Thread: Cheat Meal!

Muselz is offline Junior Member

Cheat Meal!

How does a cheat meal work? Can you use it in a bulk diet?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    it's what it sounds like. it's cheating. now if you need one do it, but just beacsue, i don't buy into that. many do.

i use those cravings and "cheat meals' as ways to carb up and reload on the good stuff. potatoes and steak!

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by Muselz View Post
    How does a cheat meal work? Can you use it in a bulk diet?
    a cheat meal is used when you are on a VERY VERY strict diet of the same foods day in and day out. Meaning a diet that has NO bad foods in it whatsoever

so you take ONE meal a week and have whatever you want. cookies, ice cream fatty fried foods, whatever, but ONLY ONE.

This helps break the monotony so you don't go crazy and kill someone because you have been only eating chicken breasts and sweet potatoes for the last 12 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    a cheat meal is used when you are on a VERY VERY strict diet of the same foods day in and day out. Meaning a diet that has NO bad foods in it whatsoever

so you take ONE meal a week and have whatever you want. cookies, ice cream fatty fried foods, whatever, but ONLY ONE.

This helps break the monotony so you don't go crazy and kill someone because you have been only eating chicken breasts and sweet potatoes for the last 12 weeks
    I'm on a bulk diet right know, would a cheat meal once a week be of any advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    it's what it sounds like. it's cheating. now if you need one do it, but just beacsue, i don't buy into that. many do.

i use those cravings and "cheat meals' as ways to carb up and reload on the good stuff. potatoes and steak!
    So it is advised when bulking?

So it is advised when bulking?
    there are different degrees of cheating. what was explained above is the serious cheat. i myself don't do it. i just up carbs on that day and make it a benefit. let's face it, we all get those cravings. but why not eat a pound of beef with a pound of whole wheat pasta, or something of that nature and really pack it in? i find no rhyme or reason to eat shit like that. even if it is once a week. but if you do want to "cheat" and eat shit, i don't have my experience with that.

there are different degrees of cheating. what was explained above is the serious cheat. i myself don't do it. i just up carbs on that day and make it a benefit. let's face it, we all get those cravings. but why not eat a pound of beef with a pound of whole wheat pasta, or something of that nature and really pack it in? i find no rhyme or reason to eat shit like that. even if it is once a week. but if you do want to "cheat" and eat shit, i don't have my experience with that.
    Obviously i am bulking, so if i decided to do a cheat meal once a week it would be an advantage, would it not? (i.e. 3000 calories a day and on a cheat day eat 3500 calories).

Obviously i am bulking, so if i decided to do a cheat meal once a week it would be an advantage, would it not? (i.e. 3000 calories a day and on a cheat day eat 3500 calories).
    just try to think about it simply for a minute. is eating trash an advantage? simply, no. why not just up your daily cals with extra carbs throughout your day? help replenish that tapped glycogen without trans fats, empty cals, and other unhealthy additives.

just try to think about it simply for a minute. is eating trash an advantage? simply, no. why not just up your daily cals with extra carbs throughout your day? help replenish that tapped glycogen without trans fats, empty cals, and other unhealthy additives.
    True! So ill eat 3500 cals once a week and 3000 cals for 6 days! Sounds ok?

if those numbers are indeed what you need, then it should be fine.

if those numbers are indeed what you need, then it should be fine.
    Thanks for the input!

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    will only help you on a bulking diet

Quote Originally Posted by british bulldog 1 View Post
    will only help you on a bulking diet
    in what ways would a cheat meal help you more than a general caloric and carb boost throughout an entire day?

Thread Information