Thread: additivies?

Buildingmuscle is offline Associate Member

additivies?

For the most part do most of you eat everything plain or do you use addivtives in your food, like smart butter, salt, pepper and so on..
    For the past few years I have been eating everything plain, I bake or grill my chicken nothing on it, my rice I just boil, scramble egg whites, plain oatmeal..

Or is it ok to for example add smart butter and some splenda to your oatmeal for flavor,, and would it be ok to cook my brown rice in low sodium chicken broth.

what do you guys suggest...

thanks,,,

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Yes it's ok to add those low/no calorie items you suggested. I wouldn't be able to stick to my diet if it weren't for seasonings, hot sauce and soy sauce.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    i can't live without my hot sauce!

moush is offline Senior Member
    splenda, cinnamon, reduced sugar ketchup, wasabi sauce, horseradish sauce, mustard, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder

i tend to stay away from things with too much salt and i dont add salt to my foods plus i drink 3 gallons of water a day.

Buildingmuscle is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the replies, seems like a person gets to doing the same thing for so long and they dont know if its a good idea to change or not, I know eating plain food all the time sure gets old, lol.

thinking about adding in a little flavor is making me hungry going to go fix something..

thanks alot guys,,

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    i use it all, and add salt all the time, i don't hold much water cause of work... but all those ingerdients are fine,
    whip cream in a can is a great trick too...

Thread Information