RendellUnit is offline Junior Member

Looking to get leaner - Tweak my diet please

25 years old
    203lbs
    BF 13% I think
    6ft tall
    Almost 4 years at the gym steady
    5 cycles to date

Currently trying to put a cycle together, that will be for another thread in a different section of course.

My goal is to get more lean, however, I only wanna loose fat and im certainly no expert on dieting and I no everyone is different, however, I would appreciate it if someone could tweak this up for me and then I can try trial and error from there.

I wanna make sure my diet has the right ingrediants and enough of the right ingrediants to loose fat and not muscle and I also I no the importance of eating the meals at the right time, so I was hoping someone could make sure thats ok.

Cardio will be done at 5:30am soon as I wake up on an empty stomach with the exception of amino acids, I will be doing 40 minutes of low intensity cardio 5 days a week and 20 minutes of low intensity cardio after a weight training 5 days a week.

So here goes:

Meal 1: 6:30am

4 egg whites 2 whold eggs - Pro 28g Fat 4g Carb 2g Cal 220
    1/3 cup oats - Pro 6g Fat 3g Carb 27g Cal 150
    1 Scoop of whey - Pro 24g Fat 1g Carb 3g Cal 120

Protien 58g Fat 8g Carbs 31g Calories 490

Meal 2: 9:20am
    1 can of chicken breast chunks - Pro 32g Fat 1g Carb 0g cal 140
    1/2 cup brown rice - Pro 3g Fat 1.5g Carb 34g Cal 150

Protien 35g Fat 2.5g Carb 34g Cal 290

Meal 3: 11:00AM

(the reason its just a scoop of whey is because I have almost 3 hours before my next break, so I thought I would have a quick shake at this time)

Meal 4: 12:15pm

1 Cup of Boiled Hamburger - Pro 40g Fat 0g Carb 0g cal 300

Protien 43g Fat 1.5g Carbs 34g Calories 450

Meal 5: 3:30PM

Meal 6 (Pre Workout Meal) 6:00pm
    2/3 cup oats - Pro 12g Fat 6g Carb 54g Cal 300
    1 scoop of whey Pro 24g fat 1.5 carb 3g cal 120

Protien 36g Fat 7.5g Carb 57g Calories 420

Meal 7 (Post Workout Meal)
    Salmon - Protien 24g Fat 13g Carb 1g cal 220

Protien 48g Fat 14g Carb 4g Cal 340

Shortley after Meal 7 its off to bed.

I wake up in the middle of the night everynight for a p*ss, so I was gonna have a shake before I go back to bed

TOTAL PROTIEN 268
    TOTAL FAT 37
    TOTAL CARBS 166
    TOTAL CALORIES 2370

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    hey bro, i know your trying to cut but i think you are undereating on workout days considering you do AM and workout/post workout cardio. we need BMR

Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS

then ill do a light critique, considering macros are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RendellUnit View Post
    25 years old
    203lbs
    BF 13% I think
    6ft tall
    Almost 4 years at the gym steady
    5 cycles to date

Currently trying to put a cycle together, that will be for another thread in a different section of course.

My goal is to get more lean, however, I only wanna loose fat and im certainly no expert on dieting and I no everyone is different, however, I would appreciate it if someone could tweak this up for me and then I can try trial and error from there.

I wanna make sure my diet has the right ingrediants and enough of the right ingrediants to loose fat and not muscle and I also I no the importance of eating the meals at the right time, so I was hoping someone could make sure thats ok.

Cardio will be done at 5:30am soon as I wake up on an empty stomach with the exception of amino acids, I will be doing 40 minutes of low intensity cardio 5 days a week and 20 minutes of low intensity cardio after a weight training 5 days a week.

So here goes:

Meal 1: 6:30am

4 egg whites 2 whold eggs - Pro 28g Fat 4g Carb 2g Cal 220
    1/3 cup oats - Pro 6g Fat 3g Carb 27g Cal 150
    cut the whey double up on egg whites

Protien 58g Fat 8g Carbs 31g Calories 490

Meal 2: 9:20am
    ok

Protien 35g Fat 2.5g Carb 34g Cal 290

Meal 3: 11:00AM

(the reason its just a scoop of whey is because I have almost 3 hours before my next break, so I thought I would have a quick shake at this time)
    i guess? there should be a good reason why you cant eat every 3 hours no sub for real food

Meal 4: 12:15pm

1 Cup of Boiled Hamburger - Pro 40g Fat 0g Carb 0g cal 300
    chuck the hamburger out for leaner meat

Protien 43g Fat 1.5g Carbs 34g Calories 450

Meal 5: 3:30PM

should add some leafy greens
    Meal 6 (Pre Workout Meal) 6:00pm
    2/3 cup oats - Pro 12g Fat 6g Carb 54g Cal 300
    eat protein liek grilled chicken, too many shakes, should also be around 1.5 hours prior to workout

Protien 36g Fat 7.5g Carb 57g Calories 420

Meal 7 (Post Workout Meal)
    Salmon - Protien 24g Fat 13g Carb 1g cal 220
    you have thsi immediately when you get home right? and again.. if your gnna take the whey take it IMMEDIATELY AFTER than eat a refeed meal at home. if your gnna eat at home, use a FOOD protein source

Protien 48g Fat 14g Carb 4g Cal 340

Shortley after Meal 7 its off to bed.

I wake up in the middle of the night everynight for a p*ss, so I was gonna have a shake before I go back to bed

TOTAL PROTIEN 268
    TOTAL FAT 37
    TOTAL CARBS 166
    TOTAL CALORIES 2370

bold, fatsseem too low

Hey I just breifly read that thread, its almost 11pm my time bro and I got work at 6am and in order to grow I godda get my sleep

I plan on starting my diet next monday, so I have a week to get this diet on track, I see you respond to alot of threads and when it comes to diet, you are the man.

So thanks in advance for anything u can do for me.

Hey I just breifly read that thread, its almost 11pm my time bro and I got work at 6am and in order to grow I godda get my sleep

I plan on starting my diet next monday, so I have a week to get this diet on track, I see you respond to alot of threads and when it comes to diet, you are the man.

So thanks in advance for anything u can do for me.
    thank you, im not a diet expert but i can definately have input to get you on your way, other members will chime in with their opinion as well, hopefiully lol.

The reason for the shake at 11:00am is because I dont have break for almost 3 hours and I would have to quickly slam a shake in me and get back to work, no time to eat any whole foods.

The reason for the boiled hamburger is my buddy is a body builder and he said if you boil it for 30 mins, strain it, replace with fresh water and boil for 20 mins, strain and then fry for 5 mins, it takes out everything but the protien and the hamburger is on sale this week haha, however, I could replace the hameburger with a can of the chicken breast chunks if you think that would be better, there is only 150mg of sodium in every can and I no sodium causes bloat, but its inexpensive and its convenient to eat and it tastes great.

Fat is to low, any suggestions on what to add to my diet to bring up my fat intake?

Thanks again my man

I godda get some sleep tho, ill be checking this thread at 6am, hope there are some informative responses

The reason for the shake at 11:00am is because I dont have break for almost 3 hours and I would have to quickly slam a shake in me and get back to work, no time to eat any whole foods.

The reason for the boiled hamburger is my buddy is a body builder and he said if you boil it for 30 mins, strain it, replace with fresh water and boil for 20 mins, strain and then fry for 5 mins, it takes out everything but the protien and the hamburger is on sale this week haha, however, I could replace the hameburger with a can of the chicken breast chunks if you think that would be better, there is only 150mg of sodium in every can and I no sodium causes bloat, but its inexpensive and its convenient to eat and it tastes great.
    you could just buy chicken breast in bulk which will be leaner and alot quicker to cook. also i still think you need to rotate your protein sources. more fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, etc. etc. your dependant on whey in 3 diff meals.

Fat is to low, any suggestions on what to add to my diet to bring up my fat intake?
    EFA'S like olive/almond/walnut/fish oil, etc. no processed foods with fats for extra, add in the oils with no carbs after post workout meals
    Thanks again my man
    bold bro

Ok again, thanks for the information, Im going to revise my diet and post it in this thread either today or tomorrow.

Ok again, thanks for the information, Im going to revise my diet and post it in this thread either today or tomorrow.

lookin forward to it

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    where are the post workout carbs!?!

The reason I left out the post workout carbs was because I was told a good rule of thumb is u should try to only consume carbs 3 times a day and no carbs after 6pm, when trying to cut, please correct me if none of that is true.

The reason I left out the post workout carbs was because I was told a good rule of thumb is u should try to only consume carbs 3 times a day and no carbs after 6pm, when trying to cut, please correct me if none of that is true.
    all myths. carbs post workout are a must unelss you want to lose muscle. cutting or not you need carbs. the timing may be different. BUT YOU NEED THEM. i llove taht 6pm myth.

Well etrainrest u no alot more then me, so carbs will be added to my post workout meal in my new diet, may take a few days, but It will be up

Thread Information