garythompson is offline Associate Member

simple carbs in place of complex

Its hard for me to get enough carbs per day into my diet. I know you normally stay away from simple carbs becuase complex ones break down more slowly and give a sustained release of energy. But its hard for me to eat so many carbs through out the day. I was trying to find a way to get more into my appetite. How about sipping on apple juice between meals. Sipping. It'll be ingested slowly, so won't that essentially be the same as getting a complex carb source since its sustained? or do you have any other tips to getting more carbs into my diet?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by garythompson View Post
    Its hard for me to get enough carbs per day into my diet. I know you normally stay away from simple carbs becuase complex ones break down more slowly and give a sustained release of energy. But its hard for me to eat so many carbs through out the day. I was trying to find a way to get more into my appetite. How about sipping on apple juice between meals. Sipping. It'll be ingested slowly, so won't that essentially be the same as getting a complex carb source since its sustained? or do you have any other tips to getting more carbs into my diet?
    how bout carrying oatmeal, plastics cups and spoons, water, splenda and cinnamon in the trunk of your car? 60seconds and you have a complex carb source

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    go home and cook some mashed sweet potatoes. seperate it into contianers
    crack open the container and chow down

or even oatmeal bars. make sure they are low in sugar and fat of course. but there are some decent ones out there.

though i must say that if your a hardcore ectomorph and gaining is incrediably hard for you... (like it is for me)

then simple carbs through out the day wont hurt

i eat simple carbs all the time and still keep a decent 6 pack without cardio

but im not sayin that everyone can do so

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    though i must say that if your a hardcore ectomorph and gaining is incrediably hard for you... (like it is for me)

then simple carbs through out the day wont hurt

i eat simple carbs all the time and still keep a decent 6 pack without cardio

but im not sayin that everyone can do so
    you sexy ectomorphic bastard, i want to be able to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    you sexy ectomorphic bastard, i want to be able to do that
    its a rough life. ill admit it. hahahah

but for real... lately ive been alot more strict with my diet. but normally i eat tons of simple carbs and i have a massive sweet tooth so lots of sugars too. and i dont gain any fat. (or muscle obviously)

but some ppl dont realize that ppl like me (6'3, super high metabolism, ectomorph) cant always gain weight with a solid diet. we may need to throw in some crappy calories in order to get enough food in us

its a rough life. ill admit it. hahahah

but for real... lately ive been alot more strict with my diet. but normally i eat tons of simple carbs and i have a massive sweet tooth so lots of sugars too. and i dont gain any fat. (or muscle obviously)

but some ppl dont realize that ppl like me (6'3, super high metabolism, ectomorph) cant always gain weight with a solid diet. we may need to throw in some crappy calories in order to get enough food in us
    i just posted something to that effect, then when you are clean bulking and over 4000cal a day you either have to up your good fats or add a little less than clean food, your stomach can only take so much volume

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i just posted something to that effect, then when you are clean bulking and over 4000cal a day you either have to up your good fats or add a little less than clean food, your stomach can only take so much volume
    exactly
    seems like you and i think alike pretty often.

haha

exactly
    seems like you and i think alike pretty often.

haha
    yeppers, great whores think alike

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    yeah giving up gaining fat sucks because it's so hard to gain muscle too. i'd rather be able to gain muscle and fat because i hear its easier to lose fat than gain muscle.

i only have ten minutes on my breaks at work so i have to have something prepared already. that's why i was thinking about drinking simple carbs between breaks. i'll try it and see if it helps. i know it can't hurt any. i can't possibly cram anymore food into my diet as it is. i'll probably have to end up eating more fat. even while on this bulking diet i've been trying to be on i've lost some body fat from the added workouts.

Thread Information