TallMan is offline Associate Member

I wanna get r1pped !!

Current weight is 230 lbs with about 16% fat and I wanna go to about 8%.

My diet looks like this:

Meal 1:
    60 gram whey
    75 gram brinta (some complex carb porridge-like sh1t)

Meal 2,3,4 and 5:
    225 gram chicken or 300 gram fish
    200 gram veggies (no bean sh1t)
    25 gram rice

Meal 6:
    60 gram caseine
    30 gram olive oil

Total
    kcals 2459

proteine 331
    carbs 165
    fat 56

PWO I take 20 gram dextrose and 60 gram whey

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    yea, it needs a little work.. lets get you started

this is a link to some nutritional videos.. they'll help u set up a more proper diet.. not to say the one u have is horrilbe..

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

then, give me your stats and do some math for me...
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    Should I use my total BMR including my fat ? That doesn't use any kcal right ?

ur bf% isn't too high.. so it'll pretty much be the same anyways but heres the other formula

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

Cheylayna1978 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TallMan View Post

PWO I take 20 gram dextrose and 60 gram whey
    If my schedule permits, I will chime in on suggestions for your entire approach, as I see a plethora of areas for great improvement throughout your breakdown.

I wanted to comment here quickly on the quoted text above. 20 grams dextrose will do NOTHING for you post WO, as the most beneficial dextrose to whey ratio is 2 to 1. Meaning if you have 60 grams of protein from whey post WO, ideally you'd include 120 grams of simple carbs from dextrose in that "shake" which is made with water of course.

I don't see what 20 grams of carbs from dextrose will do, especially coupled with 60 grams of protein from whey powder. It's so minimal it will get blunted effect wise from the whey, and you really want to concentrate on getting at least some of the glycogen replenished post WO as that step is necessary for the repair process to begin quickly. (even though repair will take days to complete totally, you benefit greatly by commencing the repair process asap and in the correct manner) The aminos from the whey will assimilate that much more easily w/less waste when the carb/glycogen aspect is addressed post WO, and that first step is very key to obtaining the best and most expedient recovery for the said bodypart(s). The sooner you can repair the muscles the sooner they can be worked again. The number of days you must rest/recover have been shown to differ greatly from those who have a methodical post WO scheme vs. an approach that is sub-par in nature. Those few hours post WO can, and do, make a difference in the overall time-frame needed for the bodypart(s) to make a full recovery. How much quicker/days ahead of the "norm" or "what was" will depend on each person and his/her genetics and recovery ability in addition to the nutritional strategy that is implemented.

Bottom line: Make that first liquid post WO feeding impeccable to address your goals/aspirations as they pertain to fitness and progress of your physique development. Ideally, you will want to also address what I personally utilize (inherited from my own coach) in the form of my 2nd post WO meal, as that is almost equally important, but is another story/offering in and of itself.

Good luck, pm me if you'd like to know more about my
    inherited strategies that have changed my physique entirely in what is now only my 6th week with the set of
    principles and "rules" that I now execute on a daily basis.

Tootles,

'Layna
    Da HBIC

layna, is that u in your avi??

binsser is offline Senior Member
    how u say beautiful lolol

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylayna1978 View Post
    If my schedule permits, I will chime in on suggestions for your entire approach, as I see a plethora of areas for great improvement throughout your breakdown.

I wanted to comment here quickly on the quoted text above. 20 grams dextrose will do NOTHING for you post WO, as the most beneficial dextrose to whey ratio is 2 to 1. Meaning if you have 60 grams of protein from whey post WO, ideally you'd include 120 grams of simple carbs from dextrose in that "shake" which is made with water of course.

I don't see what 20 grams of carbs from dextrose will do, especially coupled with 60 grams of protein from whey powder. It's so minimal it will get blunted effect wise from the whey, and you really want to concentrate on getting at least some of the glycogen replenished post WO as that step is necessary for the repair process to begin quickly. (even though repair will take days to complete totally, you benefit greatly by commencing the repair process asap and in the correct manner) The aminos from the whey will assimilate that much more easily w/less waste when the carb/glycogen aspect is addressed post WO, and that first step is very key to obtaining the best and most expedient recovery for the said bodypart(s). The sooner you can repair the muscles the sooner they can be worked again. The number of days you must rest/recover have been shown to differ greatly from those who have a methodical post WO scheme vs. an approach that is sub-par in nature. Those few hours post WO can, and do, make a difference in the overall time-frame needed for the bodypart(s) to make a full recovery. How much quicker/days ahead of the "norm" or "what was" will depend on each person and his/her genetics and recovery ability in addition to the nutritional strategy that is implemented.

Bottom line: Make that first liquid post WO feeding impeccable to address your goals/aspirations as they pertain to fitness and progress of your physique development. Ideally, you will want to also address what I personally utilize (inherited from my own coach) in the form of my 2nd post WO meal, as that is almost equally important, but is another story/offering in and of itself.

Good luck, pm me if you'd like to know more about my
    inherited strategies that have changed my physique entirely in what is now only my 6th week with the set of
    principles and "rules" that I now execute on a daily basis.

Tootles,

'Layna
    Da HBIC
    Considering his stats and goals I would love to see the entire meal plan you would set up for him considering already in ONE meal alone you are advocating 120g of high GI carbs while he is dieting.

Not saying you are right or wrong, just curious where you would put the rest of his macro's based on his stats, as he has less than 200lb of LBM.

Thread Information