tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member

Ive heard bad things about supplements and whey

i've heard that whey protein can be very harmfull to you liver and kidneys and it is scaring me away from the stuff..... i've heard supplements also have horrible long term side effects that why the FDA wont approve them....please feel free to shed some light on the situation!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    where the heck did you hear that about whey protein? whey comes from milk products and nothing more than protein. High protein diets have only been shown to be a problem with people that have impaired renal function. Plus your kidneys are much more productive than they need to be. You only need 10% kidney function to live.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    so you read that thread about whey protein eh? any diet that is too high in protein can be harmful to your kidneys. but IMO if you are serious about training you would sell a kidney just to get whey protein. i've used it for years and i have had good results supplementing my diet with it. and remember it is a SUPPLEMENT to your diet. as for supplements, are you talking about prohormones? or do you mean vitamins? "supplements" is a very broad term.

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    Only fish oil and whey protein but im not to sure when to take the fish oil gel capsules

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    with a fatty meal.

Thread Information