Joe-Cbr is offline New Member

Hey guys newbie help!

Right then, so i want to get myself that "cut" look, im 19, 5ft 10" 164lb approx.

I dont have a particular diet, and i want to start losing fat before gaining muscle, thats what i should do? right?

So anyway, i've read some diet guides etc but it makes no sense to me! Like carbs in grams etc.. Is there no way someone could tell me what to eat without the technical stuff? Like eat a biscuit?! rather than eat 40g of this and that? sorry if i sound retarded but like i said im a newbie!

Also if anyone could suggest any powders etc i would be very gratefull.

So i've been told you guys are the pro's and i hope you can help me out!

Criticise\advise!

Thanks alot,
    ~Joe

*edit*

Ok, so i've had a read around and i think this could suit me

Meal 1 - Bowl of Special K (GI-54) 110cal, 0.5g fat, 22g carb, 2g sugar, 5g protein.

Meal 2 - Banana + protein shake - 135 cal, 3.3g fat, 32g carb, 12g sugar, 29g protein.

Meal 3 - Egg mayonaise + brown bread - 156 cal, 3.7g fat, 21.4g carb, 9.3g protein.

Meal 4 - Protein shake + Apple - 47 cal, 0.1g fat, 14g carb, 24g protein.

Meal 5 - 100g Veggies + 200g Chicken - 223g cal, 16.8g fat, 14g carb, 27.2g protein.

Meal 6 - Protein Shake - 30 cal, 3.2g fat, 6.9g carb, 25.4g protein

Now this is just what i think would be ok to eat, this may be COMPLETELY WRONG
    Last edited by Joe-Cbr; 10-01-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Klimax is offline Member
    Sorry, but none said that the first time you start a diet it's that easy!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    you can start reading with these:

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

if you really want the results, you're going to have to put in the time and research.

come up with a diet and we'll critique it

Thanks, but i really dont know what a diet should look like, well, not exactly, i mean peoples example diets have 5-6 meals a day! I eat 2-3 right now, i couldnt eat 5-6 meals!

Could anyone help me out with an example diet cutting all the figures out and just tell me what to eat and when?!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Cbr View Post
    Thanks, but i really dont know what a diet should look like, well, not exactly, i mean peoples example diets have 5-6 meals a day! I eat 2-3 right now, i couldnt eat 5-6 meals!

Could anyone help me out with an example diet cutting all the figures out and just tell me what to eat and when?!
    There were a couple sample diets in the threads I gave you.

You can definitely eat 6 meals a day. Shit, even when I'm cutting, I eat 7-8 times a day.

No one will here will tell you exactly what to eat and when.

We will help critique a diet you propose, however.

If you want someone to create a diet for you, your best bet is to hire a nutritionist.

Added to original post.
    Last edited by Joe-Cbr; 10-01-2009 at 09:21 AM.

diamond is offline Female Member
    if u want it enough , u'll eat atleast 6 times a day...

its ur choice, looking good takes wrk, how bad do u want it??

bodyfat?(if u dnt kno post a pic)
    weight?

165lb approx, i'll try to post a pic for BF diamond.

ohk.. i wil help u out a bit.. but u have lots of wrk too. so b prepared for sum homwrk.

Im all yours.

uploaded a picture Diamond, if anyone could give an approx BF, and advice on my diet. Would be appreciated!

im gonna guess at 23-24 % but i would like to see wat other ppl think as well.

Diamond, any suggestions for my diet?

yes! lots

1st i need you to calculate wat ur eatin( i kno this sux, but its a must and im patient so take the time u need)

i wanna kno the cals, carbs , pro, and essential fats (efas) that u eat in every meal. then i can tweak ur diet.

Is there a website that is good for working this out? where can i find the information for cals etc

There you go diamond, fire away!

nutritiondata.com

Updated with the information you wanted, although it seems im not eating anywhere near enough, well i'll see what you lot have to say.

bmr

165x .23= 37.95

127.05 /2.2= 57.75

370 + (21.6 x 57.75)= 1,617.4

wats ur activity level?

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

yea.. ur prolly not eating enough.. wats ur goal?? cut or bulk?

Cut, Going for the 300 look

BMR = 2506.35
    Last edited by Joe-Cbr; 10-01-2009 at 06:18 PM.

lol ohk.. wats ur activity level..

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    www. fitday . com ( just remove the spaces) this is a pretty good website also for counting your cals

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    [QUOTE=diamond;4887528]yea.. ur prolly not eating enough.. wats ur goal?? cut or bulk?[/QUOTE]

With his bf% in the mid 20's, if he bulks he will be obese. Judging from what I saw he should not be focusing on bulking or cutting. He needs to eat close to maintenance level, do resistance training and incorporate as adequate amount of cardio into his schedule. This should be his recipe for the next 2-3 YEARS. At 19 years old you just need to learn the basics of eating correctly and training correctly.

[QUOTE=FireGuy1;4887630]
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    yea.. ur prolly not eating enough.. wats ur goal?? cut or bulk?[/QUOTE]

With his bf% in the mid 20's, if he bulks he will be obese. Judging from what I saw he should not be focusing on bulking or cutting. He needs to eat close to maintenance level, do resistance training and incorporate as adequate amount of cardio into his schedule. This should be his recipe for the next 2-3 YEARS. At 19 years old you just need to learn the basics of eating correctly and training correctly.
    thanx... so should he but eatin around his bmr??

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Not BMR but TDEE, basically for lack of a better term, he just needs to get in shape. He does not have much of a base muscle wise and he is carrying quite a bit of excess bodyfat. There is no quick fix for this. Any diet considerably over or under his TDEE is not going to be of much help to him. If his goal is to look better I would still run the calories close to maintenance and incorporate extra cardio to help get rid of the extra fat. To the OP, please dont take offense to this, we all start somewhere and telling what you need to hear is going to be much better for you than telling you what you want to hear.

so 300-500 below tdee should be fine for weight loss right? thats wat i do..

hey joe* i've bben doin this only for the past 6months or so.. trust me lots to learn. i will help in anyway..

and thanx fire.

Hey both, thanks alot fire id rather here what i need to do rather than what i want to do like you say, but as i've already said.. Until im fit, im you two's bitch You tell me what to do, i'll do it. Thats why im here.

~Joe

lol ok..

how often u wrk out??
    how many days cardio??

chubbsub is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Cbr View Post
    Ok, so i've had a read around and i think this could suit me

Meal 1 - Bowl of Special K (GI-54) 110cal, 0.5g fat, 22g carb, 2g sugar, 5g protein.

Meal 2 - Banana + protein shake - 135 cal, 3.3g fat, 32g carb, 12g sugar, 29g protein.

Meal 3 - Egg mayonaise + brown bread - 156 cal, 3.7g fat, 21.4g carb, 9.3g protein.

Meal 4 - Protein shake + Apple - 47 cal, 0.1g fat, 14g carb, 24g protein.

Meal 5 - 100g Veggies + 200g Chicken - 223g cal, 16.8g fat, 14g carb, 27.2g protein.

Meal 6 - Protein Shake - 30 cal, 3.2g fat, 6.9g carb, 25.4g protein

Now this is just what i think would be ok to eat, this may be COMPLETELY WRONG

-breakfast needs to change: you need a solid protein source, and a more complex carb than special K.....egg whites and oatmeal are the standard 'round here

-too many protein shakes....stick with whole foods for protein

-try to eat fruits other than bananas and apples....bananas and apples are very healthy foods, but not as high nutritionally as other options such as berries, cantaloupe, oranges.....

-you need better fat sources such as flaxseed, nuts, and fish

-try to eat better carb sources and more veggies and legumes

-exercise......for now, just get in the habit of doing some form of cardio for about 45 minutes 4-5 times a week, whatever pace you can handle....get in slightly better shape, and then you can be a little more anal about time and pace....also try to incorporate some weightlifting as well...

work on your diet and getting in a regular exercise pattern for the time being....you're 19, so by simply eating cleaner with a little cardio mixed in should be enough to get you started on losing bodyfat
    Last edited by chubbsub; 10-02-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks for that chubb, And diamond, i do around 30 minutes treadmill at 6-7, and 30 minutes on the rowing machine, should i be doing more?

+ work out 3-4 times a week

Also, i've been told that cardio on an empty stomach is good? So a 30 minute run when i wake up would be good?
    Last edited by Joe-Cbr; 10-03-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Thread Information