use the protein,have them raw i have 5 in a glass beaten with small amount of milk and tiny amount of vanilla essence mmmmmmmmmm

RickGix is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta
    yolks are good for the good cholesterol helps remove bad,the more eggs are cooked the longer it takes your body to use the protein,have them raw i have 5 in a glass beaten with small amount of milk and tiny amount of vanilla essence mmmmmmmmmm

So drinking raw egg whites allows your body to more quickly use the protien? what is the average protien in one egg white? and excuse me for the newb question..i understand muscles need protien to grow but have the protien absorbed more quickly benefits you how? thxs

stlhrse is offline Junior Member
    Auslifta, do you do that for your PWO protien?

RickGix is offline New Member
    lookin for an answer bumpity

I have donethe raw egg thing and I dont care for it too much but if thats what it takes the I guess its time to man up.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy1215
    I have donethe raw egg thing and I dont care for it too much but if thats what it takes the I guess its time to man up.
    This is not "what it takes"... cook your eggs and be safe, no diet is worth any possibility of getting salmonella or food poisoning. Eating raw eggs is an old-school move that people have strayed away from as their knowledge of diets has improved.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickGix
    So drinking raw egg whites allows your body to more quickly use the protien? what is the average protien in one egg white? and excuse me for the newb question..i understand muscles need protien to grow but have the protien absorbed more quickly benefits you how? thxs
    not sure for just the egg white, i know theres 6grams of protein in a whole egg.

Jakspro is offline Member
    roughly 3 in a white

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    This is not "what it takes"... cook your eggs and be safe, no diet is worth any possibility of getting salmonella or food poisoning. Eating raw eggs is an old-school move that people have strayed away from as their knowledge of diets has improved.

i couldn't agree more.

also, through a lot of research, i found that cooked eggs remove a natural substance that prevents the absorbtion of some of the protein from the egg whites.

so for an EXAMPLE:
    say whole a raw egg has 6 grams of protein, and a cooked or hard boiled only has five. your body can only absorb 50% of protein from the raw egg whereas it can absorb 90%+ from the cooked one

that means you will only be able to absorb 3 grams of protein from the original 6, from the raw egg. while you can absorb around 4.5 grams of protein from the original 5 with the cooked egg.

i eat eggs 7 days a week. at the minimum i will have 3-4 whole hard boiled eggs at one sitting. at the most, 6 whole fried eggs. i rarely through the yolk away. i'd rather have 4 whole eggs as appose to 7 or 8 egg whites anyday. but that's just me.

donberry427 is offline Associate Member
    I eat egg beaters, safe, and my body absorbs all protien...add choco and its like chocolate milk

Thread Information