Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    Still, i dont like that. I bet 3/4 of the doctors in the US dont even know what they are talking about half the time. A guy your size, you are definitely wasting muscle mass with that low of calories. The key is to eat clean and thats it. Do you cook yourself? Can you rather?

rynovan is offline New Member

Alrighty

Well no offense but she did go to school for 8 years and runs a full family practice as well as the weight loss clinic in one location. I think she knows what she is talking about. I mean I think sometimes if you get rid of the fat, then putting on muscle will be faster and easily evident. I understand that your a die hard builder but, I kinda have to go with the credentials on these matters. I really appreciate some of the stuff you said that I could use.
    Ryno

Hey no problem. Oh and trust me i am no die hard builder. I was a lean 180 lbs (5'8") before i cut up some. I am in no way insulting her experience/credentials, and again dont get me wrong, that will melt off fat for sure, just expect yourself to get weaker and lose a lot of muscle tone as well. Its not the best way to lose weight lets just put it that way.

Hey dude, either way, good luck with your ventures and stick to it. You will be fine!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    Thats hard for him, hes in a different situation then us. He's 375lbs that would be 1500 calories from protein alone. Try to get 300 grams of day.

Also I wouldnt do clen or T3 yet either. Start researching it and you'll agree
    i understand your argument, but this guy is carrying around A LOT of LBM. i know they seem extreme to use small dudes, but he should absolutely start off with those kinds of macro numbers. this guy could be a ripped 225lb man after this cut for all we know. i think he should eat that much protein daily, and yes it is going to be a long journey for him, but nonetheless, if he makes it through he is going to be one big mo'fo.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by rynovan View Post
    If I had friends like you I wouldn't be on here asking for help. Thats a great story man. The Optifast diet is a doctor regulated diet of 964 calories a day consisting of 2 nutrition bars and 4 shakes or soups a day. They are packed with vitamins, everything the body needs LOL!!! I go to the doc once a week and get weighed every other week to get a blood test. Its a great program, and I'm training my metabolism to eat every 2.5-3 hours. I have another friend that I am helping do this also just for support. Thanks.
    Ryan
    honestly, you have a lot of meat on those bones in the form of lean body mass. don't undershoot your calories that much. yes you want it to be fats, but think of it as a lifestyle change. you could basically lose fat and retain much more muscle if you were to double even triple those caloric numbers. your metabolism will be elevated by eating by the way. and food is the most anabolic substance you can put in your body. don't short change yourself. good luck my man.

I'm stickin to it

I'm definitely sticking with it. As I said last year this is the best forum, I've posted on. Everyone is very helpful. I've posted my goal below and hope to see these results in a year or so.LOL
    Ryno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Cut as much as I can as fast as possible-scarymofo.jpg  

Protein

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    honestly, you have a lot of meat on those bones in the form of lean body mass. don't undershoot your calories that much. yes you want it to be fats, but think of it as a lifestyle change. you could basically lose fat and retain much more muscle if you were to double even triple those caloric numbers. your metabolism will be elevated by eating by the way. and food is the most anabolic substance you can put in your body. don't short change yourself. good luck my man.
    So what kind of protein should I look at that wouldn't be over kill on the things that I don't need like sodium etc...?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Rynovan, You have the right guys answering your questions above. I do not have anything to add other than good luck man and keep us posted. Also, take some pics of yourself now. Even if you do not want to post them, it will be great to show them with your new picks in 6 months and a year from now to compare.
    We are all working to improve various parts of our bodies and it takes hard work for everyone. We are all here to help each other out and I am rooting for you. Good Luck.

For proteins I would suggest the following:

Grilled Chicken
    Tuna (i like fresh tuna steaks personally)
    LEAN lean ground beef and turkey (make burgers for yourself)
    Lean cuts of steak like Sirloins

And if need be, buy some powders in the form of whey and casein. I would suggest Optimum Nutritions line as they have low carbs and low sugars. Dont mistaken these as meal replacements though. I would take the whey right after workouts only and a casein shake right before you go to bed, to feed your body while you sleep (its slow digesting).

Go into the diet forum on this board and you will learn a TON. I did, and now i cook everything for myself rather than order out all the time!

Braunstein is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    good advice, I like it how you broke the meals into pro/carb and pro/fat meals. A lot of people dont do this and dont know the logic behind it.
    I've questioned you before about this and you never responded (quite some time ago...)

Please enlighten me to the "logic" behind it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Braunstein View Post
    I've questioned you before about this and you never responded (quite some time ago...)

Please enlighten me to the "logic" behind it.

Eating carbohydrates causes a rise in insulin levels, which makes it more likely that fat taken in the same meal will be stored, rather than used for energy. Eating protein/fat meals causes the fat to be used as an energy source, and eating protein/carb meals the carbs can be used for glycogen replentishment or energy.

Major reason why "value" meals from places like McDonalds are horrible. Carbs (bread + sugary soda) + Tons of fat = Insulin spike = Tons of fat storage
    Last edited by AandF6969; 04-11-2008 at 01:51 PM.

The mixing of some healthy fats and carbs will not hurt you. The mixing of saturated fats and carbs(mainly higher on the GI scale) will. One must make this distinction because there really is no point in separation if you're eating properly(clean).

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Braunstein View Post
    The mixing of some healthy fats and carbs will not hurt you.
    Agree to disagree. Separation has worked great for me. I'd like to have as low fats as possible when I'm raising insulin levels.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    Agree to disagree. Separation has worked great for me. I'd like to have as low fats as possible when I'm raising insulin levels.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...di#post3023843

So... no discussion huh?

Update

Well I thought I'd post some picture updates. I've lost 67 pounds since March the 12th. I'm excited and happy with the amazing results. I'm cutting down to the core to start over with my lowest fat percentage possible. Then I'll start building muscle. Tell me what you guys think.
    Ryno

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back1.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	91075 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front1.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	91076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front2.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	91077 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leftside1.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	91078

RikuY is offline Junior Member
    Good job! Keep it up and work the plan... Have a thinning weekend!

FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    Lifting after cardio is horrible... you burn all your glycogen stores during cardio so you have no fuel for your lifting.
    I have to disagree, It is EXTREMELY hard to burn all of your glycogen, I doubt that many people on this forum actually know what glycogen depletion feels like.

mex83 is offline " I Can Make Your Days And Nights Look Like Fantasy "
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGiCJNG View Post
    Hey Ryno, this is no bullshit ok.

Firstly, i would like to state i am in no way a guru on any of this stuff. I have been monitoring these boards for a LONG TIME and i have to admit i have learned A TON OF INFO on here, so you were on the right track last year in terms of coming here for advice.

Firstly, I would suggest you lose the diet pills/suppressants and all that garbage. You will do this without any of that crap. People think its good not to eat because you will lose weight, but in reality its HORRIBLE for you. I think you should just do a lot of research on here and you will learn a lot and could make correct decisions for yourself (did i spell that right? it looks f'd up...anyways).

Ok so back to my no bullshit story. My friend was like you, not as heavy (323) but just as sloppy (no offense, seriously). He came to me for some help. I told him i needed ALL of his dedication and attention or else i refuse to help him. I'm talking, full to the max, no trying to go out and drink or goin out partying. 3 months, thats all i wanted. He agreed.

First thing, had him join a gym. So, for you, if you dont have a membership, JOIN ONE. Seconldy, i had him list me a bunch of different foods he liked, and i had to weed out the good from the bad. Trust me, now i knew why he was fat, he had CHINESE FOOD, PIZZA, CHICKEN SOLTIMBOCA (Italian dish, that fat bastard haha) and whatever. So i took all of the good foods, and i made a diet for him. This consisted of EATING, not eating a little, but EATING A LOT. Small portions, spaced out every 2.5-3 hours. He had to spend money and i made him buy some supps, mainly whey and casein protein, flax oil and some glutamine (which he could have done without but whatever). Then I made him a shopping list to go buy shit at the supermarket.

Ok so with you, find foods that you like, and create a diet for yourself. DONT JUST THINK OF IT IN YOUR HEAD, write it. Make an excel spread sheet or whatever. HAVE IT IN FRONT OF YOU!

Lastly, i gave my friend a workout regime. Now, a lot of people will disagree with me here, but i had him do STRICT cardio, 6 days a week, for 12 weeks. I told him no slacking. We will start with 45 minutes each day and then move up to max an hour, which we did. We didnt do intense cardio, i would say a light to moderate jog. I had him wear my heart rate monitor watch so he can get a target heartrate of around 130 consistantly throughout.

Suffice it to say, my friend thanks me to this day. His diet is completely changed. He has completely changed as he is now around 220 and solid. I would say around 13-15% body fat. In those 3 months, he got down to around 270 or so (i dont exactly recall but it was around there).

The moral of this story is, firstly, WHEN YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT, you WILL do it. NO IFS OR CANS, only WHEN AND WILLS (if you catch my drift). Secondly, i laid the foundation for my friend, and exactly what i wanted him to do, he continued on with it once he got the knowledge and now he has worked his way down to 100 lbs less than what he was about a year ago. I know he slacked at times, but the more effort you put in, the more you will be rewarded. He stuck with it, and thats all i cared about.

Seriously, its all about diet. Diet and cardio to lose weight when you're a big boy like that. Once you get down, then you can weight train and all that good stuff (others would say do it from the get go, but to each his own).

So you have to ask yourself, do you REALLY want to lose that weight? If so, will you do ANYTHING to do it? Again, if so, re-read my story of me helpin a friend out, and apply this to yourself, and you can start with a foundation. Once you get the knowledge, the rest (of that fat) will be history! Thats my promise to you.

Always remember though, to diet (healthy of course) is a change of life, not a 3 month thing. As i did with my friend, when i saw progress every two weeks, i would treat him myself, out of my own pocket, to a nice cheat meal. Somethin from that list he gave me that i knew he loved. And i made sure that he knew he could eat this shit all the time, becasue thats what got him there in the first place. Now he knows how to cheat moderately when a craving hits and to keep his sanity. You should do the same, no more than once every two weeks to start out. AND NOT A CHEAT DAY, but just a cheat meal.

Dont use you getting sick as an excuse either. No excuses. If you have none, then you will see results. Just stick with it dude, and i guarantee you will be more than satisfied. And dont expect results within a week or two either, only to give up. F that, STICK WITH IT! Take before and after pictures as a mirror wont show you the results, but frozen moments in time will.

Sorry for the long ass post, but i figured i would share. I hope you get something out of this. If not, my fingers ****in hurt haha!
    Would you still have the diet plan and the list of supps that you made him buy? Also the workout plan that you made for him. I am 25, 307 and 5'11. I would benefit from this if you have it still.

Pounds Down

I'm 80 pounds down at this point. My first goal is to get to 100 pounds down by July 14th. I'm on schedule to do so, and I think it will be fine. Thanks Guys
    Ryno

RikuY is offline Junior Member
    Keep it up! That is an amazing accomplishment and progress. It seems you found something you can stick with, and that's the important thing. Keep with the updates, and the good work!

Progress Report

Well I'm at 91 pounds down. It's going good. My weight loss as slowed way down but I've been losing a lot of pure fat pounds but I've retaining a lot of water for some reason. Oh well I and my doctor only care about the fat pounds. Thanks for the support.
    Ryno

jrod32 is offline New Member
    Damn man i just read this thread for the first time and i just wanna say congrats! you are a true inspiration. I just started my cutting diet today and you have inspired me. Im trying to lose 15 lbs by october, im currently at 202lbs. congrats and thanks for the inspiration!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information