MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

One day MEAL!!! Critiques!!

I just started a cycle of Anavar with muscle milk and creatine as supplements...

Today I had:

2 scrambled eggs with a lil kethcup on whole wheat toast

Grilled Chicken with lettuce on a regular wrap and 1 LEAN protein Bar

2 chicken cutlets, rice and and a whole artichoke

1 protein shake
    Last edited by MACKATTACK; 10-16-2007 at 10:11 PM.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I eat that much before 10 am

well im trying to lose weight..........and cut up

Slaiv is offline Banned
    that right there is my Meal 5 of the day... but i eat 5 eggs, 1 whole 4 white

and trust me, im on a cutting diet myself...... 1 meal a day is NOT the way to do it !!

remember, u want to get the ball rolling!! you want to speed up your metabolism, by constantly feeding it small meals throughout the day, by like around 6-7pm your metabolism is up to speed so much that your literally burning up anything you ingest, but of course to get there, you need to eat several meals prior to that point in time

its like rolling a heavy ball, at first its tough, youll struggle, but once you "get the ball rolling" its easy to maintain the speed/rolling with the ball

that what you want to do with your metabolism.....

but yea, 1 meal a day is horrible!! anyone can tell you that, cutting or bulking, that is not good at all period....

hope this helped !!!!

That is 3 MEALS and 1 protein shake as another meal (usually after the gym)............

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Thats a horrible diet dude... you're probably getting less than 1500 calories.

What do you weigh and what bodyfat % are you at?

Are you doing cardio?
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-16-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Plus I had one LEAN protein bar, i forgot about that............

I am only doing say 15 mins of light cardio a very fast walk/ light jog, keeping my heart rate down............

TexSavant is offline Associate Member
    I am cutting as well. 1400 - 1500 Cals/day and avg 150g protein.
    I'm taking Albuterol with alot of caffeine. Typical daily meals:

1.Elite Oats Banana Nut - 260cal/ 35g Protein
    2.Double Meat Swt Onion Chicken Teriyaki Wrap from Subway - 480 / 43
    3.ProSource Supreme (these are DIVINE) 330 / 30
    4.Elite Oats Sunrise Cocoa - 240/34

Total : 1,410 Cals / 152g Protein.

Been on this diet for eight weeks slowly decreasing calories as my BMR drops...Albuterol for the last 2 wks.... started @ 17.5% BF, now 10.2%. No LBM loss so far.
    Last edited by TexSavant; 10-16-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    im not gonna lie, you do whatever works for you... if your down to 10%BF from 17% then you must be doing something right... but how is your strenght in the gym? are you still pretty energetic/strong? or do you feel weaker?

my diet has been frowned upon many times, but after like 9times of changing it up, i finally got it down and ppl have given me there kudos because of it

but yea, do whaveter works for you, everyone is different

sonnygll is offline Member
    Well, that diet does suck, and I'm sure it is pretty unpleasant. However the var is going to hold his muscle. That's really the main point of steroids while cutting, so you can starve and do lots of cardio to drop weight fast and not loose any muscle.

Me personally, with that little food I would be so crabby I would brutally murder the first person that annoyed me in any way. So I prefer eating more. That I way I don't have any dismembered corpses to clean up.

As for Tex, I am going to guess he is a smaller guy, those calories look a little low. Albuterol is anti-catabolic, but not that much.

Honestly, I havent lost any size or explosive strength, but the later sets sometimes get difficult. I cant emphasize enough how important the albuterol/caffeine stack is. Without it I doubt that this would be possible, in fact i straight DRAG ASS without it. And yes, I am not that heavy, just 155. So for me, 1500 cals is like 2500 for yall big bastards.

P.S. My mom's an Endocrinologist. She explained to me that retinoic acid directly stimulates the body to produce an enzyme called 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2. It binds to the glucocorticoid hormone Cortisol (hydrocortisone) and permanently converts it to cortisone, which is biologically inactive and is flushed out in the urine. Since Retinoic Acid is the primary metabolite of Vitamin A, copious amounts of it produce sharp rises in 11B-HSD2. You can read about in in the context of its importance in pregnancy here http://www.biolreprod.org/cgi/reprint/60/3/541.pdf I have been taking a but load of it to suppress my cortisol and its worked. my circulating levels are down ~60%. This is also due to concurent Phosphatatidyl Serine (600mg/day)and Vitamin supplementation. Basically, without sufficient cortisol the metabolism of the amino acids in your muscle protein (myosin) into glucose and glycogen is not possible, thus my hypothesis that my lack of LBM loss at 1,500 Cals/Day is due to my body's relative inability to utilize protein as a source of energy becuase of abnormally low cortisol . Its screwing with my sleep patterns though....
    Last edited by TexSavant; 10-17-2007 at 05:11 AM.

This is also why I cant wait to start bulking, just need to get around to makin the trip. I dream of food at night...seriously. As soon as I start i'm going to have a jack in the box sirloin burger. 1,000 glorious calories and a but load of preotein!

Slaiv is offline Banned
    not to mention like 50g of BAD FAT (saturated)

true...

Quote Originally Posted by TexSavant
    Honestly, I havent lost any size or explosive strength, but the later sets sometimes get difficult. I cant emphasize enough how important the albuterol/caffeine stack is. Without it I doubt that this would be possible, in fact i straight DRAG ASS without it. And yes, I am not that heavy, just 155. So for me, 1500 cals is like 2500 for yall big bastards.

P.S. My mom's an Endocrinologist. She explained to me that retinoic acid directly stimulates the body to produce an enzyme called 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2. It binds to the glucocorticoid hormone Cortisol (hydrocortisone) and permanently converts it to cortisone, which is biologically inactive and is flushed out in the urine. Since Retinoic Acid is the primary metabolite of Vitamin A, copious amounts of it produce sharp rises in 11B-HSD2. You can read about in in the context of its importance in pregnancy here http://www.biolreprod.org/cgi/reprint/60/3/541.pdf I have been taking a but load of it to suppress my cortisol and its worked. my circulating levels are down ~60%. This is also due to concurent Phosphatatidyl Serine (600mg/day)and Vitamin supplementation. Basically, without sufficient cortisol the metabolism of the amino acids in your muscle protein (myosin) into glucose and glycogen is not possible, thus my hypothesis that my lack of LBM loss at 1,500 Cals/Day is due to my body's relative inability to utilize protein as a source of energy becuase of abnormally low cortisol . Its screwing with my sleep patterns though....

ah. That explains a lot. Yea, at 155 your intake isn't too bad. I was also wondering how you knew about reducing a little at a time. Virtually nobody understands that, even after I tell them. That's handy having an endocrinologist in the family.

I am interested in the vitamin A thing. How much do you take of different supplements to lower cortisol and is it weight dependent?

also there is no bad fat other than transfat, it is all a myth perpetuated by junk science.

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cho...ol_myth_1.html

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    diet needs a lot of work... lets get started with, what is in your PWO shake, Personally i think this is the most important meal of the day whether bulking or cutting

i am 6'3 240, and I am taking a muscle milk protein shake after workouts with 4 grams of creatine............

My meal after workouts is usually something involving, for example today, I had chicken with one large all meat meatball and some mashed potatoes.......me personally I havent lost any energy by only eating 4 meals a day.........

At the sametime you have to understand where I was coming from, constantly eating shitty food, like fast food and pizza stuff like that, no veggies or fruits and I was eating maybe 2 meals a day (I had just moved out of my house for the first time and I was taking the easy road out)..........so I have gained alot of energy due to the fact of eating better food constantly and more often and keeping my metabolism up.........

from my knowledge muscle milk is mostly protein with a few carbs

yours and EVERYONE'S PWO shake should be a ratio of 1:2 of pro:carb... meaning 50 grams of pro and 100 grams of simple carbs (100 grams of dextrose or 50 dext and 50 mald)

this will make a huge difference in your workouts, I wish someone told me this when I was 17 years old

If your goal is the most protein pissible i recommend ABB shakes. 35g protein/ 160 cals.. i think 1 carbs...

Q

Quote Originally Posted by TexSavant
    If your goal is the most protein pissible i recommend ABB shakes. 35g protein/ 160 cals.. i think 1 carbs...
    sounds like most whey protein powders:

35g pro 140 cal
    1 carb 4 cal
    2 g fat 18 cal

equals 162 cal

just buy regular whey pro, best stuff out there
    for a PWO shake just add 80-100g of dextrose

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    from my knowledge muscle milk is mostly protein with a few carbs

yours and EVERYONE'S PWO shake should be a ratio of 1:2 of pro:carb... meaning 50 grams of pro and 100 grams of simple carbs (100 grams of dextrose or 50 dext and 50 mald)

this will make a huge difference in your workouts, I wish someone told me this when I was 17 years old
    Only if you're bulking and you aren't an endomorph.

Thread Information