Thread: Shake Sticky

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

Exclamation Shake Sticky

Just an Idea but, I think it would greatly benefit this site if one of the "pros" on here would write an article about how protein shakes are inferior to meals and how they should not be used to replace meals with backup from places like pubmed. then someone should STICKY THAT SHIT!

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Just an Idea but, I think it would greatly benefit this site if one of the "pros" on here would write an article about how protein shakes are inferior to meals and how they should not be used to replace meals with backup from places like pubmed. then someone should STICKY THAT SHIT!
    Shakes are about as debatable as politics...it's never ending. Good luck with that though.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I personally feel like the PWO shake I use (I also mix in 2 tbspn. natty almond butter lately) would actually make a pretty good meal replacement. Flame me if you must; know that I don't replace my lean pro meals with shakes. I'm simply saying if I did, I can't see my results diminishing exponentially.

Guyr62 is offline New Member

Smile Meals better than shakes?

I think the general consensus is that a protein meal is better than a protein shake. However everyone has slightly different needs and requirements in their daily nutrition cycle. For instance, I know from following your threads, Twist, that your metabolism is faster than a formula one indy car! Certainly, if you are trying to gain and can consume 4 to 5 thousand cal per day, you probably would want real meals, every meal, exept for maybe PWO. At 47 yrs old, my metabolism is more like a little girl on a tricycle. While trying to loss 3 lbs of fat per week in an aggressive cutting phase, 2000 cal. per day is the limit. The shakes provide good quality protein with minimal caloric sacrifice. By incorperating EFA,s, the shakes stay in my system a little longer. My other 3 meals are all meat, egg whites, sweet potatoes, oats and salad. Having said that, for muscle growth, quality meals are better. Once I get to 12% BF, I will turn this thing around and eliminate all shakes exept PWO.
    This is just my opinion!
    Thanks!
    Mike

Thread Information