1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member

Class presentation on diets

hey guys, takin a class where i have to give a speech and i chose healthy dieting and looking for suggestions.

I'm going to list and explain the BMR and then basically give the sample diets on here for bulking/cutting.

also going to explain good carbs (gi)/ fats, and proteins and give a list of each.

listing necessary supplements ie; multivitamins, etc

The speech has to be 15 minutes long and i'm looking for any ideas of things i could talk about.....anybody have any good articles they'd like to share or send my way?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro View Post
    hey guys, takin a class where i have to give a speech and i chose healthy dieting and looking for suggestions.

I'm going to list and explain the BMR and then basically give the sample diets on here for bulking/cutting.

also going to explain good carbs (gi)/ fats, and proteins and give a list of each.

listing necessary supplements ie; multivitamins, etc

The speech has to be 15 minutes long and i'm looking for any ideas of things i could talk about.....anybody have any good articles they'd like to share or send my way?
    Just check out the diet stickies, cut and paste, maybe modify a bit and make your preso.

yea, thats where most of my info is gonna come from and hopefully with some handouts i give and explaining the bmr and what gi is and everything, i'll have 15 minutes.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    here's a diet PB worked out for me, you could print it out and use it as a physical aid to your presentation by talking about carb tapering, nutrient timing etc.

btw i'm 18, 5'8 180lbs 8%bf if you want to put that in there

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 485, carbs 53 pro 50, Fat 6.5

WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), WMS 80g (cal280 carb68) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs73, pro58 fat 3

PPWO - Tuna 1/2 tin (cal 72,carb0 pro15 ), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat4) 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5) TOTALS – cal480 carbs53 pro50 fat5.5

meal 4 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Coconut Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 5 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 6 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) hemp Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Before Bed – Lean Mince200g (cal328 pro51 fat12) TOTALS cal328 pro51 fat12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 2928Carbs 179 Protein 360 fat 68.5

looks like a pretty solid diet, appreciate it man

anybody have anything else they think needs to be a "staple" of this presentation in teaching ppl about healthy dieting?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    How about incorporating some clinical nutrition for people with coronary heart disease, diabetes, renal disease, etc? I think this would be a good way to open up people's eyes the importance of having good nutrition throughout their life.

yea that is a good idea, never thought of that....thanks bro

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    yea that is a good idea, never thought of that....thanks bro
    No problem. If you need help there shoot me a pm. I'm studying to be an RD, and just finished a class specifically dealing with clinical nutrition.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    the role and differences in each type of calorie ingested (ie conversion to glycogen)

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    looks like a pretty solid diet, appreciate it man

anybody have anything else they think needs to be a "staple" of this presentation in teaching ppl about healthy dieting?
    The importance of phytonutrients found in fruits and vegetables.

-CNS

Thread Information