Slaiv is offline Banned

Carbohydrate Question.....

when i want some variety in my morning carbs, ill switch from either 1/2 cup of blended Quaker Oats with water so i can chug it down to 1/2 of Grapenuts Cereal which is very good too!!

but today something caught my attention..... Next to the Post Grapenuts I saw Kellogs all fiber cereal!

so of course naturally i compared the 2 to see whats better, and i came to conclusion that the kellogs if way better. Here are some key things that caught my attention

Grapenuts

Fat - 1g
    Carbs - 43g
    dietary - 6g
    sugar - 4g
    other - 33g
    Protein - 9g

All Fiber

Fat - 1g
    Carbs - 20g
    dietary - 13g
    sugar - 0g
    other 6g
    Protein - 6g

so now here is my question.... im watching my carbs, keep in mind that i am rying to lose bf%, lean/cut up and more defined. So obviously he lesser carbs cereal will b a better choice, but does it matter that from the All Fiber 13g of its carbs are from Fiber? shouldnt fiber be eaten at the end of your workout? or at least toward the end of day in the form of dark green vegies (ex: brocol., romain lettuce, cucumber, green bell etc..)?

Can i have fiber in the morning as a form of carbs? or do i have to rely on another source for my morning intake?

i like to add 1/2 scoop of whey chocolate to my small bowl of either cereal as to hide that nasty grass/healthy cereal taste it has.

But can you guys help me out here? should i not eat fiber carbs mostly in the morning? or it doesnt matter? carbs is carbs no matter how and where u get it from?
    Last edited by Slaiv; 09-30-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    nothing yet?

:'(

Slaiv is offline Banned
    bump

Slaiv is offline Banned

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Whatever fits into your daily macros

Blog Entries
    PS: don't count fiber as a carb because fiber doesn’t raise blood glucosem but count the cals in your daily totals.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    yes ur are abosultely correct!! it does not raise the blood glucose levels, which is why i am debating wether i should consider it part of my breakfast carbs, or not?

or would it even matter?

basically my question is, is this ok for breakfast? keep in mind it is cereal, and cereal is made for breakfast, so i would think kellogs knows what there doing

and since it doesnt raise my blood glucose levels, i would stay full longer right? am i correct on this?

Blog Entries
    Count the "All Fiber" as 7g of Carbs. It's a lot easier to just eat oats to get your macros down.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    i had breakfast at 6:30am.... its now 10:07am and im still full with only 1/2 of Kellogs All Fiber Cereal instead of Post Grapenuts

i think its good!!!

should i keep it up?

Slaiv is offline Banned
    1/2 cup i meant :-P

Thread Information