timguyperson is offline Junior Member

Need a good budget diet

Okay firstly I'm poor so I can't afford a fancy diet. I'll give an example of a common diet for myself and if you guys are able to give me some low cost adjustments to the diet I'd really appreciate it.

wake up 12pm
    3 eggs (small breakfast because I feel a little sickly in the mornings - 18 grams protein)

12:30pm
    2 cups of peas and corn with butter

1:00pm
    shake: 1 scoop Max's mass gainer (20grams pro, 21grams carbs), 250ml soy milk (8.5grams pro, 12.5grams carbs), 2 wheat biscuits (22grams carbs, 4 grams pro), teaspoon of glutamine and creatine.

2:30pm
    high protein meal, usually a steak or some chicken and rice, or tuna and pasta. (approx average 40grams pro, unknown carbs value)

4:30pm
    WORKOUT

5:00pm
    shake: 1 scoop Max's mass gainer (20grams pro, 21grams carbs), 250ml soy milk (8.5grams pro, 12.5grams carbs), 2 wheat biscuits (22grams carbs, 4 grams pro), teaspoon of glutamine and creatine.

7:00pm

7:30pm
    3 eggs (18 grams pro)

9:30pm
    2 cans of tuna (30 grams pro)

11:00pm
    high protein meal, usually a steak or some chicken and rice, or tuna and pasta. (approx average 40grams pro, unknown carbs value)

1:00am

2:00am
    just a random snack before bed around 2:30am

I need around about 4000calories to grow. Maybe more.

6'1.5"
    22yrs
    181pounds
    10% bf or less (very lean ectomorph body type)
    15.5"arms, shoulders are developing, ok chest, not very good legs.

Lifting properly for around about 1 year. Started lifting 3 years ago (did about a 3 months stint) then about a year after I picked up weights every now and then. I went from 145pounds to 158 pounds over those 2 years. Then in the last year I've gone from 158 pounds to 181 pounds. However in the last 4 months I've only put on 4.4 pounds. So gains are really slowing.

Me a couple months ago, probably 2 pounds bigger now. Not really noticeable though.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/timguy/front.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...dafterarms.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/timguy/back.jpg

So yeah any suggestions are appreciated.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by timguyperson View Post
    Okay firstly I'm poor so I can't afford a fancy diet. I'll give an example of a common diet for myself and if you guys are able to give me some low cost adjustments to the diet I'd really appreciate it.

suggesttions would be ......

ALL LINKS, ID WATCH THEM IN ORDER MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE VIDS IN THE 1ST!
    So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS
    those 2 links are the basis of what you need right now, come back with goals, proposed diet with macros (pro, carbs,fat) of all foods, meals, day along with calories. then post up your BMR and your CURRENT diet and that is what we need for a proper critiqe. GL

ill give a critique for the hell of it
    wake up 12pm
    3 eggs (small breakfast because I feel a little sickly in the mornings - 18 grams protein)poor breakfast, if you feel sick then youll have to start out with something small like a piece of toast and egg whites to get your body used to it

12:30pm
    2 cups of peas and corn with
    poor

1:00pm
    shake: 1 scoop Max's mass gainer (20grams pro, 21grams carbs), 250ml soy milk (8.5grams pro, 12.5grams carbs), 2 wheat biscuits (22grams carbs, 4 grams pro), teaspoon of glutamine and creatine
    poor.

2:30pm
    white carbs?

4:30pm
    WORKOUT

5:00pm
    poor

7:00pm
    poor

7:30pm
    3 eggs (18 grams pro)
    poor

9:30pm
    2 cans of tuna (30 grams pro)
    still need EFA's or fibrous leafy green

11:00pm
    poor

1:00am
    poor

2:00am
    just a random snack before bed around 2:30am
    poor

I need around about 4000calories to grow. Maybe more.

6'1.5"
    22yrs
    181pounds
    10% bf or less (very lean ectomorph body type)
    15.5"arms, shoulders are developing, ok chest, not very good legs.

Lifting properly for around about 1 year. Started lifting 3 years ago (did about a 3 months stint) then about a year after I picked up weights every now and then. I went from 145pounds to 158 pounds over those 2 years. Then in the last year I've gone from 158 pounds to 181 pounds. However in the last 4 months I've only put on 4.4 pounds. So gains are really slowing.

Me a couple months ago, probably 2 pounds bigger now. Not really noticeable though.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/timguy/front.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...dafterarms.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/timguy/back.jpg

So yeah any suggestions are appreciated.
    you are very fortunate you have a fast metabolism! lol...at over 6' you could hit 210+ follow the links i sent and come abck with another proposed diet based on your knowledge and well help you out!

Why am I fortunate to have a fast metabolism? Is what I'm eating too high in calories?

Anyway I'll take your advice and check out those links. I started watching some of the sticky vids already, they look good.

I'll get another diet together and put it back up.

But just a quick question. Is it possible to get a good diet together with only $50 a week for food?

Thanks

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    it's hard... just with 50 bucks a week.... you'd have to double up on that... im not saying u cant do it.. your just gonna have to find deals on meat bro...

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    i get the 5 finger discount! lol jk, its expensive bro 50 bucks usually just covers my meat for the week

I'm at around 12-15 bucks a day. I hate not being able to spend 59 cents for a hamburger at McDonalds...until I pass the 400lb fatty in line getting them and I'm happy again.

Oh yeah, don't know if you have access to local livestock, but buying a whole side of beef and butchering and wrapping/freezing yourself can save you a ton of money. Before I moved to Florida, I spent half what I do now on red meat and processing myself

ace001 is offline Junior Member
    Definately look in the newspapers for coupons. Rarely do I buy anything unless its on sale. I keep a budget also on all my expenses. Before I never knew where all my money went. Now it seems like I have more because as soon as I get paid I tell the money where its gonna be spent. Such as truck payment, school loan, food, gym membership, etc. When it does go on sale try and stock up if you can afford to. Used to as long as there was money in the checking account it didnt matter to me.
    you could always jack food from friends, relatives, parents!!!!!!

I can get rump steak for about $10 a kg at a discount butchers down the road. Pasta and rice is cheap. Like you can get 1kg of pasta for $1.50. 100gram cans of tuna are $1 each.

lol that's pretty much the base of my diet right now.

Anyway I probably shouldn't ask any questions until I've looked at those links. Haven't gotten a chance yet, been working 15 hours straight on a 5000 word report due tomorrow. Arrrgh it's 5:30am and I haven't gone to sleep yet lol. Off to uni in 2 hours. Joys of study haha. BTW I think I've eaten about 10 cans of tuna tonight haha (mixed with 5 cups of coffee...that's a good diet right? lol). I'm not usually that bad, I do try to take my diet seriously.

Anyway I'm rambling now because I haven't slept so I'll stop writing.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Thread Information