creatine suplliment

meal 5
    depends on the night always
    some sort of meat and veggies
    with pastas or rice

meal 6 before bed
    nothing here unless I missed a shake for the day

this is what my coach has me eating but honestly
    I don't think he knows what the heck he is talking about!!
    I need someone to guide me in what to eat and everything and once I get
    my diet right I'm starting a cycle of either test e. Test prop. Or deca possible eq

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    What is your goal? cutting or bulking?

For me after a lot of studying in this area i would think you are not eating enough food by quite some distance. Meal 4 is a protein shake and creatine supplement?

Definatley would go with the 3 to every 1 way in terms of eating eggs, 3 whites to 1 yellow!! and maybe up it to 6 and have your protein shake

I started taking casein protein before bed, its a good slow releasing protein

Roast beef sandwich i would change to maybe chicken breast and sweet potato or veggies

EFA's i only really found out about lately but are good sources o fat that you do need through the day so look into them

You will get more help if you keep bumping up your thread, personally id say ditch the personal trainer but maybe im wrong

Vikingpride is offline New Member
    Yea well can't ditch the coach cause I'm on the team haha I play a college sport for what and where I cannot say but.. I do want to bulk before my first cycle so I hope this helps!

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    This is your team coach who has you on this diet? well dont use his diet and get some serious help from people on here, bulking i find the easiest thing to do

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingpride View Post
    Ok so here is what my meal plan is looking like

meal 1
    oatmeal Whole oats, or sugar packet oatmeal?
    toast Drop it
    3 hard boiled eggs
    protein shake
    2 pieces of bacon Drop it

meal 2
    peanut butter sandwich Drop this and do a lean protein here - chicken breast, etc
    almonds Drop it
    oatmeal bar Drop it and do a good complex carb here - brown rice, sweet potato, etc

meal 3
    roast beef sandwich Drop it and do another lean protein here
    protein shake Drop it
    pretzles Drop it and add a good complex carb here
    almonds Drop it
    tuna salad Drop it

meal 4
    protein shake Drop it - real food here unless this is PWO. Also add more complex carbs
    creatine suplliment

meal 5
    depends on the night always
    some sort of meat and veggies
    with pastas or rice I'd drop the carbs here and just do the meat and veggies. Cook the veggies in olive oil for some EFA

meal 6 before bed
    nothing here unless I missed a shake for the day Add a casein shake and 2 tbsp. of natty peanut butter

this is what my coach has me eating but honestly
    I don't think he knows what the heck he is talking about!!
    I need someone to guide me in what to eat and everything and once I get
    my diet right I'm starting a cycle of either test e. Test prop. Or deca possible eq
    Really need to see macros for your diet, but at a glance I made some suggestions above in bold.

Ok so basically I am thinking now lots of complex carbs and lean proteins? Does this sound about right? I Know fats are needed for a healthful diet but what sorts of foods contain good fats? And what are some more examples of lean protein? Maybe pork?
    To answer your question they are whole oats in the mornings

Well let's try this... How about an intro and a bit of stats and goals and such?

Well ok.. Hi I'm vikingpride I am a Collegiate athlete and in the weight room I have always been rAther small but strong I guess for my size .. 1 year ago I sufered a dehablitating knee injury (torn pcl and mcl) and I sortof let myself go to the dogs for 6-8. Months I have recently been on an intense fat burning diet and excercise program and am getting back into the groove of things. My knee is now 100% and I want to hit the gym again and bulk up to play again this fall.. I am
    6'1''
    194lbs
    I run a 4.8s 40 yd dash
    max 230 bench
    335 squat
    220 power clean
    13% bf

now remember this is hitting the gym after basically nothing for 8 months!!,
    so now I am training back to top physical condition.. My golas are to be around
    230lbs
    lift 300 bench
    380 squat
    and 250 clean
    by august 2nd so not much time!!

I know my meal plan is crap so basically can someone tell me what a person in my situation should be eating in a day?? I want to bulk as much muscle as I can!!

The most important number is your TDEE - this is your maintenance calories, the amount of calories you need to eat in a day to neither gain nor lose weight. From there, we can adjust so we know how many calories you should eat in a day. Without that info, it's a guessing game. There are many online calculators, while not 100% accurate, that can get a close estimate and it's better than guessing. I suggest you try and find that number ASAP.

Yes, lots of protein and complex carbs most of the day, protein and fat meals at night. Food examples:

Proteins: Lean beef cuts (sirloin, top round london broil), 93% (or better) lean ground beef, boneless skinless chicken breast, lean ground chicken or turkey, tuna fish, eggs, skim milk, bison, many other fish - tilapia, mahi mahi, etc. Salmon is great but not lean - great protein/fat meal, save it for later in the day

Complex Carbs: Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Brown Rice, sweet potato, yam, whole grain pasta and breads, all kinds of beans (kidney, black, white, red - NOT sugar baked beans), quinoa...

Healthy Fats: Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Avacado, Natural Peanut Butter, Natural Almond Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil

Meals every 2.5-3 hours. Protein/Carbs meals in the am/afternoon, Protein/fat meals in the evening and before bed. Fats slow digestion and help keep you from going catabolic when you sleep.

Construct a diet from those foods I listed, repost it and we can tweak some more from there. FIND OUT YOUR TDEE!!!!

Forgot to add fiberous veggies - get them in as many meals as you can!

Fiberous Veggies: Broccoli, asparagus, brussell sprouts, spinach and green lettuces, califlower... pretty much any green veggie. Stay away from corn, peas... too much sugar.

sheckeyshabazz is offline Junior Member
    Wow, great advice gbrice75. Reading these diet posts are giving me even more ideas on other foods I can add to my meals so they don't become repetative and boring. I love this forum

Ok here we go!!!!

Estimated TDEE - 3300 calories
    ( I have workouts 5 days a week so.. Guess why that's so high)

that's a ton of calories.. Like I'm afraid I'm going to have to
    eat like a fat kid at an all you can eat Buffette everyday at lung and what not
    anyway guys I'm gonna work tomorrow on a new diet!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheckeyshabazz View Post
    Wow, great advice gbrice75. Reading these diet posts are giving me even more ideas on other foods I can add to my meals so they don't become repetative and boring. I love this forum
    Glad I could help! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingpride View Post
    Ok here we go!!!!

Estimated TDEE - 3300 calories
    ( I have workouts 5 days a week so.. Guess why that's so high)

that's a ton of calories.. Like I'm afraid I'm going to have to
    eat like a fat kid at an all you can eat Buffette everyday at lung and what not
    anyway guys I'm gonna work tomorrow on a new diet!! Thanks
    Be sure about the activity level you select when figuring out your TDEE - if you workout 5 days a week (I do) and do nothing but sit the rest of the day (I do this also), I would NOT consider that highly active.

Yes I realized this and put it at moderate workouts.. Although summer sessions get pretty nasty.. I said moderate workout (5 days) that was an option

Thread Information