Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rynovan is offline New Member

How to Cut as much as I can as fast as possible

Ok so I've been reading a lot on this website and really like your forums. Here is the deal I'm 25 years old and I weight 375 pounds and I'm 6'3" I've always had a slow metabolism and had never been exposed to an intense work out, I mean I played football but that was about all I was allowed to do. I had a very strict religious up bringing and just recently got out of it all. I weighed 262 in high school and benched 300 and squatted 520 those are the only numbers I remember I loved working out. But as I said after I graduated from school I wasn't allowed to go to the gym as I still lived with my parents. I got married 3 and half years ago. I've put on so much weight that I feel like I'm in a hole. I found a Brazilian Jiujitsu class and its changed my life. I have a MMA fight on December 1st and I have to cut as much weight as possible and build as much muscle as possible by that time. But I also would like to be healthy for the rest of my life. So here's what it boils down to I've hit rock bottom and I'm dedicated to getting back in to shape. I've always wanted to bodybuild seriously and felt like I never had that chance. Any diet, supplements, workouts that you could give me would be great. As it is now I've started on eating the following:

5:30 A
    Protien Bar
    220 Cal
    5g Fat
    30g Protein
    20g Carbs

Workout from 6:00A-7:00A Mostly Cardio Walking (My joints are horrible hips, knees and ankles cause I'm carrying all of this weight)

7:00 A
    2 scoops Whey Protein Shake
    240 Cal
    10g Fat
    6g Carbs
    48g Protein

9:00 A
    1 6oz. Can pink salmon
    150 Cal
    5.5g Fat
    0g Carbs
    25g Protien
    W/Salad
    30 Cal
    6g Carbs
    2g Protien

11:00 A
    1 6oz. Can pink salmon
    150 Cal
    5.5g Fat
    0g Carbs
    25g Protien

1:00 P
    Salad
    30 Cal
    6g Carbs
    2g Protien

3:00 P
    Salad
    30 Cal
    6g Carbs
    2g Protien

6:00 P
    6oz Chicken Breast
    1/4 cup Brown Rice
    Salad
    420 Cal
    45g Carb
    7g Fat
    45g Protein

Protien Bar
    220 Cal
    5g Fat
    30g Protein
    20g Carbs

1460 Calories
    50g Fat
    207g Protein
    109g Carbs

I've lost almost 10 pounds with out any supplements. I was looking into T3 and Clen possibly. Any information would be awesome. Please no insults I know its my fault that I got this big, but at least I'm man enough to face it and get back on the right track. I want to be a die hard body builder whatever it takes, and I mean it.
    Ryan

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Horrible, bro.

You realize with a diet like that you'll lose as much if not more muscle than fat? You'll look just as fat if not fatter but will weigh less and be super weak.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    You need about 70-80 more carbs in your PWO shake. You need more protein in your diet.

I gotta go to the grocery, but Ill be back in a bit to help out your diet. Maybe AandF will do it for me
    Last edited by Consistency; 10-22-2007 at 06:13 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    you need way more fat.. flax or fish oil would be prefered.. you need to consume fat to lose it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thanks

Thanks for the comments so far. I'm to understand that I need more good fats to lose the bad fat that I already have, right? Thats what the post meant by I have to consume fat to lose fat. Hope thats correct.
    Ryan

zipster_dude is offline Associate Member
    yes, without the correct amount of fat, protein, and carbs, your body will consume muscle for energy...

p.s. good fat, complex carbs

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    As stated above, your calories are way, way too low. You're making your body go into "starvation mode" where it will hold onto fat and slow your metabolism down even further. Do you know your bodyfat %?

Step 1 - find out your BMR.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I put in your numbers. Your BMR is 3185 calories. That means, if you just laid in bed all day your body would burn that many calories.

Step 2 - Account for activity during the day

To account for activity level of "lightly active" you multiply that by 1.375. This gets you a total calories burned of 4379. To lose fat at a good rate (you want to keep as much muscle as possible, it keeps your metabolism high) you should eat 500-1000 calories less than 4379. So, you should be eating about 3300-3400 calories per day.

Do you monitor your heart rate when you do cardio? Begin doing cardio on an empty stomach... you're just burning the food you ate if you eat right before.

Are you lifting?

Great

Great Comments I do monitor my heart rate and I get up to about 135-145. I do lift, but I'm at a loss for what to do consistently to build muscle. I do like 1 set of 15 and two sets of five to failure. At one time I payed for a personal trainer at my local gym but he was just a college kid that was not certified and could care less about my fitness. He told me that he had just always been naturally strong and he did shows at that time about 2 years ago. Anyway I'm in Freakin Conway, Arkansas and we're like the number one on the overweight list in the nation I think. The point is I can't find a place locally that get me on track. I've got the money to buy whatever. So you think I need to eat 3300-3400 Calories a day? How would I do that and still lose this fat. Thank You guys so much I really appreciate your time. I know you guys can help me.
    Ryan

Hey buddy,

Youre going to do just fine. If I were you, Id focus on maintaining the muscle mass that you have with resistance training and gear your entire routine around losing unwanted bodyfat. Start slow and work your way up. You'll find that you'll lose weight quickly at first and then you'll hit a plateau where you will then need to adjust your routine.

Getting started:
    1. 30-45 minutes of moderate cardio 1st thing in the morning before breakfast or on an empty stomach.
    2. You've found your BMR and realized that you need to eat 3300 kcals/ed to maintain your weight. So, start at 3000 and stay there until you feel that you have quit losing weight. Drop your kcals steadily (100 at a time) over several months. This will take time. Avoid shakes, and eat clean whole healthy foods. Chicken, rice, oatmeal, eggs, rice, almonds, etc.
    3. Train 3-4 days per week in the gym for 45 minutes. Lift hard and get out of there.
    4. Stick around here and keep asking questions.

Here is a sample diet:
    CALS/PRO/CHO/FAT
    MEAL 1: PRO/CHO
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Scoops Whey 120 24 3 1
    1 Cup Egg Whites 120 24 4 0

MEAL 2: PRO/FAT
    8oz lean Meat 300 50 0 9
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Cup Veggies

MEAL 3: PRO/CHO
    8oz Chicken Breast 250 50 0 2
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6

MEAL 4: PRO/FAT
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6

MEAL 5: PRO/CHO
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Cup Veggies

MEAL 6: PRO/FAT
    8oz lean Meat 300 50 0 9

Totals: 3090 348 277 55

There are alot of carbs here, to make it easier on you at first and keep your strength, then as you get used to eating this way, you can adjust your diet by cutting down on the carbs to hasten fat loss. The sample diet is a typical40/40/20 diet. When you get more in tune with your diet and start hitting plateaus, you'll adjust your diet to a 50/15/35 ratio. You'll be hungry for carbs at this point, but you be seasoned enough in your routine to handle it. Good luck. Btw, this is all just my opinion, I helped a buddy of mine lose 25lbs in 2 months with this outline. Someone else may know a great deal more about better success than me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Hey buddy,

Youre going to do just fine. If I were you, Id focus on maintaining the muscle mass that you have with resistance training and gear your entire routine around losing unwanted bodyfat. Start slow and work your way up. You'll find that you'll lose weight quickly at first and then you'll hit a plateau where you will then need to adjust your routine.

Getting started:
    1. 30-45 minutes of moderate cardio 1st thing in the morning before breakfast or on an empty stomach.
    2. You've found your BMR and realized that you need to eat 3300 kcals/ed to maintain your weight. So, start at 3000 and stay there until you feel that you have quit losing weight. Drop your kcals steadily (100 at a time) over several months. This will take time. Avoid shakes, and eat clean whole healthy foods. Chicken, rice, oatmeal, eggs, rice, almonds, etc.
    3. Train 3-4 days per week in the gym for 45 minutes. Lift hard and get out of there.

Here is a sample diet:
    CALS/PRO/CHO/FAT
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Scoops Whey 120 24 3 1

8oz lean Meat 300 50 0 9
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Cup Veggies

1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6

1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6

1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Cup Veggies

8oz lean Meat 300 50 0 9

There are alot of carbs here, to make it easier on you at first and keep your strength, then as you get used to eating this way, you can adjust your diet by cutting down on the carbs to hasten fat loss. The sample diet is a typical40/40/20 diet. When you get more in tune with your diet and start hitting plateaus, you'll adjust your diet to a 50/15/35 ratio. You'll be hungry for carbs at this point, but you be seasoned enough in your routine to handle it. Good luck. Btw, this is all just my opinion, I helped a buddy of mine lose 25lbs in 2 months with this outline. Someone else may know a great deal more about better success than me. Good luck.
    good advice, I like it how you broke the meals into pro/carb and pro/fat meals. A lot of people dont do this and dont know the logic behind it.

I have to disagree with you on one point though. You said he needs to train 3-4 times a week. I think he needs to do cardio 4-5 times a week of atleast 30min (45 min preferably) and lift weights 3 times a week. You dont need to go real heavy, I suggest a rep range of 12-15 with supersets, this will keep your HR up during weight lifthing thus increasing fat loss.

I'd also reduce the carb intake in Johnny too small's diet to 200g... you only need carbs first thing in the morning, PWO, and PPWO meals, Then I would add a tablespoon of flax seed oil just before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    I have to disagree with you on one point though. You said he needs to train 3-4 times a week.
    I was talking about weight training, here. I agree cardio should be done much more. I should have been more clear.

Thanks

Wow thanks so much this is awesome. I assumed that I should keep doing my 50 min cardio every morning. I wanted to ask what the CHO stands for? I'm a newbie on here I assume its carbs but anyway. Thanks so much for the outline I know I can follow something like that. Also what about using Clen and T3 to help my fat loss and muscle gain? I've done some research and found that it helps would you suggest it at this stage? What kind of whey protein should I get? Everybody says to match your weight in protein, thats kinda hard at my weight. But I'll do it if possible.Thanks again for all of the help this has been my best forum experience.
    Ryan

Oh Also are their any ladies on this forum. My wife was raised just like me and has also gained quite a bit of weight she's 5'4" 200 pounds and just can't seem to lose the weight. We have hurt ourselves together and it makes for a horrible relationship. She wants to cook a dinner every night for me but I want lean meats and she's not a much of a meat eater and she doesn't like salads, but she does enjoy vegetable green especially. Any help again would be great. Is there another place that I should start a thread for this? Thanks again for all of your help

Quote Originally Posted by rynovan
    I do lift, but I'm at a loss for what to do consistently to build muscle. I do like 1 set of 15 and two sets of five to failure.
    What does your program look like currently?

About your wife, the same principles (BMR, metabolism) apply to females as well... so if you go to that website I posted above, she can find her BMR, multiply by the appropriate factor to account for activity, and eat 500-1000 calories less than that to lose fat. Does she exercise?

what about using Clen and T3 to help my fat loss and muscle gain? I've done some research and found that it helps would you suggest it at this stage? What kind of whey protein should I get? Everybody says to match your weight in protein, thats kinda hard at my weight. But I'll do it if possible.
    I wouldn't use Clen and T3 until you're well below the bodyfat you are right now... they can be hard on the heart, which is probably already not in the greatest shape for you. Usually Clen/T3 are used for someone in the 10-12% range to get down to 5-6% BF. Diet and cardio work much more effectively for someone in your position.

I like Optimum Nutrition whey protein, it's cheap, don't buy it at GNC. I get mine from www.bulk nutrition.com (no space). Yes, you should be getting at least 1g/lb of bodyweight for muscle maintenance.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-23-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Yes, you should be getting at least 1g/lb of bodyweight for muscle maintenance.
    Thats hard for him, hes in a different situation then us. He's 375lbs that would be 1500 calories from protein alone. Try to get 300 grams of day.

Also I wouldnt do clen or T3 yet either. Start researching it and you'll agree

All lifting is done after cardio in the morning should I eat in between cardio and lifting or just right after the complete morining workout?

I do Arms & Abs
    Wednesday: Mainly Curls, Regular, French and Preacher Friday: Butterflies, Bench Press and Incline
    Saturday: Machine Ab Work, and Crunches

Legs
    Sunday: Squats
    Monday: Toe Ups, Extensions
    Tuesday: Leg Press

I train for MMA fighting on Monday nights from 7p-9p
    I train for Brazilian Jiujitsu on Tuesdays and Thrusday Nights 7p-9p

As far as the wife goes she likes to do the video workouts at home you know she's so self conscious about going to the gym she says she doesn't want anyone to see the big fat girl try to workout. Of course I tell her that some of them where fat once too. Anywho that is my work schedule. Also when you say to eat 1 cup of oats is that like quarter oatmeal with like fat free milk or what? Thanks
    Ryan

All lifting is done after cardio in the morning should I eat in between cardio and lifting or just right after the complete morining workout?

As far as the wife goes she likes to do the video workouts at home you know she's so self conscious about going to the gym she says she doesn't want anyone to see the big fat girl try to workout. Of course I tell her that some of them where fat once too. Anywho that is my work schedule. Also when you say to eat 1 cup of oats is that like quarter oatmeal with like fat free milk or what? Thanks
    Ryan
    Lifting after cardio is horrible... you burn all your glycogen stores during cardio so you have no fuel for your lifting. If you MUST do them together, do cardio after, and drink a postworkout shake after cardio. It's much better to do cardio on an empty stomach in the AM, continue on with your day and then lift later.

Oats are generally mixed in water... plain oats, not the ones loaded with sugar.

IMO those home video workouts are nonsense and your wife needs to get over her fears and just go to the gym, otherwise no progress will be made, and she'll get frustrated and give up.

I do Arms & Abs
    Wednesday: Mainly Curls, Regular, French and Preacher Friday: Butterflies, Bench Press and Incline

Legs
    You should do all your leg exercises on one day... it makes no sense to do squats on sunday and leg press 2 days later. Muscles need time to recover and rest.

Also, I don't see any back or shoulder exercises. Spend some time in the workout forum bro.

Yeah as I states earlier I need some guidance on every aspect. Thanks for the help.
    Ryno

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Hey buddy,

Getting started:

Here is a sample diet:
    CALS/PRO/CHO/FAT
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Scoops Whey 120 24 3 1

8oz lean Meat 300 50 0 9
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Cup Veggies

1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6

1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6

1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 6
    1 Cup Veggies

8oz lean Meat 300 50 0 9

Solid advice man,good shit.

You need to concentrate on the main compound lifts like bench press, squats, deadlifts. These exercises will incorperate the larger muscle which will burn more fat. Squats and deadlifts burn the most calories.

Doing preacher curls and tedious ab exercises etc...aren't the best for your right now. I think its ridiculous when I see an obsese person do abs for 1 hour thinking that they are gonna lose fat in the stomach (which you wont). They will probably burn as many calories doing 5 sets of squats as compared to 1000 sit-ups

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    First off welcome to the board,your having a very good experience with the knowledge thus far and that's what it's all about.My advice to you would be try to relax and keep it simple.Your gonna be an expert on the ways of getting lean cause your going to be educated on so many levels you'll just have the knowledge,,....well if you just ask but that doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy trying to do everything everyone's telling you is good for getting in good shape.Now just keep it simple get your diet and nutrition in check and everything else falls into place.

Note to nooby buy a treadmill,good luck

I just thought I would say thanks again to everyone. I've been on the diet that too small posted. I haven't been watching the scale I figured I'd take my BF% measurements and check it every two weeks. Also I've seen some other 40/40/20 plans I'm guessing that any of them would work for me? I've been doing 45-60 minutes of Cardio in the mornings in my garage as I have purchased a treadmill per your advice, dedic. I've been looking around on the workout forum to hit the big muscle groups. I switched my lifting to right after work. So I'm workin it tryin to get into the routine. Thanks again
    Ryno

Expat is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

I do Arms & Abs

Legs

I train for MMA fighting on Monday nights from 7p-9p
    I train for Brazilian Jiujitsu on Tuesdays and Thrusday Nights 7p-9p

Ryan
    I am feelin ur pain bro...I was 80lbs overweight and have since lost 43lbs since May 26!! This did not happen overnight...and u are not gonna lose it overnight...this has to become a "lifestyle" ..not a "diet"...and u and your wife need to wrap your brain around that concept...And it will be trial and error..I plataue every ten lbs..and have to come here and "search" this wonderful board to find what has helped everyone else...Now the bummer is I injured my calf muscle a month ago and unable to do cardio...I had begun to skip rope (takes lots of practice) but is wonderful cardio addition...Also understand that u need to do activities (cardio) that u enjoy..mix it up..so that u don't burn out/get bored..for me that includes..racket ball, hiking in the woods w/my dogs using walking staffs...skipping rope..anything that will get u up and moving that is fun....I myself practice lowcarb...I have accumulated a cookbook from recipes that I find on the internet and rarely eat the same thing more than twice weekly..I cook all of my meals and do not enjoy eating out..I prefer my cooking...I find that it is much easier to keep my food varied as well, that is the dealbreaker for me to eat the same thing all the time..I keep food cooked in the fridge...yes it is work..but..this is not gonna be free....

Thanks Pat I hear ya. Thats why I got into Mixed Martial Arts heavy I love it so much and its an awesome full body work out, its an amazing cardio work out that you wouldn't believe. I've said it before but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes. Oh and by the way guys I GOT MY WIFE TO GO TO THE GYM LAST NIGHT!!!! She did like 6 miles on the sit down bike, I was proud of her. We pulled in the parking lot and she was man there is a lot of people here I don't want them to see me. I said to suck it up and get over it. I did my lifts while she did her stuff.
    Ryan

Is your wife paying attention to her diet? Thats great that she went... making it there is the first step.

Yes she doesn't have the passion for bodybuilding that I do but she is cooking and eating out of the Biggest Loser Cookbook, which has some great low calorie great tasting foods. Shes coming along. I was way off on her weight by the way shes at 189 which isn't much better than what I said but hey at least shes losing it. She was at 200 about a month ago. I just need to get her to realize how much more weight she could lose by going to the gym consistently.

I just need to get her to realize how much more weight she could lose by going to the gym consistently.
    True dat... she'd lose even more fat, and totally reshape her body if she gained some muscle (muscle burns fat). A lot of people when they lose weight, they lose muscle and fat at the same rate so they just become a smaller person with the same overall shape. To reshape, muscle needs to be gained and fat lost.

Yeah one step at a time though I got to the gym next we'll start working on lifting instead of just cardio. Thanks

Question this guy is promoting this stack would it help me right now, at this stage? Also what about Creatine, would that help me at this stage as well? Any info would be cool Thanks

The combination of Yohimbine+Caffeine+ALCAR+Green Tea Extract+Sesamin would make for the PERFECT Stubborn Fat Stack
    Derek Charlebois

Here is the full article.

Ryno

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    True dat... she'd lose even more fat, and totally reshape her body if she gained some muscle (muscle burns fat). A lot of people when they lose weight, they lose muscle and fat at the same rate so they just become a smaller person with the same overall shape. To reshape, muscle needs to be gained and fat lost.

forgot mention...I do lift

What kind of lifting did you start with? We where talking about my wife and how she needs to lift at the gym as well. Any info would be great.
    Ryno

Blog Entries
    What kind of lifting did you start with? We where talking about my wife and how she needs to lift at the gym as well. Any info would be great.
    Ryno

Has she ever lifted before? I might suggest that u hire a rep personal trainer that can show proper form so that she is not injured...that would discourage a beginner!!

Pogress

No she hasn't ever Lifted I'm going to try and get her on the APEX program at our local gym. PROGRESS REPORT I LOST 10 POUNDS LAST WEEK on too smalls suggested diet. I'm excited to begin my journey thanks to all of you guys.
    Ryno

NOZ
    NOZ is offline Junior Member
    Diet is no good.
    Protein bar as first meal of the day?

Checkout the "how to cut" thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOZ
    Diet is no good.
    Protein bar as first meal of the day?

Checkout the "how to cut" thread
    we've fixed his diet

Congrats on the 10lbs loss, keep us updated

If you are real serious post some pics now and every 2-3 months with your progress... also the pics will motivate your even more. You could be a real inspiration to people if you lose 100+ pounds

I'm serious man and I've got to lose all of this fat. Not sure if I'll lose 100+ pounds probably just 100 I'm focusing on that BF% and pumpin it as much as possible. I'll post some pics tonight. I know I can do it and I know others can too. Thanks for all your help guys. Does anyone have anything to say about supplements that I should be on at the stage or the stack that I talked about? Thanks
    Ryno

Pics

Here are some pictures of me at 6'3" 365lbs. I'll be puttin' updates up every few months. My fight is December 1st I'm cutting and lifting as much as I can up to that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Cut as much as I can as fast as possible-front-flex.jpg   How to Cut as much as I can as fast as possible-backflex.jpg   How to Cut as much as I can as fast as possible-front.jpg   How to Cut as much as I can as fast as possible-l-side.jpg  

I'm Back WOW!!!!

Well you guys may have thought I was dead or something. After my fight in December I had some problems with my coaching staff you didn't support me and didn't show up for the fight. So after I started the regiment on here first, I got very sick with the flu. I live in Arkansas so if you may have soon on the news where we had an epidemic of the flu virus. I was done for a while and the doc said my mono that I had years ago had reactivated in my cells and it got me down extremely hard. So when I recovered I got a support team and me and two other guys decided to get on the Optifast program. I started on March 10th, 2008. I got up to 383 pounds in my sickness. So I got on the Optifast and was prescribed me some Adipex which is an awesome appetite suppressant. I've lost 40lbs in a month. I obviously have a lot of weight to lose. I guess I wanted to ask if anybody had some ideas for building muscle mass so I don't lose the muscle I have. Also if you guys knew if Adipex would screw me up on supplements or anab.? It cause my blood pressure to rise a little bit. I walk a lot on the treadmill, about 5 miles 3 times a week. I know that the weight loss will slow down unless I get my metabolism pumping. Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks Guys
    Ryno

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    Hey Ryno, this is no bullshit ok.

Firstly, i would like to state i am in no way a guru on any of this stuff. I have been monitoring these boards for a LONG TIME and i have to admit i have learned A TON OF INFO on here, so you were on the right track last year in terms of coming here for advice.

Firstly, I would suggest you lose the diet pills/suppressants and all that garbage. You will do this without any of that crap. People think its good not to eat because you will lose weight, but in reality its HORRIBLE for you. I think you should just do a lot of research on here and you will learn a lot and could make correct decisions for yourself (did i spell that right? it looks f'd up...anyways).

Ok so back to my no bullshit story. My friend was like you, not as heavy (323) but just as sloppy (no offense, seriously). He came to me for some help. I told him i needed ALL of his dedication and attention or else i refuse to help him. I'm talking, full to the max, no trying to go out and drink or goin out partying. 3 months, thats all i wanted. He agreed.

First thing, had him join a gym. So, for you, if you dont have a membership, JOIN ONE. Seconldy, i had him list me a bunch of different foods he liked, and i had to weed out the good from the bad. Trust me, now i knew why he was fat, he had CHINESE FOOD, PIZZA, CHICKEN SOLTIMBOCA (Italian dish, that fat bastard haha) and whatever. So i took all of the good foods, and i made a diet for him. This consisted of EATING, not eating a little, but EATING A LOT. Small portions, spaced out every 2.5-3 hours. He had to spend money and i made him buy some supps, mainly whey and casein protein, flax oil and some glutamine (which he could have done without but whatever). Then I made him a shopping list to go buy shit at the supermarket.

Ok so with you, find foods that you like, and create a diet for yourself. DONT JUST THINK OF IT IN YOUR HEAD, write it. Make an excel spread sheet or whatever. HAVE IT IN FRONT OF YOU!

Lastly, i gave my friend a workout regime. Now, a lot of people will disagree with me here, but i had him do STRICT cardio, 6 days a week, for 12 weeks. I told him no slacking. We will start with 45 minutes each day and then move up to max an hour, which we did. We didnt do intense cardio, i would say a light to moderate jog. I had him wear my heart rate monitor watch so he can get a target heartrate of around 130 consistantly throughout.

Suffice it to say, my friend thanks me to this day. His diet is completely changed. He has completely changed as he is now around 220 and solid. I would say around 13-15% body fat. In those 3 months, he got down to around 270 or so (i dont exactly recall but it was around there).

The moral of this story is, firstly, WHEN YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT, you WILL do it. NO IFS OR CANS, only WHEN AND WILLS (if you catch my drift). Secondly, i laid the foundation for my friend, and exactly what i wanted him to do, he continued on with it once he got the knowledge and now he has worked his way down to 100 lbs less than what he was about a year ago. I know he slacked at times, but the more effort you put in, the more you will be rewarded. He stuck with it, and thats all i cared about.

Seriously, its all about diet. Diet and cardio to lose weight when you're a big boy like that. Once you get down, then you can weight train and all that good stuff (others would say do it from the get go, but to each his own).

So you have to ask yourself, do you REALLY want to lose that weight? If so, will you do ANYTHING to do it? Again, if so, re-read my story of me helpin a friend out, and apply this to yourself, and you can start with a foundation. Once you get the knowledge, the rest (of that fat) will be history! Thats my promise to you.

Always remember though, to diet (healthy of course) is a change of life, not a 3 month thing. As i did with my friend, when i saw progress every two weeks, i would treat him myself, out of my own pocket, to a nice cheat meal. Somethin from that list he gave me that i knew he loved. And i made sure that he knew he could eat this shit all the time, becasue thats what got him there in the first place. Now he knows how to cheat moderately when a craving hits and to keep his sanity. You should do the same, no more than once every two weeks to start out. AND NOT A CHEAT DAY, but just a cheat meal.

Dont use you getting sick as an excuse either. No excuses. If you have none, then you will see results. Just stick with it dude, and i guarantee you will be more than satisfied. And dont expect results within a week or two either, only to give up. F that, STICK WITH IT! Take before and after pictures as a mirror wont show you the results, but frozen moments in time will.

Sorry for the long ass post, but i figured i would share. I hope you get something out of this. If not, my fingers ****in hurt haha!
    Last edited by MaGiCJNG; 04-09-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks

If I had friends like you I wouldn't be on here asking for help. Thats a great story man. The Optifast diet is a doctor regulated diet of 964 calories a day consisting of 2 nutrition bars and 4 shakes or soups a day. They are packed with vitamins, everything the body needs LOL!!! I go to the doc once a week and get weighed every other week to get a blood test. Its a great program, and I'm training my metabolism to eat every 2.5-3 hours. I have another friend that I am helping do this also just for support. Thanks.
    Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information