yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member

bad side of eggs???

I recently read on wikipedia that a single large egg yolk can contain 2/3 the daily recomended amount of cholesterol and that the yolk contains a good deal of fat. I know the majority of the protein...and the vitamins and minerals are contained in the yolk...so i always eat the yolk. my question is this: Is the cholesterol/ fat content yolk really that bad? and is the fat/ cholesterol good choleseterol and fats or bad?

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    the protein is located in the egg white as the yolk contains the fat and cholesterol.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    The yolk has 1/2 the protein though... and a little bit of cholesterol isn't horrible for you. 1-2 yolks a day won't kill you, besides, cholesterol is the building block for natural testosterone production.

importeater91 is offline Member
    i dont mean to high jack your thread but ive been having 4 eggs in the morning(including the yolk) and 2-3 hard boiled eggs threw out the day. should i be worrying about my cholesterol?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be too concerned. As long as you're doing cardio, taking Vit C, and keeping your sugar intake low(sugar increases triglycerides), then don't worry about it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by importeater91
    i dont mean to high jack your thread but ive been having 4 eggs in the morning(including the yolk) and 2-3 hard boiled eggs threw out the day. should i be worrying about my cholesterol?
    That is quite a bit... you might want to switch out your morning ones with like 1-2 full eggs and 3-4 egg whites.

importeater91 is offline Member
    yeah i think im gonna start using egg whites...is there any supp that i can take also to help control my cholesterol?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Fish oil, vit c, garlic just to name a few. And just so you know, cholesterol from food doesn't have as much of an affect as saturated, and trans fats does to the cholesterol in the body.

Thread Information