Rufus1984 is offline New Member

A NEW PWO question

Hi everyone !!

been reading on your forums and just simply love all the information you guys have on here!! A man can really benefit from this site!!

Sooo.... i thought id sign up

This is my first question that I see is not yet asked here, and here goes..

I know PWO simple carbs is very important to spike your insulin (1 to 2 ratio)

ex: 40 protein - 80 carbs

now my question is..... can cereal be my simple carbs??

I love cinnamon toast crunch, it has alot of vitamins, minerals, 1g of fat, 5g protein and about 28g carbs per serving

why would this be or not be an acceptable form of PWO carb meal???

it is simple sugars, you do want your insulin spiked, and its only 1g of fat

so any thought or opinions??

anyone

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    First, Welcome to the Site...Good to have you.

Second, you can have practically anything you want in your diet as long as your diet is sound. Simple carbs are somewhat falling out of favor in some BB circles as it has been shown in the scientific literature that a protein only drink PWO is just as effective at increasing protein synthesis as is a carb+protein source. It really depends on what your goals are. If your wanting to cut, then leave the simple carbs out. If your bulking or an athlete then you can have your simple carbs PWO but maybe not as high as you have read.

My person opinion, and remember in nutrition its really opinion based no matter how educated a person is. My opinion is that you probably do not need more than 30grams PWO to increase glycogen synthesis PWO. You can of course have as much as you like its just a matter of how you set up your diet. From the research I have read, 30 grams is a good number to shoot for PWO.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Wooow !! Thank you very much !!

reading your post gave me tingling sensations in my mind

i completely understand what you mean, i too have read that carbs arent of dire neccesity, protein is just as good (whey and casein of course)

thank you so much!!

maybe i will just limit myself to 1 bowl :-P

and yes, i am tryin to lean up

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    First, Welcome to the Site...Good to have you.

Second, you can have practically anything you want in your diet as long as your diet is sound. Simple carbs are somewhat falling out of favor in some BB circles as it has been shown in the scientific literature that a protein only drink PWO is just as effective at increasing protein synthesis as is a carb+protein source. It really depends on what your goals are. If your wanting to cut, then leave the simple carbs out. If your bulking or an athlete then you can have your simple carbs PWO but maybe not as high as you have read.

My person opinion, and remember in nutrition its really opinion based no matter how educated a person is. My opinion is that you probably do not need more than 30grams PWO to increase glycogen synthesis PWO. You can of course have as much as you like its just a matter of how you set up your diet. From the research I have read, 30 grams is a good number to shoot for PWO.
    Spot on.

IMO, outside of fruit, you should not eat simple carbs ever unless you have no intention of losing body fat and only intend on bulking dirty. Cinnamon toast crunch shouldn't really be consumed by anyone, ever. But if you are happy with the way you look and feel like the enjoyment you get from that meal outweighs the fact that it's empty calories - fine.

what do you mean by "empty calories" ??

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    The same calories could go much further by eating something healthy. I am somewhat of a fascist man, eat what you like.

ooohhh i got it !!

instead of eating 30g of cinnamon toast crunch, 30 grams of lets say a banana, or a bagel would be more beneficial

am i correct on this??

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus1984 View Post
    ooohhh i got it !!

instead of eating 30g of cinnamon toast crunch, 30 grams of lets say a banana, or a bagel would be more beneficial

am i correct on this??
    yes. also if you are eating sugar after your workout you are halting the fat burning process. I hope you know that. although I believe that pwo you can eat pretty much anything you want without it going to fat stores, however your work will end at that point

Example 1
    trying to cut bf
    workout 45 minutes
    30 minutes of cardio
    and eat a protein and veggie meal
    Result: you have burned calories working out for 75 minutes and continue to do so as you have not left your fat burning state. Maybe this results in 2 more hours of fat burning
    Fat loss: high

Example 2
    Trying to cut bf
    workout 45 minutes
    30 minutes of cardio
    and eat a protein and simple carb meal
    Result: you have burned fat for 75 minutes and it ends there. This ends the fat burning 2 hours short of the previous example.
    Fat Loss: medium

this is a very short and relatively inaccurate way of saying what I am trying to get through, but I hope you get the message... I too love captain crunch; though I have not had it for many years.

Thread Information