Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigBoyAdd is offline Junior Member

Red face Anew BigBoy need help with cutting diet

Lets start anew

Quick round up about me:
    Just over 2years I weighed a big ass 252lb, it got so bad it started to effected my work and frankly my sex life lol. I went and picked up a bench bar/dumbbell set and started hitting the weights hard at home. I managed to knock of a total of 20lb within 2.5 months, but then it slowed.

That s when I brought in cardio into the program. I would get up and do AM runs, well more like a jog but I couldn't last long, a mere 15minutes and I was feeling like my heart was going to go. It tuck months and months before I started to see my time and speed go up. Now I'm at the point where I could hit the road for 1hour session at a good speed, the only issue that has plagued me is my feet.

I ended up out-growing my weights, so I started up at the gym. Its the shittest gym on the planet but I love it. I go 3mornings a week and use the Power rack. I love doing compound work.

My lowest was 194lb, right now I'm 206lb and looking to drop 25/30lb ? My BF comes in at 20-ish ?. Nearly all my fat hangs of the midsection.

My goals:
    My goal is to add mass and really lean out. I want to look good in and out of a shirt. I've got holidays coming up in 3 and a bit months and want photos of a fit guy and got some fat ass bumming it down at the beech.

My Body stats:

Hight: 6” 0”
    Weight: 206lb
    Body fat: 20-ish %

My Lifting stats:

Squats:
    130kg
    Dead lift:
    90kg
    Bench press:
    80kg
    Clean and press:
    50kg
    Bent over rows:
    75kg
    Pull ups:
    5/6reps
    Biceps curls:
    40kg

My workout program is:
    5X5
    Sun: AM-workout A / pm-Hilt 20minutes
    Mon: PM-cardio 30minutes
    Tues: PM-cardio 30minutes
    Wed: AM-workout B / pm-Hilt 20minutes
    Thur: PM-cardio 30minutes
    Fri: AM-workout A / pm-Hilt 20minutes
    Sat: REST DAY

WORKOUT A
    Squats 5x5
    Bench press 5x5
    Bent over rows 5x5
    Push ups 3xf
    Reverse crunch 3x12

WORKOUT B
    Squats 5x5
    Clean and press 5x5
    Dead lifts 3x5
    Pull ups / Chin ups 3xf
    Prone bridge 3x30sec

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non training days
    This is the diet Im running now, I no its poor and here's where I think I really need your skills.

M1
    3 scrambled eggs on a slice of whole grain toast

M2
    2scoops of Ons whey (in water) + fruit

M3
    lean chicken with whole grain rice and veg

M4:
    Lean pork meat with whole grain rice and veg

Training days
    This is the diet Im running now, I no its poor and here's where I think I really need your skills.

pre
    2scoops of Ons whey (in water) 3 scrambled eggs on a slice of whole grain toast.

2scoops of Ons whey (in water) bowl of oats (in milk)

M1
    Chicken breast with whole grain rice and veg

M2

M3

Pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anew BigBoy need help with cutting diet-38934939389.jpg  
    Last edited by BigBoyAdd; 04-10-2009 at 07:56 AM.

OK that should be ok on the info, sorry it was a little like in the other thread

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    Lets start anew

Quick round up about me:
    Just over 2years I weighed a big ass 252lb, it got so bad it started to effected my work and frankly my sex life lol. I went and picked up a bench bar/dumbbell set and started hitting the weights hard at home. I managed to knock of a total of 20lb within 2.5 months, but then it slowed. results will be great for beginners but will taper if you dont switch up routines/know what your doing

That s when I brought in cardio into the program.cardio should always be in the program and i would do it after the workout. when you workout you deplete store glycogen in the muscles, aka carbs that your body uses in weight training. then once you do some alternating high and low intensity cardio, or just low intensity (switch it up), you will use fat as energy. I would get up and do AM runs, well more like a jog but I couldn't last long, a mere 15minutesno need to run for a long period of time, low intensity cardio training aka incline walk on the treadmill, where your heart rate is between 60-70% HR will be a start and I was feeling like my heart was going to go. It tuck months and months before I started to see my time and speed go up. Now I'm at the point where I could hit the road for 1hour session at a good speed, the only issue that has plagued me is my feet.

I ended up out-growing my weights, so I started up at the gym. Its the shittest gym on the planet but I love it. I go 3mornings a week and use the Power rack. I love doing compound work.

My lowest was 194lb, right now I'm 206lb and looking to drop 25/30lb ? My BF comes in at 20-ish ?. Nearly all my fat hangs of the midsection.

My goals:
    My goal is to add mass and really lean out. I want to look good in and out of a shirt. I've got holidays coming up in 3 and a bit months and want photos of a fit guy and got some fat ass bumming it down at the beech.

My Body stats:

Hight: 6” 0”
    Weight: 206lb
    Body fat: 20-ish %

My Lifting stats:

Squats:
    130kg
    Dead lift:
    90kg
    Bench press:
    80kg
    Clean and press:
    50kg
    Bent over rows:
    75kg
    Pull ups:
    5/6reps
    Biceps curls:
    40kg

My workout program is:
    5X5
    Sun: AM-workout A / pm-Hilt 20minutes
    Mon: PM-cardio 30minutes
    Tues: PM-cardio 30minutes
    Wed: AM-workout B / pm-Hilt 20minutes
    Thur: PM-cardio 30minutes
    Fri: AM-workout A / pm-Hilt 20minutes
    Sat: REST DAY
    you need a break in between the week not just sunday

WORKOUT A
    Squats 5x5
    Bench press 5x5
    Bent over rows 5x5
    Push ups 3xf
    Reverse crunch 3x12
    compound work is great, however this is more of a football workout than anything else. try breaking it up into body parts. you are not training enough sets to maximize all muscle groups. 5 reps really hits strength (white twitch fibers), which may not be in your interest because of beginner, and you want to maximize calorie burn in a workout. try 12-15 reps at 100 percent, maximizing stamina or red fast twitch fibers, this will gain some strength and burn more calories

WORKOUT B
    Squats 5x5
    Clean and press 5x5
    Dead lifts 3x5
    Pull ups / Chin ups 3xf
    Prone bridge 3x30sec
    again switch it up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non training days

M1
    3 scrambled eggs on a slice of whole grain toast

M2
    cant substitite protein shakes for real food protein, and fruit is unecessary here

M3
    lean chicken with whole grain rice and veg
    how much? exact macros please

M4:
    exact macros

Training days

pre
    2scoops of Ons whey (in water) 3 scrambled eggs on a slice of whole grain toast.

2scoops of Ons whey (in water) bowl of oats (in milk)
    way too many scoops EAT REAL PROTEIN
    M1
    Chicken breast with whole grain rice and veg

M2
    this should be your post workout meal
    M3

Pic:
    fifrst off body adapts to a routine around 4-6 weeks, but if its working dont stop. try something liek this is an example of a 3-day split
    monday-chest/back
    tuesday/delts/bis/tris/abs
    wednesda-legs/calves
    thursday -off
    friday-chest/back

saturday-delts/bis/tris/abs
    your diet needs alot of help, take a look at the 1st or 2nd sticky and watch the dvd videos. then come back, with your BMR, MACROs of all foods and total daily caloric intake. then come back post a diet and we will critique

posts are in bold, even though you bolded alot lol

Thanks for the strong feed back
    Ive been looking at those videos in sticky, there some sweet info. I tend to add weight just by thinking about it, so Im going to shoot for 200grams protein 100/150grams carbs and 30/50grams fats. I'll try and put a diet together and post later.

I choose to do 5x5 as my lifts stats where low, I have read that doing 5x5 will get my strength up. Been doing 5x5 for 3weeks and my squats are up from85kg to 120kg. I do want to lose fat fast but I also want to up strength and I have read that when on a cut its best to lift heavy...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Ive been looking at those videos in sticky, there some sweet info. I tend to add weight just by thinking about it, so Im going to shoot for 200grams protein 100/150grams carbs and 30/50grams fats. I'll try and put a diet together and post later.

I choose to do 5x5 as my lifts stats where low, I have read that doing 5x5 will get my strength up. Been doing 5x5 for 3weeks and my squats are up from85kg to 120kg. I do want to lose fat fast but I also want to up strength and I have read that when on a cut its best to lift heavy...
    You should be shooting for a lot more than that. Thats well under 2000 calories a day.

Ok
    I've just worked out my BMR 2079.
    moderatetely active X1.5 3222 based on a 5day a week training.

Does this sound right ? if so how meny kcals should I be cutting.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    You should be shooting for a lot more than that. Thats well under 2000 calories a day.
    Hell your right: 1650.
    Thanks

5x5 will get you stronger, i like to do cardio to burn my fat off .. after a workout. but your routine is like an all body workout.. change it up to a 3-day split or 4-day split routine wiht right amount of sets per body part and you will then see a drastic change... since your pleatuing.. or however the hell you spell it

Due to the fact your body fat is a tad high your BMR is probably a bit lower than the number it equated for you. I would assume your total daily calorie expenditure to be closer to 3000. For cutting I would keep my calories right around this number, 200 below max and up my cardio.

Ok
    I've just worked out my BMR 2079.
    moderatetely active X1.5 3222 based on a 5day a week training.

Does this sound right ? if so how meny kcals should I be cutting.... ?

sounds about right, but everbodies activity can vary .. its a ballpark range.. especially becuz you dont know your accurate body fat. it can work for now. this is how you do it. off days eat 2079 (maintenance level), than workout days eat 3222-500 (lose weight), along with fat burning cardio and GREAT diet/sleep

Also, since it looks as if you have been undereating I would only add in 200 calories a week until you get to whatever desired number you decide on. Adding in a 1,000 calories right away is going to be too much for your body to handle.

Also, since it looks as if you have been undereating I would only add in 200 calories a week until you get to whatever desired number you decide on. Adding in a 1,000 calories right away is going to be too much for your body to handle.
    yep, adding or decreasing by 1000 cal will have negative results. by adding you will gain great amount of fat, and by subtracting you will sacrifice water and muscle (minimal fat)... eat liek your eating NOW for a couple days, and seriously document and calculate how many calories. Then add 2-300 with healthier food substitues then you can work off your BMR, dont shock the body.

So for sum one by size and hight what kcal should I be shooting for in the end: I was going with 2100 ?

200protein
    200carbs
    50fats

2050kcals maybe up protein by 25/50 although I find upping protein above 200 hard ? As for carbs I get fat if I eat to much...

ok that wuld say your and endomorph, eat 1.0-1.5g protein per pound, egg whites, fish, turkey, chicken, lean steak and whey/casein (very limited). eat your carbs before workout and immediately after. use that 100-150 sparingly. eat a shit load of fiber, and the switch from what your eating now to strict healthy foods will make a difference. lots of water, smaller proportions, more often.

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    ok that wuld say your and endomorph, eat 1.0-1.5g protein per pound, egg whites, fish, turkey, chicken, lean steak and whey/casein (very limited). eat your carbs before workout and immediately after. use that 100-150 sparingly. eat a shit load of fiber, and the switch from what your eating now to strict healthy foods will make a difference. lots of water, smaller proportions, more often.
    Ya thats what I pegged by body as. I'm a carb whore lol. I only really like a few key meats for protein such as (bold above) Is pork ok ? if its lean should be sound i.e mince and ham ?...

I love quorn too, is it an ok protein source ???

what is quorn, and you need more variety, find a meat source that you like.. sometiems i feel like im eating cardboard but it yields results.. not easy

On whey how much should I have aday. At mo I take around 4/6 scoops 24grams of protein a scoop...

what is quorn, and you need more variety, find a meat source that you like.. sometiems i feel like im eating cardboard but it yields results.. not easy
    Its a vegie mince and I love it...

way too much, you have to eat protein...eat...eat variety

-2 scoops for PWO will do wiht fruit
    -other than that whey is not necessary rest of day

what are the macro contenets per serving of it? pro/carb/fat with correct weight and how do you cook it

what are the macro contenets per serving of it? pro/carb/fat with correct weight and how do you cook it
    Per 100g Per serving
    Energy (kj/kcal) 397/94
    Protein 14.5
    Carbohydrate 4.5
    of which sugars 0.6
    Fat 2.00 of which saturates 0.50
    Fibre 5.5
    Sodium 0.1

Throw it in a pot, with sum tomatos and vegs...

Per 100g Per serving
    Energy (kj/kcal) 397/94
    Protein 14.5
    Carbohydrate 4.5
    of which sugars 0.6
    Fat 2.00 of which saturates 0.50
    Fibre 5.5
    Sodium 0.1

Throw it in a pot, with sum tomatos and vegs...
    need more protein than 14g per sitting, its not a bad source though..

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    that's one hell of an opening thread... im sold!!!!!! hahahaha...

from fireguys calcs, u wanna eat 3000kcal a day and do the cardio to take off the weight.. so lets put u on a 40 40 20 split

300g protien
    300g carbs
    66g fat..

that's how your diet should look... based upon this (and some research on your part to find macros pro/fat/cal/carb) post up a new diet and we'll tweak it for you

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post

from fireguys calcs, u wanna eat 3000kcal a day and do the cardio to take off the weight.. so lets put u on a 40 40 20 split

300g protien
    300g carbs
    66g fat..

that's how your diet should look... based upon this (and some research on your part to find macros pro/fat/cal/carb) post up a new diet and we'll tweak it for you
    Thanks
    I'm working on it right now. Q 3000kcal for cutting fat ?

I've just completed all 6 Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition, hell its long and a bit boring but its helped point a few things out to me.

His original numbers came out to around 3200 but I subtracted some due to his high body fat and figured around 3000. I can see him doing 200 below that IF his cardio is bumped up. I prefer using cardio to burn the fat off rather than dieting it off because I beleive you hold you LBM better that way but it is tougher.

300g protien
    300g carbs
    66g fat..

I must admit, I failed to take into account his cardio may already be calculated in the TDCE by the activity level multiplier. With that said I think -400 may not be too far off as a starting point and adjust from there.

Probably is offline Junior Member
    just my advice .. dont up ur food intake to like 3000 calories suddenly .. up it slowly so ur body get used to it and dont respond by adding much fat

I must admit, I failed to take into account his cardio may already be calculated in the TDCE by the activity level multiplier. With that said I think -400 may not be too far off as a starting point and adjust from there.
    So if I was eating 3000kcal maintenance I would more likely add mass and cut fat at the same time ? What kind of cardio should I be doing. I dont mind doing cardio, kind of like it.

What should my BPM be thoughtout the sessions... ?

300g protien
    300g carbs
    66g fat..

Should I split it evenly over the 6/7meals ???
    This way if kcals are high I can progress on my lifting stats as there really poor.
    Last edited by BigBoyAdd; 04-10-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Sorry for all the Qssssssss

OK so say I was eating 6meals aday Should I be eating all my carbs in Meal 1 and post ? or should that be even ??????

Shooting for a 40 40 20 %.

M1-Pro/carbs

POST-Pro/carbs

M2-pro/fats

M3-pro/fats

M4-pro/fats

M5-pro/fats

i would make m2 and m3 pro/carb and make the rest pro/fats.. divide it accordingly

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Whats the chest scar from ?

i would make m2 and m3 pro/carb and make the rest pro/fats.. divide it accordingly
    So
    m1 post m2 m3 pro/carb the others pro/fats.
    Also Im doing lifting 3x a week first thing in the morning, and am going to hit the cardio hard in the evening, 30/45minutes daily. Would this change anything ???

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Whats the chest scar from ?
    Ya I was born with a hole in the heart. At 16 they put in a valve replacement, now I tick very second of the f-ing day lol. Some times I tick meny times in a second. Thats if Im doing cardio or having my way.

Triaining days:

M1-Pro/carbs

M2-Pro/carbs--Post weights

M3-Pro/carbs

M4-pro/fats

M5-Pro/carbs--post cardio ?

M6-pro/fats

NoN Triaining days:

M1-Pro/carbs

M2-pro/fats

M3-pro/fats

M4-Pro/carbs--post cardio ?

M5-pro/fats

I just hit upon a good Idea, but Im sure you guys do this anyway. To get my protein levels up I could cook 300/400grams every evening of chicken and make it spicy. Also is lean ham ok, 2% fat every 100grams ??? and should I be eating any fruit ? maybe post AkA banana...
    Last edited by BigBoyAdd; 04-11-2009 at 02:29 AM.

when you say 300/400 grams, how many oz is that??

the meal set up looks good bro..

when you say 300/400 grams, how many oz is that??

the meal set up looks good bro..
    Sorry me bad, uk way.
    Its 10/14 oz. Im right in think that there's 25gram of protein in 100grams / 4oz ???
    jamyjamjr would you do you cardio right after your weights or slit it like I have on training days ???

matter to the day, cuz i train mma.. but usualy right after my workout (better empty stomach cardio in the morning)

matter to the day, cuz i train mma.. but usualy right after my workout (better empty stomach cardio in the morning)
    My reason for not doing cardio right after weight is so I can get home and get my whey ASAP. I've read that if you get your protein 20/30minutes right after lifting your body starts to break down muscle.

Sorry but what does mma mean.

Are you guys sure 3000kcals aday is ok for cutting if I was doing 40mins aday of cardio. It just seams high to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information