Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheaters

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    i have absolutely no idea what the hell that even means!

serv40 is offline New Member

Talking

Hes giving me a stare down for even suggesting that people can look good and have a regular cheat day or meal.... My point was just that you can basically look just as good having a cheat day a someone who doesn't. Genetics do have a part in this I would imagine. I do not compete I just do it for a hobby and to obviously stay younger and healthier. My friend however competes Nationally. He does no cardio to speak. What he does is eat clean 6 days a week year round. In stead of crazy bulking he lean gains and cheats on sundays except for the last 8 weeks or so before a comp.. This keeps him lean and from having to bulk and when its time for a comp he doesnt have much to lose at all. So instead of having to crazy bulk to gain muscle he loses from dieting before a show he walks around lean year round and doesnt sacrifice muscle to diet.
    Right to each his own and happiness, main point was that you can cheat enjoy food you love(if thats your thing) and still stay lean. I do have to say though if your not pretty lean already, I would not have a big cheat day until you get lean and can maintain while enjoying a cheat day.

i lean gain and stay lean year round.
    i eat clean as often as possible and have no planned cheats.

and why does everyone on this board have "a friend who competes nationally?"
    what is his name, and how can i get in touch with him to discuss his training?

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    i lean gain and stay lean year round.
    i eat clean as often as possible and have no planned cheats.

and why does everyone on this board have "a friend who competes nationally?"
    what is his name, and how can i get in touch with him to discuss his training?
    LOL no kidding, I feel left out.

I bumped this thread for you cardiodan

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Mind over matter.

BTW
    My mind beat me this weekend. I eat $hit all weekend. No i feel like totally CRAP. When i go out with the b/f we go out to dinner and i tend to cheat and relax when with him. I have to change that ASAP.

significant others will be the death of us all !

he's cheating on you..

jk..

many SO will sabotage workouts, diet, everything because as we all know

"the fat ones never leave"

I know you've heard that one.. my brother told me that one..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    I bumped this thread for you cardiodan
    thanks, i PM'd him and hopefully cleared a few things up.

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    Thanks nova.
    We're discussing your answers in another thread
    "Cheat meal help"

mustang331 is offline Member
    When I was in shape (back in the day) I used to once a week have a cheat day.. I wouldn't say binge eat, but I would sure eat whatever I wanted..

Chicken fingers, mc donalds, ice cream from Carvel and so on.

The next day I was fine and never gained a pound from it and still lost weight!

I think Cheat days are great, you diet like crazy during the week and its well deserved!!

AGain, this thread was designed to promote a better option for those who want to be dedicated. and for those who think a cheat is the only way to lift the metabolism. there are different ways, and the one i promote is a carb up/carb cycling.

in the grand scheme of years of composition changes, a cheat won't effect anything, but to those of us who's composition is dynamic and we're shooting for those amazing results, cheating may hinder progress.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries

in the grand scheme of years of composition changes, a cheat won't effect anything, but to those of us who's composition is dynamic and we're shooting for those amazing results, cheating may hinder progress.

bump

-CNS

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    AGain, this thread was designed to promote a better option for those who want to be dedicated. and for those who think a cheat is the only way to lift the metabolism. there are different ways, and the one i promote is a carb up/carb cycling.

I agree....only time I go off and eat something not part of my diet is right after a show...and believe me after 18 to 20 weeks of show prep if I want a piece of cheesecake than dammit I'm having one!!! LOL Other than that carb up days personally speaking is the better option.

I've been wanting to bump this for the new group of dieters stopping by lately. Some good food for thought here fellas.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Who is really less disciplined...the guy who only eats clean carb ups.or is afraid to cheat b/c he'll go off..or the guy who has the discipline to have a cheat meal, see it for what it is...and get right back on track. I mean ive done both to varying degrees ...cheating at times has been a turkey sandwich on ww bread with let tom pickles light mayo and 1 slice of cheese with 1/3 cup all natural apple sauce...other times its been 3 pieces of pizza followed by ff frozen yogurt.And I seriously doubt that one cheat meal as long as you exercise SOME self control will make a bit of difference. If u are smart IMO you can serve both purposes and not sacrifice re: your ultimate goal. Now if we are talking contest prep or something thats diff. JMO

As expected, people see this thread in varying contexts. However I was talking to those who want to get serious. If you feel cheats are designed to help then use them. However, on this board people are striving to become better and I feel cheating is part of the beginning process but could be shortened and eventually removed.

I know we all want to enjoy food since we eat so much, and I am in no way telling you to stop doing what you enjoy. But if you are looking to make a positive change in your diet and want to become disciplined this message is aimed in your direction. good luck.

Blog Entries
    whatever it takes for the individual based on their goals i suppose... i expressed my opinion ...i dont view 1 cheat meal a week (a meal that depending on qualtity, like my first example above, some wouldnt even consider a cheat) a lack of discipline at all ...but to each his own ... I wonder if lee priest and jay cutler and so forth are serious/disciplined ? Ive gone both routes for long durations in the past and now i normally do incorporate a cheat meal ( 1 meal /week in varying degrees of "cheating" depending) ...now though im cutting bf hard and actually havent cheated since dec 25 and will continue on that path till goal bf%...good thread tho.....glad it was bumped...
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 01-09-2009 at 10:50 PM.

dg101 is offline Junior Member
    I hear you DSM. He is Joey Grecco (sp?) the host of that show "Cheaters." Remember when he got stabbed on that boat? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    whatever it takes for the individual based on their goals i suppose... i expressed my opinion ...i dont view 1 cheat meal a week (a meal that depending on qualtity, like my first example above, some wouldnt even consider a cheat) a lack of discipline at all ...but to each his own ... I wonder if lee priest and jay cutler and so forth are serious/disciplined ? Ive gone both routes for long durations in the past and now i normally do incorporate a cheat meal ( 1 meal /week in varying degrees of "cheating" depending) ...now though im cutting bf hard and actually havent cheated since dec 25 and will continue on that path till goal bf%...good thread tho.....glad it was bumped...
    i like what you said because it shows that even when people have varying opinions and don't necessarily see eye to eye, there s common ground. You say you have your cheat meal once a week, and that isn't even really a cheat meal. Sounds you have your priorities in order in regard to dieting. thanks for contributing.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    My cheat meals are regular meals with lots of alcohol.

suprman09 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Nova,

What do you think abouting cheating or a refeed in the Palumbo diet?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I wonder if lee priest and jay cutler and so forth are serious/disciplined ?
    Why waste time 'wondering'?

Are you 250+ lbs @5% bodyfat... running 5+ grams of gear, countless mcg/mg/IUs of peptides and thyroid factors (among other agents) per week?

I find it amusing when guys reference the genetic and pharmaceutical elites as personal justification for half-assing it.

Hm.. I wonder if Michael Phelps eats dough-nuts.

Let's all bump our kcal intake to 10,000kcals per day... swim a couple laps, and hope to look like him.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suprman09 View Post
    Hey Nova,

What do you think abouting cheating or a refeed in the Palumbo diet?

Thanks!

Nova, have you started to subscribe to the Palumbo school of dieting of late?

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Yank that camel toe~

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    how many cheat meals do i get a day?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Why waste time 'wondering'?

Are you 250+ lbs @5% bodyfat... running 5+ grams of gear, countless mcg/mg/IUs of peptides and thyroid factors (among other agents) per week?

I find it amusing when guys reference the genetic and pharmaceutical elites as personal justification for half-assing it.

Hm.. I wonder if Michael Phelps eats dough-nuts.

Let's all bump our kcal intake to 10,000kcals per day... swim a couple laps, and hope to look like him.

-CNS
    Good point and it was a poor analogy. I dont need to justify anything. Based on my goals and expectations my diet application , for me personally , is strict and disciplined enough. Ive done both with and without cheat meals for many many years...and in many cases my cheat meals (when i do them) would be considered good, quality meals by many. Often times for me a cheat meal might involve simply more healthy low gi complex carbs ...and possible 1/3 cup nutural no sugar added applesauce. At any rate - I personally dont consider a cheat meal half assing it in all cases - it certainly depends on your aspirations and what is your definition of "cheat meal" Again agreed - poor analolgy re: Culter and Priest etc...

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post

Nova, have you started to subscribe to the Palumbo school of dieting of late?
    nope. i'm still meat and taters, and veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    how many cheat meals do i get a day?
    a day, none. to me cheating si when a group of friends wants to go out, or something along teh lines of a social gathering. you can still eat well on those days, and the feeling of not needing to cook/clean/and measure makes it so much better for me.

Good point and it was a poor analogy. I dont need to justify anything. Based on my goals and expectations my diet application , for me personally , is strict and disciplined enough. Ive done both with and without cheat meals for many many years...and in many cases my cheat meals (when i do them) would be considered good, quality meals by many. Often times for me a cheat meal might involve simply more healthy low gi complex carbs ...and possible 1/3 cup nutural no sugar added applesauce. At any rate - I personally dont consider a cheat meal half assing it in all cases - it certainly depends on your aspirations and what is your definition of "cheat meal" Again agreed - poor analolgy re: Culter and Priest etc...
    again, jimmy, nice post. to each his own and do what works for you.

Blog Entries
    Noted.

The thing is Jimmy... this isn't what this thread is discussing.

Personally I don't consider what you outlined above 'cheating'.. but rather a re-feed.

It is far different from what the majority of posters here consider cheating.

For the majority, if it isn't made by Wendy's... it isn't a cheat meal.

It takes 21 days to cement a new behaviour... the "6-days-of-'strict'-followed-by-one-free-for-all-day" school of thought doesn't allow for the development of disciplined eating habits.

Look through the hundreds of bodybuilding forums.

Most posters are eating the same way.. using the same supps/gear... and, looking the exact same way.

Less than 10% are in shape.

And of those 10%, 5% are genetically blessed.

-C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information