Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bodyND is offline Junior Member

Arrow Diet help for cutting body fat.

My goal is to decrease body fat percentage too 6 percent and have a lean look like cam gaident from never back down. After my stats below is a diet i made a couple days ago can you tweak it to fit my needs and my goal please i need help with this, Diet is key to sucess.

Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft
    BF= 19 percent

This diet is an intake of 1200 calories.

Meal 1

Plain salad
    Tuna

Meal 2
    Hormel breast chicken

Meal 3
    Corn
    Salad

Meal 4
    Tuna

makod is offline Associate Member
    Just to let you know. Its going to take you months and months to get anywhere near 10%. 6% is near competition and you would need a much better diet than that (which we will help you with) to get close not to mention the huge amounts of cardio and weight training.

Welcome to the diet forum....
    please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..
    you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)
    once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros
    MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible
    please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout
    also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...
    if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)
    if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)
    Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight
    Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass
    if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..
    for example..
    i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs
    275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight
    236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg
    370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)
    TDEE
    Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...
    you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you have your TDEE, i need you to watch these videos
    Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?
    this video will give you a great idea as to what your diet should be looking like and the foods you should be eating..
    it's also very informative as to how dieting works and what you need to be doing..

once you've aquired this vast knowledge and done what i'v asked of you, please post up a new diet for critiquing and finalization...
    please include macros and times just as before...

thank jamy for the info above

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by makod View Post
    Just to let you know. Its going to take you months and months to get anywhere near 10%. 6% is near competition and you would need a much better diet than that (which we will help you with) to get close not to mention the huge amounts of cardio and weight training.

Welcome to the diet forum....
    please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..
    you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)
    once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros
    MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible
    please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout
    also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...
    if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)
    if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)
    Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight
    if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..
    for example..
    i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs
    275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight
    236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg
    370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)
    TDEE
    Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...
    you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you have your TDEE, i need you to watch these videos
    Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?
    this video will give you a great idea as to what your diet should be looking like and the foods you should be eating..
    it's also very informative as to how dieting works and what you need to be doing..

once you've aquired this vast knowledge and done what i'v asked of you, please post up a new diet for critiquing and finalization...
    please include macros and times just as before...
    In the last few weeks my diet has sucked i think.

Meal 1 = 3 bowels of serial

Meal 2 = red bull, peanut butter in a bowel melted down.

Meal 3 = protein bars about 3 at 210 calories and then melted down peanut butter with red bull.

Total calorie intake = 3000 calories
    Fats = Not sure high.
    Carbs = high
    This is in the last few weeks bro.

Last couple of weeks i havent been focused becasue of stress but know im ready to get back in and have a serius cuting diet to reach my goal. Do you think with a amazing diet and a hard work out schrdule i can cut Body fat down to 6 percent in 3 months if no how much you think i can cut it down too.

Thank you jammy. Ok my BMR i did on a calculator on the computer its

BMR =1886.85
    TDEE = 2452.905

165 X 19 = Total body fat weight = 31.35lbs
    165 - 31.35 = 133.65 total lean body mass.
    133.64 / 2.2 = 60. 7 lean mass in kg

Workout =
    5 miles a day tredmill.
    Light weights high reps lifting.
    Core workout = 200 crunches
    Boxing and doing knee raises.
    Swiming every once in a while.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    OK, TIMEOUT. You realize you will not put on any muscle if you were to cut to 6% bodyfat. You realize that you currently have 134 lbs of lean mass. So....if you get to 6% you are going to weigh a whopping 143lbs at 6 feet tall. That is not going to be a look I imagine you are going to be happy with. Suggest rethinking your goal.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyND View Post
    In the last few weeks my diet has sucked i think.

Meal 1 = 3 bowels of serial

Meal 2 = red bull, peanut butter in a bowel melted down.

Meal 3 = protein bars about 3 at 210 calories and then melted down peanut butter with red bull.

Total calorie intake = 3000 calories
    Fats = Not sure high.
    Carbs = high
    This is in the last few weeks bro.

Last couple of weeks i havent been focused becasue of stress but know im ready to get back in and have a serius cuting diet to reach my goal. Do you think with a amazing diet and a hard work out schrdule i can cut Body fat down to 6 percent in 3 months if no how much you think i can cut it down too.

Thank you jammy. Ok my BMR i did on a calculator on the computer its

BMR =1886.85
    TDEE = 2452.905

165 X 19 = Total body fat weight = 31.35lbs
    165 - 31.35 = 133.65 total lean body mass.
    133.64 / 2.2 = 60. 7 lean mass in kg

Workout =
    5 miles a day tredmill.
    Light weights high reps lifting.
    Core workout = 200 crunches
    Boxing and doing knee raises.
    Swiming every once in a while.

I know that's a typo but thats some funny shit!

lol i know i was typeing fast lol. My goal is 6 percent body fat and when i get to that i will prob do somthing different.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    OK, TIMEOUT. You realize you will not put on any muscle if you were to cut to 6% bodyfat. You realize that you currently have 134 lbs of lean mass. So....if you get to 6% you are going to weigh a whopping 143lbs at 6 feet tall. That is not going to be a look I imagine you are going to be happy with. Suggest rethinking your goal.
    My main goal is too look like cam gigandent. Now what do i do next i completed everything.

post up a pic then we can guage how much work needs to be done

post up a pic then we can guage how much work needs to be done
    here it is i edited the background lol idk y.
    Last edited by bodyND; 07-19-2009 at 03:18 PM.

here it is i edited the background lol idk y.
    picks up.

bro you there.

There is still alot of work to be done. Weights & cardio. Good base to start off with.

You probably still need to put on some muscle mass if you want to look like him. I'm no expert so i'll leave suggestions to the more experienced users on the board.

In the meantime start working on your diet.

any help there i thought you were going to help me create a diet up bro.

what do you think about if i do high protein and low fat and low carb.
    I was thinking to intake 165 grams of protein and then with fat and carb im not sure very min i think right.

If you watched the videos you would have an idea of what to do.

This is going to take months and months possibly a whole year of training and dieting hard everyday to look like him.

Now go watch the videos and work the diet around 2000cals/day and post it up so we can take a look.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...50#post4747950

That's the one i'm working on with guys here. Just waiting for jamy to let me know bf% i think it might be higher than i thought. Read read read everything on this site and you will start to get an idea of what to do. Go into the workout section and read up on a good weight routine and double read the threads about cardio.

Sorry if i sound like a dick. Theres a loooooong way to go BUT you have a good base to start on.

I could be wrong and someone says lean bulk first? Just be patient and some other users who have been bodybuilding for years can comment. I have only the slightest experience in comparison to them.

If you watched the videos you would have an idea of what to do.

This is going to take months and months possibly a whole year of training and dieting hard everyday to look like him.

Now go watch the videos and work the diet around 2000cals/day and post it up so we can take a look.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...50#post4747950

That's the one i'm working on with guys here. Just waiting for jamy to let me know bf% i think it might be higher than i thought. Read read read everything on this site and you will start to get an idea of what to do. Go into the workout section and read up on a good weight routine and double read the threads about cardio.

Sorry if i sound like a dick. Theres a loooooong way to go BUT you have a good base to start on.

I could be wrong and someone says lean bulk first? Just be patient and some other users who have been bodybuilding for years can comment. I have only the slightest experience in comparison to them.
    Alright man ill post it up as NEW DIET lol im going to go finish the vids

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Alright man ill post it up as NEW DIET lol im going to go finish the vids

wassup kids...

first off, to the OP... if you drop to 6% and stay there, your health will be ruined, cuz your prob gonna have to starve yourself to get there..

bb's get down to 6% for comps and they cant hold that for more a little while, it's very unhealthy...

watch the videos..

do the bmr calculations.. i put your bf at about 14%...

take the time to follow the directions that were posted in my sticky... follow them exactly and we'll proceed from there...

BMR =1886.85
    Based upon activity level TDEE = 2452.905
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft
    BF= 19 percent or 14 percent judging by picture.

Meal 1: EAS whey protein = 120 calories one scoop. Total Protein = 23 grams, Toal Fat = 2 grams, totalcarbs = 3grams.

Meal 2: Bumble Bee in oil canned Tuna = 225 calories, Total protein=35grams, Total fat = 7.5grams carbs =0.

Meal 3: Plain salad = 100 calories, and Hormel breast caned Chicken = 270 calories,Total protein = 54 grams, Total fat = 6.75 grams, carbs =0

Meal 4: EAS whey protein = 120 calories one scoop. Total Protein = 23 grams, Toal Fat = 2 grams, total carbs = 3grams.

Meal 5: Bumble Bee in oil caned Tuna = 225 calories,Total protein=35grams, Total fat = 7.5grams carbs =0

Meal 6: Whole kernel shaws Corn = 280 calories, Protein = 7 grams, Total fat = 3.5 grams, total carbs = 59.5 gram.

Total Intake = 1340 calories a day.
    Total Protein = 177 grams
    Total Fat = 30 grams
    Total Carb = 65 grams

Arrow Posted new diet.

Goal is to decrease body fat to 6 percent and look like cam giandent like in the movie never back down.

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

Meal 1: EAS whey protein = 120 calories one scoop. Total Protein = 23 grams, Toal Fat = 2 grams, totalcarbs = 3grams.

Meal 2: Bumble Bee in oil canned Tuna = 225 calories, Total protein=35grams, Total fat = 7.5grams carbs =0.

Meal 3: Plain salad = 100 calories, and Hormel breast caned Chicken = 270 calories,Total protein = 54 grams, Total fat = 6.75 grams, carbs =0

Meal 4: EAS whey protein = 120 calories one scoop. Total Protein = 23 grams, Toal Fat = 2 grams, total carbs = 3grams.

Meal 5: Bumble Bee in oil caned Tuna = 225 calories,Total protein=35grams, Total fat = 7.5grams carbs =0

Meal 6: Whole kernel shaws Corn = 280 calories, Protein = 7 grams, Total fat = 3.5 grams, total carbs = 59.5 gram.

Total Fat = 30 grams
    Total Carb = 65 grams

u wanna drop to 6% and your 6ft 165lbs??????????

u need to bulk bro.. your weight is unhealthy... a 6f guy should be weighing 210lbs naturaly, and i mean without exercise and a bb's diet...

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

Total Fat = 30 grams
    Total Carb = 65 grams
    you know bud we dont appreciate it when you double post something or when you start another thread for the same thing...

we've been more then helpful...

if you wanna starve yourself, there's no advice in this section for you...

we tell you what you need to hear, not what you wanna hear..

i will not promote unhealthy behavior...

o im sorry bro i thought you ment to make a different thread on it after i make a diet plan sorry. O and im an endurance athlete i play soccer and im an track runner and stuff. I have a tryout for Newcastle united a professional club soccer team in about 6 months thats why i wont to drop down to that but what do you think would be best for me. Agian i am truly sorry for makeing a seperate forum and i apprciate all the help you have been giveing me.

i dont think u understand what 6% is man... that's plain unhealthy...

have you watched the videos in my sticky???

lol what would i look like really bad. What do you think my bf should be.

yeah i watched all of them.

lol what would i look like really bad. What do you think my bf should be.
    even at 10% you should be able to see your abs without flexing...

post up a finalized diet with macros so i can critique and put u in the right range..

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

Total Fat = 30 grams
    Total Carb = 65 grams

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

eat real food, whey protien in the morning does nothing for your metabolism.. u got a problem with eggs??
    do 2 eggs and 8 egg whites and some oats here
    add a complex carb, up protien
    add complex carb and some efas
    is this pwo?? up protien
    up the protien here
    replace with a lean meat like london broil and some efas..
    Total Fat = 30 grams
    Total Carb = 65 grams
    make changes in bold... post up revised diet i need u up at 2300kcal

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

Meal 2: Bumble Bee in oil canned Tuna = 225 calories, Total protein=35grams, Total fat = 7.5grams carbs =0.Eas Advant Edge strawberry = calories = 410 protein 17 grams, carbs 2 grams, fat 3 grams

Meal 5: 2 Bumble Bee in oil caned Tuna = 450 calories,Total protein=70 grams, Total fat = 15 grams carbs =0 Meal 6: Whole kernel shaws Corn = 280 calories, Protein = 7 grams, Total fat = 3.5 grams, total carbs = 59.5 gram. Eas Advant Edge strawberry = calories = 410 protein 17 grams, carbs 2 grams, fat 3 grams.

Total Intake = 2385 calories a day.
    Total Protein = 246 grams
    Total Fat = 43 grams
    Total Carb = 70 grams

i have you at 1894 kcal based on your macros at the bottom...

haha bro everthing should be right im takeing it right of the food products and stuff lol.

im not sure

lol u there bro

try to remember something.

1g protien is 4 cal
    1g of carb is 4 cal
    1g of fat is 9 cal

now do the math..

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

Meal 2: 2 Bumble Bee in oil canned Tuna = 450 calories, Total protein=70grams, Total fat = 15grams carbs =0.Eas Advant Edge strawberry = calories = 410 protein 17 grams, carbs 2 grams, fat 3 grams

Meal 5: 2 Bumble Bee in oil caned Tuna = 450 calories,Total protein=70 grams, Total fat = 15 grams carbs =0

Meal 6: Whole kernel shaws Corn = 280 calories, Protein = 7 grams, Total fat = 3.5 grams, total carbs = 59.5 gram. Eas Advant Edge strawberry = calories = 410 protein 17 grams, carbs 2 grams, fat 3 grams.

Total Intake = 2119 calories a day.
    Total Protein = 254 grams
    Total Fat = 58 grams
    Total Carb = 70 grams

i hope thats better lol i feel sick already thats a lot of food bro.

BMR =1886.85
    Stats:
    Weight = 165lbs
    Height = 6ft

ill say it again, this shake wont do shit for you unless it's pwo.. u need to replace this with some eggs and oats
    Meal 2: 2 Bumble Bee in oil canned Tuna = 450 calories, Total protein=70grams, Total fat = 15grams carbs =0.Eas Advant Edge strawberry = calories = 410 protein 17 grams, carbs 2 grams, fat 3 grams

Meal 5: 2 Bumble Bee in oil caned Tuna = 450 calories,Total protein=70 grams, Total fat = 15 grams carbs =0

Meal 6: Whole kernel shaws Corn = 280 calories, Protein = 7 grams, Total fat = 3.5 grams, total carbs = 59.5 gram. Eas Advant Edge strawberry = calories = 410 protein 17 grams, carbs 2 grams, fat 3 grams.

Total Intake = 2119 calories a day.
    Total Protein = 254 grams
    Total Fat = 58 grams
    Total Carb = 70 grams
    i'd be bulking if i were you.. but the choice is yours..

try it out for a week, see how your body responds to it.. see if you gain muscle mass on it... i cant say i agree with it totaly cuz your trying to drop bf when your already soo damn small (no offense).. i set up diets to cut bf and raise lean body mass.. u just wanna drop the fat and i dont recommend that for you right now...

if i were you, i'd be eating 2500kcal a day and hiting the weights like a mad man 5 days a week..

ok i think im going to take your advice becasue you seem very smart on the topic. ok so 2500 calories what should the macros be on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information