mistergodbody is offline Junior Member

Unhappy My low carb diet and facial changes...help!

Hi guys,

about three months ago i went through alot of stress starting a new job...i was getting panic attacks and i put on alot of weight around my midsection. It freaked me out so much i went on a very low carb diet....i been on this low carb diet for about 3 months now....without even one cheat day....the only carbs i take in is complex carbs from 2 cups of oatmeal...2 pieces of wheat bread and 2 apples daily..(plus my pro and fats)...ive leaned down alot and somehow kept alot of my muscle....butthe problem now is i got these really bad bags under my eyes....im only 25 and i never had this problem even when not sleeping for 3 days straight. I went to my HRT doc and my test levels were very low(201) for the last 7 months and my thyroid was fine. Am i getting these bags from low test levels or going on this crazy diet for too long without 1 cheat day???!! Help me out guys, cuz this is freakin' me out. Thanks!

tdoby is offline New Member
    Your taking in almost 200 carbs a day, how is that low-carb? Thats probably why you kept the muscle. What are your stats?

Jakspro is offline Member
    You still feeling stressed out? If so, I'd attribute the bags to that. Happens to many people, including myself.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergodbody View Post
    Hi guys,

about three months ago i went through alot of stress starting a new job...i was getting panic attacks and i put on alot of weight around my midsection. It freaked me out so much i went on a very low carb diet....i been on this low carb diet for about 3 months now....without even one cheat day....the only carbs i take in is complex carbs from 2 cups of oatmeal...2 pieces of wheat bread and 2 apples daily..(plus my pro and fats)...ive leaned down alot and somehow kept alot of my muscle....butthe problem now is i got these really bad bags under my eyes....im only 25 and i never had this problem even when not sleeping for 3 days straight. I went to my HRT doc and my test levels were very low(201) for the last 7 months and my thyroid was fine. Am i getting these bags from low test levels or going on this crazy diet for too long without 1 cheat day???!! Help me out guys, cuz this is freakin' me out. Thanks!

Get your e2 number checked. I am gonna guess that your estrogen is through the roof as well as having low test.

25 yrs old.....6'5 255lbs....8%bf

tdoby is offline New Member
    Not sure what could be causing your facial changes but, why not add a cheat day/meal? It's good to trick your body once a week so you dont plateau and keeps you from going crazy. At 8%bf you can afford to cheat Id kill for that bf%

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Those are pro stats.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    RED BLOOD CELL deposits under the eye..

there are many OTC topicals that will help with that..

circle eraser is one that comes to mind..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys,

Your diet is neither 'crazy' or 'low carb'.

I would fathom that your fat intake is too low however... as well as your fiber intake.

I'd fathom that you're not getting enough vitamins and other micronutrients either.

You did not state whether your level of stress has changed... but if it isn't then that, combined with your diet (and micronutrient intake/profile), could be contributing to said state.

How are you sleeping BTW?

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Those are pro stats.
    @6'5"?

Nah.

I've been much better with the stress....and my sleep has not been good at all. I dont feel refreshed when i wake up in the mornings. I wanna fall asleep when im in the shower after waking up. I have enough fiber in my diet. Have enough oatmeal and prunes throughout the day. I think a big part is with my sleep. I have to take a unisom to sleep and i dont even sleep on my mattress. I usually end up knockin' out on my sofa for the last few months.

Blog Entries
    ^^Then clearly you have a serious issue.

Why is it that people sidestep the most clear and present issue, to go look for an underlying cause?

mousetraps is offline Member
    you gotta get away from that unisom. If I am not mistaken, the active chemical in it sorta revives your beta receptors. In my experience with panic attacks, it almost seems like the sleeping pills let your adrenalin get blocked up until it comes out in panic attacks. If your liver health is ok, I would suggest switching to kava kava for a while, see how you like that. You can get it at grocery stores most of the time. It doesnt make you sleepy so much, but it is widely known for getting rid of anxiety on the spot. I always keep some on hand, as it is awesome before giving speeches. It's what I imagine beta blockers are like.

As for the bags, there is some controversy but Preparation H rubbed on the bags before bed worked pretty well for me. I had to do that because my panic attacks always occurred while laying in bed. I think they call it agorophobia or something... the fear of being in certain places, as they spur panic attacks. I used to resort to the couch too.

Another trick that got me out of rough times was to fall asleep in bed with the tv on.

good luck

Mouse

Thread Information