Slaiv is offline Banned

How can something with 1g of sugar......

taste like its some highly concentrated syrup?!?!?!

i bought some sweet relish, 1tblsp - 1g sugar

so of course i take out a spoonful but omfg!! its taste like im eating some highly concetrated hummingbird nectar or some real sweet honey !!!

is this thing right?!?! can there actually ONLY BE 1G of sugar in this tblsp?!?!

has anyone ever thought of this before? has anyone ever looked into this?

any help in clearing this up for me would be greatly appreciated!!

reason for my concern, i dont want my insulin spiked, trying to maintain my insulin levels low while i eat my pro/carb meals (doing a clean bulk)

i oocasionaly throw in a little condament to spice up the flavor here and there, but im very careful when doing so as not to ruin the macros of my meal!! but maaaaan!! that relish!!! feels like im pouring 1/2 cup of syrup into my sandwich

please help me out here, just clear this up for me guys!! Thanks!!

Slaiv is offline Banned
    anyone?

be very careful, 1 gram of sugar is ok but watch out cuz 2 or 3 might send ur insulin levels through the roof...

JSola is offline Associate Member
    check for artificial sweeteners

JSola is offline Associate Member
    splenda is said to be 30x sweeter than sugar

Slaiv is offline Banned
    hmm... ill look into that

and as for the comment about 2-3g of sugar will send your insulin through the roof, you misread my question, please be sure to read threads carefully before you post something that will make you sound stupid to the other members

i didnt say that 1g will spike my insulin, i said why does 1g taste like 1 tablespoon full of sugar/honey? it is sooooo sweet, it feels like im consuming 30g of sugar per tblsp!!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    taste like its some highly concentrated syrup?!?!?!

i bought some sweet relish, 1tblsp - 1g sugar

so of course i take out a spoonful but omfg!! its taste like im eating some highly concetrated hummingbird nectar or some real sweet honey !!!

is this thing right?!?! can there actually ONLY BE 1G of sugar in this tblsp?!?!

has anyone ever thought of this before? has anyone ever looked into this?

any help in clearing this up for me would be greatly appreciated!!

reason for my concern, i dont want my insulin spiked, trying to maintain my insulin levels low while i eat my pro/carb meals (doing a clean bulk)

i oocasionaly throw in a little condament to spice up the flavor here and there, but im very careful when doing so as not to ruin the macros of my meal!! but maaaaan!! that relish!!! feels like im pouring 1/2 cup of syrup into my sandwich

please help me out here, just clear this up for me guys!! Thanks!!
    hmm... ill look into that

and as for the comment about 2-3g of sugar will send your insulin through the roof, you misread my question, please be sure to read threads carefully before you post something that will make you sound stupid to the other members

i didnt say that 1g will spike my insulin, i said why does 1g taste like 1 tablespoon full of sugar/honey? it is sooooo sweet, it feels like im consuming 30g of sugar per tblsp!!
    he was merely commenting on the fact it can raise your insulin levels, which by your first post seemed like a concern to you.

my advice for you is not not act like an arrogant ass when someone is just replying to your thread to help you out. maybe YOU should think before you post an igorant reply to someone thats just throwing some imput your way

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin' View Post
    be very careful, 1 gram of sugar is ok but watch out cuz 2 or 3 might send ur insulin levels through the roof...
    tell me, honestly, what signicifant peice of information can i find there can help answer or understand the question?

that was just a waste of time and words, the only you thing i can think of that was positive about that reply was that you bumped it so that the next person can give me a accurate and much more worth while and reasonable response. thank you for tring though

tell me, honestly, what signicifant peice of information can i find there can help answer or understand the question?

that was just a waste of time and words, the only you thing i can think of that was positive about that reply was that you bumped it so that the next person can give me a accurate and much more worth while and reasonable response. thank you for tring though
    no it will do the opposite, whos going to want to help some arrogant guy who openly slanders everyones comments regarding his question? if you're such a genious, you shouldnt need anyones help

go have one of your rice cakes.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    i openly critisize ppl comments way too much?! wtf?!

you were the FIRST person to reply, and reply with a negative comment, htf are you gonna have the nerve to say i critisize ppl for there comments?!?!

your comment was straight up trash! wtf u want me to say?!?!?

read my reply after the 3rd comment

i thanked the other guy for taking his time in answering my question, and i stated while you on the other hand was rude

i dont need to argue with you, the evidence is all there, jus read....

from now on, please dont post in my threads, thanks alot!

oh my bad, i forgot the rest of the threads you've ever started are like this one as well.

dont worry, i wont waste my time on your precious threads.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    this is exactly why he is on my ignore list

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godkilla View Post
    this is exactly why he is on my ignore list
    lol, like i care

Jay-Ace is offline Member
    A sugar is a carbohydrate .... There are MANY different carbohydrates!!

You are referencing your taste to Sucrose (table sugar) however there are other carbohydrates which are vastly "sweeter" to the taste... The best example being Sucralose which is roughly 500+ times the "sweetness" of Sucrose.

Sucralose is usually "watered" down, as it is far too "sweet" for human taste, and used as an artificial sweetener in foodstuffs.... Look on the label for E955, Sucralose, Altern or Sucralose (as well as Apartame, Acesulphame K, Saccharin et al..) .... There will be some form of artificial sweetener in there!!

Hope that helps, cutting to the chase avoiding the bullshit!

Slaiv is offline Banned
    very good post jay, thanks!

but i know sugar is a simple carb, im just SHOCKED that only 1g of this stuff in my relish and its like super super sweet !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv View Post
    very good post jay, thanks!

but i know sugar is a simple carb, im just SHOCKED that only 1g of this stuff in my relish and its like super super sweet !!!

Does it not make sense to you??

1g of Sucralose is kinda like eating 500g of Sugar all at once (in a way)... Tastewise

You get all the sugary taste with a MUCH lower sugar level!!

Slaiv is offline Banned
    ooohhh...... but just because it TASTES really really sweet, doesnt neccesarily mean its alot of sugar in it right? thats what worried me, it felt like it was 500g of sugar!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv View Post
    ooohhh...... but just because it TASTES really really sweet, doesnt neccesarily mean its alot of sugar in it right? thats what worried me, it felt like it was 500g of sugar!!

Yup....

Modern manmade substances can trick your taste buds.... Don't believe everything your tongue tells you!! It's an ancient device and not quite up to speed with modern developments!!

Cya

Jay

Slaiv is offline Banned
    gotcha

Thread Information