MattUK666 is offline Associate Member

Downing Raw Eggs

Hey

I am aware that there is another Egg thread, but I did not want to hijack it.

I do not like eggs, but I am willing to add it to my cycle diet in the morning, for the extra protein.

I just would like to know how many cals/carbs/protein is in one egg?

I have never tried this before, so, do I literally just break open X amount of eggs, whisk them all up for a minute, and then down them? (and attempt to keep them down...lol...)

Thanks guys, again I am sorry for another egg thread.

Matt

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    5-7 grams of protein per egg white depending on the size of the egg.

check out eggwhitesinc . com or lanaseggwhites. com i have never used either personally but you can order egg whites in bulk that are actually safe to drink straight up

if youre just cracking them from the shell you take the salmonella risk..not likely but why risk it?

Wow, never thought about salmonella! Thanks!

I am just trying to find more sources of protein that I can eat alot of.

Its not easy eating 3000 + calories a day.

I agree, it does get hard. Check out those two websites for a safe alternative for drinking egg whites.

Ok, thankyou.

jfalco is offline Member
    If you're going to drink your eggs, get pasturized egg whites in a bottle. I also have trouble eating 3000+ calories and drinking eggs helps a lot. Mix with chocolate whey powder, natural peanut butter and a little watter and it actually tastes really good.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios View Post
    5-7 grams of protein per egg white depending on the size of the egg.

check out eggwhitesinc . com or lanaseggwhites. com i have never used either personally but you can order egg whites in bulk that are actually safe to drink straight up

if youre just cracking them from the shell you take the salmonella risk..not likely but why risk it?
    i would like to point out the following: The bioavailability of raw egg is A LOT less than cooked egg. something like 50% but i dont know exact number, so if each egg has 7g protein, you get roughly 3.5g consuming it raw. that means you need about 10 raw eggs to get a good serving of protein.

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    I have drank raw eggs and egg beaters. I would suggest using egg beaters or something like them since they are pasturized so you wont get salmonella although its a 1 in 600,000 chance it could still happen at any time. also I would definately recommend using orange juice. you can mix it with orange juice but that ends being alot to consume when your drinking 18 egg whites so I would just drink the eggs first and then chase it with orange juice. I did this for about 6 months before I got sick of it but the orange juice was a must.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    i would like to point out the following: The bioavailability of raw egg is A LOT less than cooked egg. something like 50% but i dont know exact number, so if each egg has 7g protein, you get roughly 3.5g consuming it raw. that means you need about 10 raw eggs to get a good serving of protein.
    raw is 75% i believe and one the enzyme is activated it's around 95%

Quote Originally Posted by mx3 View Post
    I have drank raw eggs and egg beaters. I would suggest using egg beaters or something like them since they are pasturized so you wont get salmonella although its a 1 in 600,000 chance it could still happen at any time. also I would definately recommend using orange juice. you can mix it with orange juice but that ends being alot to consume when your drinking 18 egg whites so I would just drink the eggs first and then chase it with orange juice. I did this for about 6 months before I got sick of it but the orange juice was a must.
    it's 1:20,000 from what i've read

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    1 in 20000 sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    I thought those bottled egg whites ready to drink had a higher bio availability than that becuase they were pasteurized....am i mistaken?

I have never used them i just cook them in an omlette myself

I know eggwhitesinc has this little pump like a lotion bottle to get the whites out of the gallon tub..so 10 egg whites isnt bad when you can safely chug it

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios View Post
    I thought those bottled egg whites ready to drink had a higher bio availability than that becuase they were pasteurized....am i mistaken?

I have never used them i just cook them in an omlette myself

I know eggwhitesinc has this little pump like a lotion bottle to get the whites out of the gallon tub..so 10 egg whites isnt bad when you can safely chug it
    pasteurization activates the enzyme in eggs that increases bioavailibility, so the bottled egg whites are more bioactive than raw(when we say raw we mean unpasteurized right now of the shell)

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I do not down raw eggs very often. If I am in a hurry or I wake up early and do not want to make a lot of noise and wake someone up I will down ome from a glass.

Dave311089 is offline New Member
    am not sure if ure allowed 2 link to websites or not but i will if its not allowed please tell me lol. if you visit www.myprotien.co.uk you can buy a bottle of ready 2 drink egg stuff been checked 4 salmonella and stuff its worth checkin out. also other great stuff on the site

Ashman46 is offline New Member
    Raw egg protein is only 51% bioavailable where as cooked egg protein is 90% PLus not a fan of the raw egg taste and the salmonella risk.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman46;455***8
    Raw egg protein is only 51% bioavailable where as cooked egg protein is 90% PLus not a fan of the raw egg taste and the salmonella risk.
    get pasturized egg whites... 95% bioavailability

Thread Information