Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 60

Thread: Critic my diet

  1. #1
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154

    Critic my diet

    THIS IS A NORMAL DAY FOR ME OFF CYCLE


    6:30 pre work out-----5 egg whites 1 whole egg .5 cup outs
    30 g p 27 g c 12 g f

    8:30 post work out ---10 whites ,2 whole eggs,cheese , 1 apple , skim milk
    70 g p 44 g c 18 g f

    11:30 2 cans tuna .5 cup oats
    70 g p 27 g c 6 g f

    2:00 10 whites , 2 whole eggs , banana
    53 g p 28 g c 10 g f

    4:30 2 cans tuna .5 cup oats
    70 g p 27 g c 6 g f

    7:00 10 whites , 2 whole eggs, cheese, almonds
    67 g p 9 g c 30 f

    9:30 10 whites , 2 whole eggs , almonds
    61 g p 8 g c 41 g f


    daily 421 g p 170 g c 150 g f

    Im thinking carbs a low and fat maybe little high but fat is from eggs and almonds only . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    FireGuy's Avatar
    FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center Stage
    Posts
    7,215
    What is your LBM and BF%?

  3. #3
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    5'11 192 11 % bf is what the scale says but i think its a little higher maybe 13% -------- goal 200 at 6%

  4. #4
    FireGuy's Avatar
    FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center Stage
    Posts
    7,215
    If you can get to 200lbs at 6% you should think about hitting some local shows. You are going to need to put on 21 lbs of muscle and lose 13 lbs of fat to accomplish your goal. Thats usually a good 2 year project.

  5. #5
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    didnt think it would happen by the end of the week . how about the diet ?

  6. #6
    Rugger02's Avatar
    Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,618
    I wouldn't take in more than a MAX of 300g of protein per day. Also I would lower the fat a bit.

    I'd lose the cheese and the milk and have a red potato or 2 after your workout with the eggs and apple.

  7. #7
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOSUP View Post
    THIS IS A NORMAL DAY FOR ME OFF CYCLE


    6:30 pre work out-----5 egg whites 1 whole egg .5 cup outs
    30 g p 27 g c 12 g f

    8:30 post work out ---10 whites ,2 whole eggs,cheese , 1 apple , skim milk
    70 g p 44 g c 18 g f

    11:30 2 cans tuna .5 cup oats
    70 g p 27 g c 6 g f

    2:00 10 whites , 2 whole eggs , banana
    53 g p 28 g c 10 g f

    4:30 2 cans tuna .5 cup oats
    70 g p 27 g c 6 g f

    7:00 10 whites , 2 whole eggs, cheese, almonds
    67 g p 9 g c 30 f

    9:30 10 whites , 2 whole eggs , almonds
    61 g p 8 g c 41 g f


    daily 421 g p 170 g c 150 g f

    Im thinking carbs a low and fat maybe little high but fat is from eggs and almonds only . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    And this diet is because you want to....?

  8. #8
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    lean bulk till next cycle

  9. #9
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOSUP View Post
    lean bulk till next cycle
    How mant time per do you train and how much cardio?

  10. #10
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    train mon threw friday .sat, sun off . half hour of cardio right after workout atleast 4 out of the 5 days

  11. #11
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOSUP View Post
    THIS IS A NORMAL DAY FOR ME OFF CYCLE


    6:30 pre work out-----5 egg whites 1 whole egg .5 cup outs
    30 g p 27 g c 12 g f

    8:30 post work out ---10 whites ,2 whole eggs,cheese , 1 apple , skim milk No cheese, or whole eggs. Make this a protein shake based meal as you'll need Amino Acids fast. 50 grams whey, 1.5 cup skim milk, 1 banana. Blend all.
    70 g p 44 g c 18 g f

    11:30 2 cans tuna .5 cup oats
    70 g p 27 g c 6 g f Too much Tuna, 1 can should be good, add 1/2 scoop whey in water

    2:00 10 whites , 2 whole eggs , banana try to move this meal 1 hr earlier,no yolks, No banana, have a large salad with olive oil based dressing.
    53 g p 28 g c 10 g f

    4:30 2 cans tuna .5 cup oats
    70 g p 27 g c 6 g f same as the other tuna meal

    7:00 10 whites , 2 whole eggs, cheese, almonds
    67 g p 9 g c 30 f take out the cheese, add 2 cup veggies

    9:30 10 whites , 2 whole eggs , almonds
    61 g p 8 g c 41 g f take out the yolks, how much almonds? 1/4 cup should be good (25-30 almonds)


    daily 421 g p 170 g c 150 g f

    Im thinking carbs a low and fat maybe little high but fat is from eggs and almonds only . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    In bold.

    keep a shake of 1 scoop casein or 1 scoop whey in water by ur bed, when u get up to the bathroon down it.
    If you use whey then add 1/2 tbs olive oil in it.

    Good luck

  12. #12
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOSUP View Post
    train mon threw friday .sat, sun off . half hour of cardio right after workout atleast 4 out of the 5 days
    Don't do cardio after your workout. You are losing valuable anabolic time.
    Cardio in the morning once you wake up as a 20 minutes jogg, have 10 grams BCAA in water or caps. Then do your cardio, hit the shower, eat breakfast, then hit the gym.

  13. #13
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    if my time is limited in the morning can i do cardio empty stomic, then do a whey shake and maybe carb drink then hit the gym , instead of going home and making breakfast? then i could get home and make my post workout meal and down it as soon as possible

  14. #14
    sizerp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Exoneration. . .
    Posts
    3,478
    You'll want to have aminos before you do cardio in the AM to prevent catabolism, since you've already been fasting all night, during your sleep. It's best to separate your cardio, I agree. Maybe do your cardio later in the evening if you have time, instead.

  15. #15
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOSUP View Post
    if my time is limited in the morning can i do cardio empty stomic, then do a whey shake and maybe carb drink then hit the gym , instead of going home and making breakfast? then i could get home and make my post workout meal and down it as soon as possible
    You can do that, but just make sure you have ur midnight shake, that will effect your strength dramatically.
    30 minutes after your cardio, have 60 grams complex carb drink with 40 grams whey in water.

  16. #16
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    ok thanks for the info its greatly appreciated

  17. #17
    M302_Imola's Avatar
    M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glass Case of Emotion
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    Don't do cardio after your workout. You are losing valuable anabolic time.
    With all due respect, I dont' agree with this statement! If you limit your workout to an hour or a little less then I see no problem with 20-30 min steady state low intensity cardio. Just keep your heart rate between 60-70% MHR to stay in that fat burning zone. Fasted state cardio can be beneficial as well but sometimes our busy schedules interfere. I like to mix cardio up, somedays I do it pwo, some first thing in the morn, and some HIIT.

    To the op, you should bump up the carbs in your pre workout meal to 1 cup of oats. Also, try to limit the amount of egg yolks as your primary fat source. Use almonds, fish oil, olive oil, and natty pb too.

  18. #18
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    With all due respect, I dont' agree with this statement! If you limit your workout to an hour or a little less then I see no problem with 20-30 min steady state low intensity cardio. Just keep your heart rate between 60-70% MHR to stay in that fat burning zone. Fasted state cardio can be beneficial as well but sometimes our busy schedules interfere. I like to mix cardio up, somedays I do it pwo, some first thing in the morn, and some HIIT.

    To the op, you should bump up the carbs in your pre workout meal to 1 cup of oats. Also, try to limit the amount of egg yolks as your primary fat source. Use almonds, fish oil, olive oil, and natty pb too.
    Thats exactly here the problem is. You gotta cut into your work out time.
    If I ever do cardio post workout its only 10 minutes of interval sprinting, the 30 minutes post your workout is the most anabolic state your body will reach during the entire day.
    Simply your are closing the window of deliviering maximum nutrients and glycogen to your exahusted muscles.
    It makes no sense to waste it to do cardio. I do my cardio separate, That is how it should be done. Doing cardio after weights is just for time issue, since 99% of ppl cannot make it to the gym twice/day.

  19. #19
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays;433***3
    Thats exactly here the problem is. You gotta cut into your work out time.
    If I ever do cardio post workout its only 10 minutes of interval sprinting, the 30 minutes post your workout is the most anabolic state your body will reach during the entire day.
    Simply your are closing the window of deliviering maximum nutrients and glycogen to your exahusted muscles.
    It makes no sense to waste it to do cardio. I do my cardio separate, That is how it should be done. Doing cardio after weights is just for time issue, since 99% of ppl cannot make it to the gym twice/day.
    i disagree ...eliminating time issue if possible (cardio shouldnt cut into resistance training time agreed) but cardio pwo is perfect due to depleted glycogen stores and body turning to fat for fuel as opposed to the 20 mins it takes to get to that point. Cardio am w/ bcaa similar effect but if not possible in am i feel pwo is best time. Anabolic window is 60 mins post resistance training - plenty of time for cardio plus fast digesting protein shake (whey - isolate or hydroisolate best but any whey good). Bottom line with cardio ...do it. There may be optimal times but fact is do when you can and will get it done. If you cant do in am or pwo make sure to do at least 45-50 mins . All cardio for me personally is low intensity ..fat burning target hr ...not cariovascular heart rate. Everyone slightly diif but that works for me. JMO .....

  20. #20
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i disagree ...eliminating time issue if possible (cardio shouldnt cut into resistance training time agreed) but cardio pwo is perfect due to depleted glycogen stores and body turning to fat for fuel as opposed to the 20 mins it takes to get to that point. Cardio am w/ bcaa similar effect but if not possible in am i feel pwo is best time. Anabolic window is 60 mins post resistance training - plenty of time for cardio plus fast digesting protein shake (whey - isolate or hydroisolate best but any whey good). Bottom line with cardio ...do it. There may be optimal times but fact is do when you can and will get it done. If you cant do in am or pwo make sure to do at least 45-50 mins . All cardio for me personally is low intensity ..fat burning target hr ...not cariovascular heart rate. Everyone slightly diif but that works for me. JMO .....
    Exactly, that don't make it correct.
    You can disagree all you want, but facts are facts. Cardio should be seperated from weights if possible.

  21. #21
    FireGuy's Avatar
    FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center Stage
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    Exactly, that don't make it correct.
    You can disagree all you want, but facts are facts. Cardio should be seperated from weights if possible.
    Sorry Smoke, I disagree also, think low intensity cardio post workout for 30 minutes is perfect. I would also have him leave the 2 yokes in the eggs but agree with you on cutting the tuna serving in half.

  22. #22
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Sorry Smoke, I disagree also, think low intensity cardio post workout for 30 minutes is perfect. I would also have him leave the 2 yokes in the eggs but agree with you on cutting the tuna serving in half.
    I never said it was bad for you. But it lowers your chances of taking advantage of the anabolic state you create with weights training.

  23. #23
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    ^^^ right and the fact is u arent "losing" valuable anabolic time ....and what u stated is your opinion ...by no means fact ... the fact is doing cardio alone wastes 20 mins burning glycogen stores unecessarily when you could do it pwo when stores are depleted and immedaitely burn fat for fuel ...your "only one trip to the gym theory" is bs ...what i said is a sound reason to do this...the anabolic window is at least 60 mins post resistance training ..plenty of time to get proper nutrients into your system after cardio ....THATS a fact... if u cant do it am ..pwo is equally as efficient a time....possibly better since pre wo meal plus anabolic window will prevent catabolism as well...oh wait thats another fact....
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-16-2008 at 02:25 PM.

  24. #24
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    ^^^ well i have to retract ..prob not better than am but just as efficient a time to do it.

  25. #25
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ right and the fact is u arent "losing" valuable anabolic time ....and what u stated is your opinion ...by no means fact ... the fact is doing cardio alone wastes 20 mins burning glycogen stores unecessarily when you could do it pwo when stores are depleted and immedaitely burn fat for fuel ...your "only one trip to the gym theory" is bs ...what i said is a sound reason to do this...the anabolic window is at least 60 mins post resistance training ..plenty of time to get proper nutrients into your system after cardio ....THATS a fact... if u cant do it am ..pwo is equally as efficient a time....possibly better since pre wo meal will prevent catabolism as well...no need for bcaa supplementation...... oh wait thats another fact....
    State all the "facts" you want. Say what you want just don't cross the line. There is no need for that bro. BS is from the people who talk after reading stuff here and there, It cannot be BS after VERY successful trials.

  26. #26
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    ^^^ and exactly how did the "one trip to the gym" trial work out??? gimme a break ..i shared my own personal "trial" on what works for me and im far from the first and its based on solid fact ...works for me and obviously many others... and maybe you can explain how u r missing that anabolic window again? I guess in your mind your opinion is fact...and u are entitled to it...and I am entitled to mine. Dont disguise your personal opinions as "set in stone" facts and dont disregard others opinions and i see no problems. This is far from an exact science ..anyone around for the last 10 -20 years can tell you all the changes in exercise "facts" .... i try to keep an open mind ...it keeps me learning ... and no matter who you are or what you know u can always learn something ...even find out what u thought was a fact isnt (and im not being a smartass with that comment)

  27. #27
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ and exactly how did the "one trip to the gym" trial work out??? gimme a break ..i shared my own personal "trial" on what works for me and im far from the first and its based on solid fact ...works for me and obviously many others... and maybe you can explain how u r missing that anabolic window again? I guess in your mind your opinion is fact...and u are entitled to it...and I am entitled to mine. Dont disguise your personal opinions as "set in stone" facts and dont disregard others opinions and i see no problems. This is far from an exact science ..anyone around for the last 10 -20 years can tell you all the changes in exercise "facts" .... i try to keep an open mind ...it keeps me learning ... and no matter who you are or what you know u can always learn something ...even find out what u thought was a fact isnt (and im not being a smartass with that comment)
    I agree. lets get the argument over with. CLOSED.

  28. #28
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    ^^ its all good - i think i mistook your comment from post #20 a little personal - kinda like an im right your wrong ..at any rate we obviously see this issue differently ..ive jacked this guys thread enough ..i apologize if i offended - it wasnt my intention but i did get overly sarcastic.

  29. #29
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    dang it, i missed out on the fun, lol

  30. #30
    NEOSUP's Avatar
    NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    parking lot of fame
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    dang it, i missed out on the fun, lol
    go for it im still here reading and learning

  31. #31
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    dang it, i missed out on the fun, lol
    Lets go, what you got to ssy about the debated issue?!


  32. #32
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    ^^ Oh brother here we go AGAIN ...now it'll be 2 on one ....*L* bring it .... Phate u know i make friends wherever i go .....

  33. #33
    sizerp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Exoneration. . .
    Posts
    3,478
    It does make sense that after lifting, for lets say an hour max, your glycogen stores will be pretty depleted if it's an intense workout.

    What I do know is that, this dude who was Mr. CT a few years back (He trained from 20-30 yrs old natty for his competition he said) told me that if I am bulking, never do cardio lol. Oh well... I do cardio after training like 2-3 times/week, low intensity for about 10-15 mins. But I am an ecto and I shed fat easily, and have been a steady 11-12% BF throughout the past 4 months, and I've gained approx 30lbs.

    So, not much to compare with but I'd be curious to see how running in the AM, on a whey shake for 20-30 minutes 5x a week would do. I don't want to drop 10lbs of fat just yet, I'd rather bulk to 200lb+ then cut, then bulk back up.
    Last edited by sizerp; 12-16-2008 at 05:14 PM.

  34. #34
    sizerp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Exoneration. . .
    Posts
    3,478
    Sorry for the

  35. #35
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    It does make sense that after lifting, for lets say an hour max, your glycogen stores will be pretty depleted if it's an intense workout.

    What I do know is that, this dude who was Mr. CT a few years back (He trained from 20-30 yrs old natty for his competition he said) told me that if I am bulking, never do cardio lol. Oh well... I do cardio after training like 2-3 times/week, low intensity for about 10-15 mins. But I am an ecto and I shed fat easily, and have been a steady 11-12% BF throughout the past 4 months, and I've gained approx 30lbs.

    So, not much to compare with but I'd be curious to see how running in the AM, on a whey shake for 20-30 minutes 5x a week would do. I don't want to drop 10lbs of fat just yet, I'd rather bulk to 200lb+ then cut, then bulk back up.
    What I'm saying is pretty damn simple people.
    For maximum results and best benefit of BOTH the weight lifting session and the cardio session, it is best to separate if you are trying to lean AND preserve maximum muscle at the same time.
    Doing cardio after wieghts is not a crime, it is highly effective BUT not as much as AM cardio on BCAA only. Most people combine both because most people don't have the time privilge. That is not a theory, I see that through my clients and other peers in the gym.

  36. #36
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    I will prove it to you SCIENTIFICALLY, I will take my blood sugar tomorrow morning after 8 hours sleep, and then take it after 60 minutes of intense wieght lifting. If the AM number is smaller then I win, deal?

  37. #37
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    I will prove it to you SCIENTIFICALLY, I will take my blood sugar tomorrow morning after 8 hours sleep, and then take it after 60 minutes of intense wieght lifting. If the AM number is smaller then I win, deal?
    Lol, that's not anywhere close to a scientific trial, you could do an intense forearm workout and barely tap glycogen stores, plus you have to account for number of sets, intensity during sets, type of exercise used(compound or simple), rep range, etc etc....

    i'll get in on the debate, just give me a few minutes to read all that been going on

  38. #38
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    I will prove it to you SCIENTIFICALLY, I will take my blood sugar tomorrow morning after 8 hours sleep, and then take it after 60 minutes of intense wieght lifting. If the AM number is smaller then I win, deal?


    ^^^prob lower in am for sure but i also wonder (damn im stubborn) if the few grams of bcaa get your body out of catabolic state u r in from sleeping (unless juicing) and prevent muscle catabolism during cardio. Maybe so.. its possible ..but i am curious. I also dont see how cardio post resistance will cause u to lose muscle ...you have a high level of anabolic hormones from resistance training ... and you sill have time to take in nutrients well within the 1 hour anabolic window. I really think this is a personal choice thing ...I dont think you or anyone (me included) can say for sure what is best for everyone...trial and error on an individual basis. We can both cite studies and opinions on why this way or that way is better. Try both and see what works best for you ..bottom line again ...just do it ..PWO / AM ...hell midday if you have to (just longer duration) but do it. At proper hr it burns mostly fat not muscle and will temporarily increase metabolism to continue fat burning post cardio for a short time. Didnt we agree to let this go????

  39. #39
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    ^^ btw im actually experimenting right now with taking bcaa post workout before cardio - which i have never done - based on another similar thread. I want to try it and see how it works ..ive come to find that pwo cardio then pwo shake after cardio led to fat loss at a good rate for me and i never felt i lost muscle ...but im willing to try this to see if i get same/better results.

  40. #40
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    [QUOTE=jimmyinkedup;4339756]I will prove it to you SCIENTIFICALLY, I will take my blood sugar tomorrow morning after 8 hours sleep, and then take it after 60 minutes of intense wieght lifting. If the AM number is smaller then I win, deal?


    ^^^prob lower in am for sure but i also wonder (damn im stubborn) if the few grams of bcaa get your body out of catabolic state u r in from sleeping (unless juicing) and prevent muscle catabolism during cardio. Maybe so.. its possible ..but i am curious. I also dont see how cardio post resistance will cause u to lose muscle ...you have a high level of anabolic hormones from resistance training ... and you sill have time to take in nutrients well within the 1 hour anabolic window. I really think this is a personal choice thing ...I dont think you or anyone (me included) can say for sure what is best for everyone...trial and error on an individual basis. We can both cite studies and opinions on why this way or that way is better. Try both and see what works best for you ..bottom line again ...just do it ..PWO / AM ...hell midday if you have to (just longer duration) but do it. At proper hr it burns mostly fat not muscle and will temporarily increase metabolism to continue fat burning post cardio for a short time. Didnt we agree to let this go????[/QUOTE]

    if ya'll did then i'll back off, but he called me out in an earlier post so i figured we could have a good debate, ya'll tell me if this is gonna continue or not, ya'll are the original debaters so it's ya'lls choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •